3M

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details I applied online. Interview was pretty informal. I was just introduced to all the members of the lab, and was given a tour of the lab and all the equipment. Probably took a half hour or so total. They just asked very basic questions like the classes you are taking etc.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Senior Research Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details campus interview
The job opening is found on the website and the interviewer suggested to apply any possible positions related to my background.
The interview is around 45 mins. I filled all the time describing my research projects and the interview didn't ask any single individual behavior questions. This type of questions were included when we talked about the research.

Interview Question – based on my research, what would you expect to do more?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Mechanical Engineer II

I applied through college or university - interviewed at 3M in October 2013.

Interview Details I have only been involved in a single round of interviews for 3M and am still waiting to hear back. The interview was very low-key, asking basic questions such about my work experience as well as my technical capabilities, leadership experience, and interpersonal skills. After the interview was completed, I was told to apply for more specific jobs on the 3M website.

Interview Question – What is your favorite color?   Answer Question

EHS Engineer Interview

Tainan (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M in January 2011.

Interview Details First phase was interviewed with HR, followed by technical interview. Second phase was interviewed by site manager.

Interview Question – To summary what has been talked during the interview process.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details I applied through campus recruitment and spoke with the company at a career fair. The interview mostly behavioral and the recruiters were not intimidating at all. There is only one round of interviews for the internship position. I would recommend going to an informational session on the company if it is offered because then you really get a feel for how excited the employees are about the company.

Interview Question – What are some things we may look for when considering whether or not to acquire a company?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2013.

Interview Details I went to a career fair at my university where I handed in my resume. I got a call back on the same day. The interview was on campus and stress free. There wasn't any technical questions so it was mostly behavior questions. The recruiter was very kind which made the interview process easier.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. We went through my resume and then the recruiter just asked about leadership roles and where I see myself in five years.   Answer Question

Production Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Long some parts difficult but everything in the testing relates to what the jobs are. Great process

Tech Aide Interview

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details It is a pretty easy interview process. Just show up and answer some questions about your experience and your future goals with your education. They generally show you around the lab and tell you what they do to see if it is a good fit. It is not too bad,

Interview Question – There were some random questions to see how you think   Answer Question

Technical Aide Interview

Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M in August 2013.

Interview Details One on one interview with three members of the lab. Met several of the tech aides already working there, showed me around the facility. Very conversational interview, asked about resume, schooling/scheduling. Expect them to respond slowly to application.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out from the rest of the applicants?   Answer Question

MBA Internship - FINANCE Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

Interview Details I had one interview. The interview was mostly behavioral, I had a mini case and this random questions. Overall it wasn't too difficult, but it was intense.

Interview Question – Give me a presentation about a Finance concept.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at 3M