Aéropostale Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2014
169 interviews

2.1

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Nothing to out of the ordinary for a manager position in retail, make sure you know about today's fashion and also know how to manage a team of role models that are teenagers. Being able to talk to previous management skills and job titles.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to coach someone on something they did incorrectly?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (:

Sales Associate/Ambassador Interview

interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

I met the manager in the store and talked with her while receiving my application. I passed it in a few days later, but had to call a few times before getting an interview. For the interview I was asked to dress as if I was working a shift there, so in Aero dress code, which of course, I didn't know yet. I was taken into the back room, and asked a few basic retail questions before I filled out my hiring paperwork a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a teen and mother were arguing?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I received minimum wage. I was 16, and this was my first job.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

The process took 6 months as I applied for the summer but got hired for the winter. Got a phone call to come in for a group interview in the stock room. Four of us stood around with the manager. She asked easy questions about ourselves and anyone could jump in and answer. Then we were asked to go to the sales floor, pick an outfit and explain why you chose it. At the end the manager asked if we had any questions for her.

Interview Questions
    Be prepared with thoughtful answers and don't be shy; speak up first and show confidence and leadership. Smile, pay extra attention and be prepared to ask questions at the end. Stick around last, shake hands and thank the interviewer.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

I went into the store (dressed business casual) and asked one of the assistant managers for a job application. I filled it out outside of the store and when I came back to give it to her, she asked me a couple questions about my style, what I think of Aeropostale, ect. She scheduled me for a group interview the following week. During the interview, I was with four other girls, the store manager asked us about our values, our previous customer service experiences, and what we would do in certain situations. Then we went back to the store and the manager tested us all on putting together an outfit, as well as interacting with customers in the store. I was called later that night and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What does "compassion, integrity, respect, and teamwork" mean to you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, especially if you have minimal experience and/or have applied for a starter position. Take it or leave it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Typical retail hiring. District manager was not very good. Regional manager was great. They expected me to know what was the trend in the fashion at that time. I was not into fashion so I couldn't tell them. They expected me to know what volume the store was making and I had no clue.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about trends in Aeropostale sales and what I was going to do to help them succeed.   View Answer
    They offered $29,000. I countered with $31,000. Settled on $30,000

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I met with the District Manager for one interview. We met at the mall and talked for about an hour, while she asked the usual work experience questions. It was a laid back interview in terms of the environment of where we met and that I didn't feel the need to wear a business suit, but the questions were serious like, "tell me about your retail experience, tell me about a time you had to reprimand someone, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses as a manager," etc. They also asked if I had any questions and they were informative with their answers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job? Why retail?   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation to be done. I was offered what I was getting at my previous job, but salaries are based on which store you will be located at and how much experience you have.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was told to come as casual as i wanted to the interview. The interview itself was extremely laid back and it seemed as if i was talking to a couple of my friends. About half of the management team sat in on the interview as well as myself and a couple of other potentials.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions, it was all straight forward for the most part.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

It was an hour long interview. Questions can be hard if you are new to retail. It is easy if you already have experience. Questions are pretty normal and easy to answer. The manager was really nice to me

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

Got a callback for an in-person interview about a week after I applied. The interview was with a small group of about four other applicants, right in the store. It was very laid-back, and the questions were easy. I made the mistake of wearing my nose ring to the interview (they don't allow facial piercings), but I made sure to explain that I'd be willing to take it out for the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!