3M

2.7

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M in April 2014.

Basic Interview. General questions asked related to the profile offered. As the profile was related to market research i was asked questions on same and also I was briefed about what exactly the profile and work was and how was I supposed to accomplish it..

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M in April 2011.

Interview process

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They mailed me a copy of offer letter and asked me meet at their company.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 3M in September 2010.

Initial interview will be telephonic from supervisor. Next from NSM (can be video conference also) & in rare occasions from Divisional Manager. HR only facilitates.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask about Key account management , Channel Management and team handling experience. Then about 3M , etc.   Answer Question
    They will tell no negotiation possible. This happens with HR. They may stick to the band given by business. Approval process for exceptions are quite difficult.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M in August 2010.

Got a call from consultant, attended the telephonic interview, got a schedule for personal interview & then one more round of technical interview with site manager & then finally with a VP then negotiation & offer letter.

Interview Questions
    One step negotiation was possible

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M in April 2010.

Shortlisting was done by the General Managers. The shortlisted candidates had a group discussion on a management case for 10 to 15 minutes. 1 person was selected from each group of 6. These candidates were then interviewed to judge fit in the Healthcare Industry.

Interview Questions
    • Healthcare involves seeing patients b?eing operated in hospitals. Are you scared of blood?   View Answer
    • Why 3M?   View Answer
    None

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

It consists in 2 parts: Online test + Group Interview
    Online test was not difficult. There were about 7 people at the group interview. Had to answer questions, solve a case talk in English. It was also very clarifying about the positions offered.

Marketing Interview

Phone interview with an HR person then in person interview. I did not get offered a position, but the people who I interacted with were very nice and professional! They were my very first interviews ever and they helped make me feel more comfortable (as comfortable as possible for your very first interviews that is).

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a project or experience you have had in school that interests you and relates to this position?   Answer Question

Operations Optimization Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

One-day interview at the plant location. Multiple candidates were interviewed in a day, 3 on my day. We met the hiring manager at the hotel, who led us to the plant and there was a 3-legged interview process: behavioral interview, peer interview, and a plant tour. Then, we toured the small town where the plant is and had lunch. Then we were free to leave for the day.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you saw on your plant tour that you think could be improved?   Answer Question

The town was too small for me.

Senior Electronic Materials Engineer Position Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

I had the interview on campus. 3M organized an info session the night before the interview day. During the interview, the recruiter asked me to introduce myself and to talk about the projects that I have done in the past. The interview itself is a good experience, however, I haven't got any feedback from them after more than two month.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mainly on the projects that I have done.   Answer Question

(Graduate Degree) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

I initially had talked with 3M at my college career fair where I spoke directly to a member that suited my specific degree requirements. The process took less than 2 month for an initial meet (career fair), 2 interviews and 1 phone interview. Most questions were geared towards what I would like to do and selling my self on what I can do. I would like to note that the interviewer also liked how I had broad experience where all my skills set would work well with the company's focus and research areas. The interviewer said that sometimes as graduates student, we have experience that pigeon holes up to one specific area but a good background of experience that is broad but related is great.

Interviews were very relaxed, just like any other interview. They just asked me about my resume, what I learned, have I ever dealt with difficult people, and how I responded in different working environments.

Interview Questions
    • What would I give as advice to younger engineers (specifically girls) to get them more involved in engineering (related to my volunteer work)?

What did I learn in the process of completing my Master's that I could take with me as I work for a company and a research team?

Answer Question