3M Interview Questions

2.7

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M in April 2011.

Interview process

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They mailed me a copy of offer letter and asked me meet at their company.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 3M in September 2010.

Initial interview will be telephonic from supervisor. Next from NSM (can be video conference also) & in rare occasions from Divisional Manager. HR only facilitates.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask about Key account management , Channel Management and team handling experience. Then about 3M , etc.   Answer Question
    They will tell no negotiation possible. This happens with HR. They may stick to the band given by business. Approval process for exceptions are quite difficult.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M in August 2010.

Got a call from consultant, attended the telephonic interview, got a schedule for personal interview & then one more round of technical interview with site manager & then finally with a VP then negotiation & offer letter.

Interview Questions
    One step negotiation was possible

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M in April 2010.

Shortlisting was done by the General Managers. The shortlisted candidates had a group discussion on a management case for 10 to 15 minutes. 1 person was selected from each group of 6. These candidates were then interviewed to judge fit in the Healthcare Industry.

Interview Questions
    • Healthcare involves seeing patients b?eing operated in hospitals. Are you scared of blood?   View Answer
    • Why 3M?   View Answer
    None

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

on campus interview. My interviewer is a phd. He is very gentlemen. He talked a little bit about the culture and experience of 3M. His question is mainly basic behavior questions, like what's your career goal? What's your biggest accomplishment? Went through the resume, and asked details about my intern and projects.

Strategic Business Development Supervisor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

First round on campus, 45 minute interview.
    5 minutes of introducing yourself and walk through your resume, why 3M.

30 minutes on a very interesting case. (1) given a slide describing some properties of a new material that 3M invented. Brainstorm and come up with ideas on products that could use this new material. (2) Given a use for this new material and talk about how you would price this new product. Basically cost plus, comparables and value to customers methods. Also what are the pros and cons of each method. (3) given some information on comparables in the market and how do you price this? (4) size the market for this material and what's the potential financial benefits, talk about doing some NPV calculations. (5) if you were a marketing manager for this new product, describe your go to market strategy.

10 minutes to ask some questions. Also interviewer asked (1) do you need visa sponsorship and (2) how would you decide between offers, what criteria would you consider to make that decision.

Strategic Business Development Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M.

30 min on campus interview followed by a day of on site interviews. The evening before the on site interviews the candidates are invited for a dinner with current team members which is a great opportunity to interact with current employees and learn about the company culture in a more informal setting.

Interview Questions
    • 2 onsite interviews (90 min each) were conducted by group managers. In the first interview I was given one case with a declining profit scenario and asked to identify the best stratergy to increase the profitability via market size analysis, marketing evaluation, pros and cons, risk analysis, etc. 2nd interview was mostly behavioral to determine if I was a good fit for the company and the group I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Two back to back half hour interviews, on campus recruiting with an info session the night before. It was mostly behavioral questions and a few technical ones about the financial statements. Asked a lot about decisions I have made in the past and the process I used to make them. Also asked about current financial events.

Process Engineering Interview

Applied online and was contacted by facility for an interview. Consisted of a conference call behavioral interview. Called back one month later and told I had been given the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected was asked. All of the interview questions were very straight forward. Both of the interviewers were extremely nice and easy to speak with.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Met them at career fair and got a phone call the next day. It was a 30 min interview that dealt with basic questions ranging from why I wanted to join 3M to what I could contribute. Also, they asked me what I knew about the position. I was even asked how I dealt with a conflict.