3M Interview Questions

2.7

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warangal
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in April 2011.

Interview process

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They mailed me a copy of offer letter and asked me meet at their company.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2010.

Initial interview will be telephonic from supervisor. Next from NSM (can be video conference also) & in rare occasions from Divisional Manager. HR only facilitates.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask about Key account management , Channel Management and team handling experience. Then about 3M , etc.   Answer Question
    They will tell no negotiation possible. This happens with HR. They may stick to the band given by business. Approval process for exceptions are quite difficult.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M in August 2010.

Got a call from consultant, attended the telephonic interview, got a schedule for personal interview & then one more round of technical interview with site manager & then finally with a VP then negotiation & offer letter.

Interview Questions
    One step negotiation was possible

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in April 2010.

Shortlisting was done by the General Managers. The shortlisted candidates had a group discussion on a management case for 10 to 15 minutes. 1 person was selected from each group of 6. These candidates were then interviewed to judge fit in the Healthcare Industry.

Interview Questions
    • Healthcare involves seeing patients b?eing operated in hospitals. Are you scared of blood?   View Answer
    • Why 3M?   View Answer
    None

Research Scientist Interview

On campus interview, met for one hour with a recruiter. Usually a pre-requisite before rapid recruiting on site. Recruiter described interview process pretty well, and explained different positions. Then we talked about research for a bit, and ended with some questions for them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were able to obtain buy-in from others.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M.

Standard interview process. Met with roughly 4 3M employees. Ranging form Management, to sales trainers. Asked typical interview questions. Have 30/60/90 day plan ready. Dress formal. Be ready for a long day of interviews. They will give you 10-15 mins in between rounds. Bring note pad. It's helpful to take notes.

Marketing Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at 3M.

There were 2 interviews. The first was more generic and assess individual strength and weaknesses, expectations, aspirations etc. The second was to pitch a marketing strategy of a specific product.

3m Frontline Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at 3M.

Conversation with program head and school specific recruiter, mostly conversational. Talked about interests and career goals to determine fit with the open 3m positions. Not too difficult an interview. 3m is a big company and there are many opportunities, so if you talk about what you are truly interested in, chances are this is something in 3m that fits those interests. Be yourself and be friendly and enthusiastic.

Marketing Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in August 2014.

Comparing to other companies relatively easy interview. Just described former projects and duties, some plans for further development. The atmospere is friendly, not nervous. Easy to get to the office in time.
    BTW the IQ test is not convenient to pass - the same time gape for all kinds of questions. The most difficult part of the inerview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you start with in case we launch a new product in *Department*?   Answer Question
    I was proposed a higher position than considered at first. Pretty flexible company regarding working conditions.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at 3M in August 2014.

I applied directly through their website but was also networked into the job and sent my resume directly to the hiring manager. A week later their website informed me that they also forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. 3 months later the hiring manager called me for a phone interview. Two weeks later they invited me to schedule an on-site interview. On that day I was already on-site at another company who made an offer two days later. I took the offer from the other company and politely withdrew myself from consideration at 3M.

To summarize, 3M took 4 months to get me into an interview. The other company (also a large corporation) made an offer within 1 month of my application on their website. 3M is a great company, but I don't think they understand how to hire experienced professionals.

Regarding the phone interview, it was a very natural conversation. No canned questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was a great conversation. The hiring manager dug into some of my specific experiences from my resume. I asked a lot of questions about the job.   Answer Question

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!