3M

Relevance Date Difficulty

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

AREA SALES MANAGER
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview will be telephonic from supervisor. Next from NSM (can be video conference also) & in rare occasions from Divisional Manager. HR only facilitates.

Interview Question – They may ask about Key account management , Channel Management and team handling experience. Then about 3M , etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will tell no negotiation possible. This happens with HR. They may stick to the band given by business. Approval process for exceptions are quite difficult.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Warangal

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in April 2011.

Interview Details Interview process

Interview Question – Very simple questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They mailed me a copy of offer letter and asked me meet at their company.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Calcutta

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in April 2010.

Interview Details Shortlisting was done by the General Managers. The shortlisted candidates had a group discussion on a management case for 10 to 15 minutes. 1 person was selected from each group of 6. These candidates were then interviewed to judge fit in the Healthcare Industry.

Interview Questions

• Healthcare involves seeing patients b?eing operated in hospitals. Are you scared of blood?   View Answer
  • Why 3M?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Pune

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M in August 2010.

Interview Details Got a call from consultant, attended the telephonic interview, got a schedule for personal interview & then one more round of technical interview with site manager & then finally with a VP then negotiation & offer letter.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One step negotiation was possible

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Just a one on one hour long interview. Interviewers were very friendly. I thought it was very easy. I got the interview through my college and it was very easy.

Interview Question – All were very standard questions.   Answer Question

Engineer, O2 Program Interview

Engineer, O2 Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at 3M in October 2013.

Interview Details Interview was pretty standard. Behavioral questions, where do you see yourself in the future, etc. The interviewer was a pretty standard engineer-type person with a Ph.D. and focused a lot on the fact that people build life-long careers at the company (i.e. many stay for 30+ years there). He also focused a lot on describing the company culture.

Interview Question – You really should pursue grad school - why aren't you?   View Answer

Technical Aide Interview

Technical Aide
Maplewood, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in June 2014.

Interview Details I got an email asking if I was still interested in the position and I called as soon as I saw it and set up an interview date. My interview started at 1pm the next day. The guy I will be working under got me from the lobby and right away the interview started. He really didn't ask me any questions but gave me a tour of the machines and I met some people I will be working under too. He told me there was another interview the next day and he'll choose between me and that person. The next day about 4pm he left me a voice mail saying I got the job if I was still interested. I said yes of course. It took forever for the hiring process to complete. I got the job June 26th and I start July 21st.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any interview question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Technical Sales Consultant Interview

Technical Sales Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in July 2012.

Interview Details Advertisement in major newspaper in Kenya, shortlisting by HR Manager in charge of Sub-Sahara based in 3M South Africa - thus assures unbiased shortlisting based on job fit, Panel Interview with 2 senior managers based in Kenya - 1 a local and the other an expatriate with experience in other places of the world, then background check by HR as well as an intergrity assesment on the potential employee

Interview Question – How do you sell a premium product that is more expensive than other products found in the market?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very discouraging - was initially offered a salary that was less than what I earned. I rejected the offer and asked what I felt I deserved. The HR Manager then made a counter offer which I accepted.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Contacted by hiring manager via phone who conducted phone interview. Then in-person interview at the location I was working at. Then more in-person interviews at the corp HQ with upper level management.

Interview Question – Questions are behavioral interview type, and structured where everyone is given an interview sheet to ask questions from.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

Interview Details It was quite honestly a brief strengths and weaknesses assessment. Very basic and general questions that anyone who truly knows themselves can easily come up with. There were questions regarding any obstacles that you had to overcome and how did you overcome them.

Interview Question – None. All were easy and bland.   Answer Question

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!