3M

Relevance Date Difficulty

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

AREA SALES MANAGER
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview will be telephonic from supervisor. Next from NSM (can be video conference also) & in rare occasions from Divisional Manager. HR only facilitates.

Interview Question – They may ask about Key account management , Channel Management and team handling experience. Then about 3M , etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will tell no negotiation possible. This happens with HR. They may stick to the band given by business. Approval process for exceptions are quite difficult.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Warangal

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in April 2011.

Interview Details Interview process

Interview Question – Very simple questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They mailed me a copy of offer letter and asked me meet at their company.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Calcutta

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in April 2010.

Interview Details Shortlisting was done by the General Managers. The shortlisted candidates had a group discussion on a management case for 10 to 15 minutes. 1 person was selected from each group of 6. These candidates were then interviewed to judge fit in the Healthcare Industry.

Interview Questions

• Healthcare involves seeing patients b?eing operated in hospitals. Are you scared of blood?   View Answer
  • Why 3M?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Pune

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M in August 2010.

Interview Details Got a call from consultant, attended the telephonic interview, got a schedule for personal interview & then one more round of technical interview with site manager & then finally with a VP then negotiation & offer letter.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One step negotiation was possible

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details There were 2 interviews. The first was more generic and assess individual strength and weaknesses, expectations, aspirations etc. The second was to pitch a marketing strategy of a specific product.

Very Easy Interview

R&D Interview

R&D

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at 3M in November 2013.

Interview Details Initial communication through a campus recruiter around late November, however, the contact was after the only round of campus interviews in early fall. I had a brief telephone interview over the phone and was quickly offered the position.

The R&D intern pool guarantees you a placement, but you don't actually get a job assignment until later ( Jan - Mar) when the hiring managers contact you to gauge your interest in the various intern positions.

Interview Question – no technical questions at my interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate intern pay, their intern salaries are scaled based on number of previous internships and degree level (bachelors, masters, PhD)

3m Frontline Interview

3m Frontline

I applied through college or university and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Conversation with program head and school specific recruiter, mostly conversational. Talked about interests and career goals to determine fit with the open 3m positions. Not too difficult an interview. 3m is a big company and there are many opportunities, so if you talk about what you are truly interested in, chances are this is something in 3m that fits those interests. Be yourself and be friendly and enthusiastic.

Interview Question – What do you like to do outside of school/work?   Answer Question

Server Administrator Interview

Server Administrator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in April 2012.

Interview Details First interview by phone ( I am with a temp agency) with the hiring manager. The second interview was two weeks later with the team members I would be working with. They questioned me about our field of technology, process and documentation ability\willingness. They informed me I received the job because of my personality rather than my technology experience. ( They said some other candidates freaked them out).

Interview Question – Questions about corporate culture. Basically scenario's about how one deals with other co-workers or adversarial customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A - Was locked into wage negotiated by contracting company that hired me.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at 3M in May 2014.

Interview Details After a great phone interview with the hiring manager, the HR manager called and left a message asking me to give them some dates when I may be available for an in-person interview. Within hours I replied with my availability. Days went by - weeks - months - and no call back. For a week or so I continued to give them updates on my availability. I even emailed the hiring manager. Neither was professional enough to even send an email saying "we've moved on to other candidates" or "sorry, our hiring process has been delayed, please hang tight and we'll contact you ASAP". I expected more professionalism from 3M.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult challenge you've faced in your career and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Just a one on one hour long interview. Interviewers were very friendly. I thought it was very easy. I got the interview through my college and it was very easy.

Interview Question – All were very standard questions.   Answer Question

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!