3M Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

2.7

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M (Jaipur, Rajasthan) in April 2014.

Interview

Basic Interview. General questions asked related to the profile offered. As the profile was related to market research i was asked questions on same and also I was briefed about what exactly the profile and work was and how was I supposed to accomplish it..

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M (Warangal) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They mailed me a copy of offer letter and asked me meet at their company.

Manager Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 3M (Bangalore) in February 2011.

Interview

3 rounds of interview very professional. Not hard to break gave examples (live) while discussions were on; was on or before time. I have a very good exposure and experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you know FCPA? How do you handle an a tricky ethical situation -- explain with an example   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 3M (Bangalore) in September 2010.

Interview

Initial interview will be telephonic from supervisor. Next from NSM (can be video conference also) & in rare occasions from Divisional Manager. HR only facilitates.

Interview Questions

• They may ask about Key account management , Channel Management and team handling experience. Then about 3M , etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will tell no negotiation possible. This happens with HR. They may stick to the band given by business. Approval process for exceptions are quite difficult.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M (Pune) in August 2010.

Interview

Got a call from consultant, attended the telephonic interview, got a schedule for personal interview & then one more round of technical interview with site manager & then finally with a VP then negotiation & offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One step negotiation was possible

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M (Calcutta) in April 2010.

Interview

Shortlisting was done by the General Managers. The shortlisted candidates had a group discussion on a management case for 10 to 15 minutes. 1 person was selected from each group of 6. These candidates were then interviewed to judge fit in the Healthcare Industry.

Interview Questions

• Healthcare involves seeing patients b?eing operated in hospitals. Are you scared of blood?   1 Answer
    • Why 3M?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Application

I applied online – interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Entry level engineer position at 3M. Usually consist of an on-campus interview and/or a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The on-site interview consists of a management interview, a peer interview, and a tour of the manufacturing location. Depending on the location, a lunch "interview" and tour of the surrounding area will occur afterwards.

The O2 on-site interviews follow a standardized list of questions. This means that if you interview at more than one location, you'll get the same questions at both places. There are no trick questions and no technical questions that I can remember. Each interview lasts about an hour.

Tips:
    Show up on-time and ready to go.
    Remember that everything done on-site is part of the interview (i.e. how you act at lunch and on the tours can impact whether an offer is made).

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: "Describe so-and-so...", "Name a time that you...", "Where do you see yourself in..."   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Vienna (Austria)).

Interview

Average interview questions you would expect at an interview with two a recruiter and your potential supervisor. It took about half an hour. As it was only for a 6 month internship, they asked quite a lot about my plans after the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, tell me more about your expierences, why should we take you, ...   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technology Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30-40 min where they want you to describe yourself. Why should 3M consider bring you in as a potential intern? 3M also wants to know have you displayed leadership roles on your campus, have you been involved in different organizations across campus? What positions did you have?

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with six sigma?   1 Answer

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cynthiana, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M (Cynthiana, KY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Take an assessment test. A mechanical and comprehensive. Based on the outcome,of the test will determine if you get an interview or not. I took the test yesterday (4/08), in was nnotified the following day that I had passed the exam. Got an in person interview on 4/08.