SHI International Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
Very Easy Interview
Inside Account Executive Interview (Negative Experience; Very Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in January 2014.
Interview Details Fast process. Applied and had a phone interview within two days of applying. Then invited to an in person interview which was scheduled a week after phone interview. Final decisions where made within 5 days of formal interview. They have a high employee turnover rate, so they are always hiring new people.
Interview Question – What are your career plans for the next 5 years? Answer Question
Business Development Manager Interview (Neutral Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in April 2013.
Interview Details The initial interview (via phone) was with HR. We reviewed the job description and expectations, no unusual questions. Interview #2 (via phone) was with a Regional Manager. No unusual questions except the job description changed. Interview #3 (via phone) was with the Regional Manager and a National Manager. Once again, the job description changed.
Interview Question – Prior to the 3rd interview, I was asked to prepare several items. Considering my level of experience I found some of this unusual.
2 Business References
2 Writing Samples (you can delete or block the recipient) – Should be actual emails that you have sent to someone
• Customer Communication where you introduce yourself and/or your current company (Prospect or non-customer today)
• Vendor Communication that shows you understand how important our partners are to our business
Research/Initiative/Understanding of the Territory
• Number of Municipalities in each state - How they are organized
• Websites that will be helpful at finding prospect accounts and customers information
• Working in the Government space, there is quite a bit of legislation/policies/agendas that agencies –cities and towns are now required to abide to. For many of these policies there is an IT based solution. Please pick one of these new initiatives that could be an avenue to sell hardware, software, or professional services. Detail the products or vendors you would approach to work with you , how you would engage them, and put together a quick presentation that you might deliver to the client to sell them on the solution.
• Create a list of top 10 accounts that you would target as your “big accounts” to prospect and sell to. List at least one initiative they have going on over the next 12 months that you see SHI can assist with
6 Month Plan – What do you think it will take to be successful in this territory?
• Should include your Daily/Monthly/Quarterly Goals for yourself – CALLS – APPOINTMENT – QUOTES.
• Should include your Business Needs from SHI to accomplish these Goals Answer Question
Very Easy Interview
Inside Sales Account Manager Interview (Positive Experience; Very Easy Interview)
The process took a day - interviewed at SHI International in July 2010.
Interview Details Started with a basic review of resume and skills over the phone. They called me in for a face to face interview a few days later. During this interview we again reviewed the resume. They described the workings of the company and what the job would entail. Went over any questions that i had. After this I was told to answer 5 basic questions on a computer that ensured i knew the basics of the business world and something about shi.
Systems Architect Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at SHI International in April 2009.
Interview Details The interview process is very direct on technical problem solving and approach. I was presented with a few technical issues and asked how I would solve them. This is very different from most companies today which use behavioral interview. One observation is that the employees feel like a big family.
Interview Question – How would you handle exception when one Session EJB calls another one? Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at SHI International