3M Interview Questions

2.7

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M in April 2011.

Interview process

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They mailed me a copy of offer letter and asked me meet at their company.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 3M in September 2010.

Initial interview will be telephonic from supervisor. Next from NSM (can be video conference also) & in rare occasions from Divisional Manager. HR only facilitates.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask about Key account management , Channel Management and team handling experience. Then about 3M , etc.   Answer Question
    They will tell no negotiation possible. This happens with HR. They may stick to the band given by business. Approval process for exceptions are quite difficult.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M in August 2010.

Got a call from consultant, attended the telephonic interview, got a schedule for personal interview & then one more round of technical interview with site manager & then finally with a VP then negotiation & offer letter.

Interview Questions
    One step negotiation was possible

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M in April 2010.

Shortlisting was done by the General Managers. The shortlisted candidates had a group discussion on a management case for 10 to 15 minutes. 1 person was selected from each group of 6. These candidates were then interviewed to judge fit in the Healthcare Industry.

Interview Questions
    • Healthcare involves seeing patients b?eing operated in hospitals. Are you scared of blood?   View Answer
    • Why 3M?   View Answer
    None

Strategic Business Development Supervisor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

First round on campus, 45 minute interview.
    5 minutes of introducing yourself and walk through your resume, why 3M.

30 minutes on a very interesting case. (1) given a slide describing some properties of a new material that 3M invented. Brainstorm and come up with ideas on products that could use this new material. (2) Given a use for this new material and talk about how you would price this new product. Basically cost plus, comparables and value to customers methods. Also what are the pros and cons of each method. (3) given some information on comparables in the market and how do you price this? (4) size the market for this material and what's the potential financial benefits, talk about doing some NPV calculations. (5) if you were a marketing manager for this new product, describe your go to market strategy.

10 minutes to ask some questions. Also interviewer asked (1) do you need visa sponsorship and (2) how would you decide between offers, what criteria would you consider to make that decision.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Two back to back half hour interviews, on campus recruiting with an info session the night before. It was mostly behavioral questions and a few technical ones about the financial statements. Asked a lot about decisions I have made in the past and the process I used to make them. Also asked about current financial events.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Met them at career fair and got a phone call the next day. It was a 30 min interview that dealt with basic questions ranging from why I wanted to join 3M to what I could contribute. Also, they asked me what I knew about the position. I was even asked how I dealt with a conflict.

Chemical Engineer Interview

I got a campus interview when I was in graduate school. But I only have a master degree, I feel like they much more prefer to hire PHD students. A lot of questions about previous researches and it would help a lot if you have publications

Research Scientist Interview

On campus interview, met for one hour with a recruiter. Usually a pre-requisite before rapid recruiting on site. Recruiter described interview process pretty well, and explained different positions. Then we talked about research for a bit, and ended with some questions for them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were able to obtain buy-in from others.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

Standard interview process. Met with roughly 4 3M employees. Ranging form Management, to sales trainers. Asked typical interview questions. Have 30/60/90 day plan ready. Dress formal. Be ready for a long day of interviews. They will give you 10-15 mins in between rounds. Bring note pad. It's helpful to take notes.