Aéropostale

Updated 3 Mar 2015
Updated 3 Mar 2015

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I was told to come as casual as i wanted to the interview. The interview itself was extremely laid back and it seemed as if i was talking to a couple of my friends. About half of the management team sat in on the interview as well as myself and a couple of other potentials.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions, it was all straight forward for the most part.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2014.

I was promoted internally to Store Manager (started as a sales associate and worked my way up, company is committed to promoting from within). When moving into management it was required to interview with the district and regional manager. Promotion to store manager requires interview with an additional district manager, and another interview with the regional manager. Discussion includes past performance, your interpretation of company strategy, best practices for management, and allows you to ask questions about the position and how to be successful.

Interview Questions
    • What can you do to make Aero the place that the teen customer will want to shop?   View Answer
    Called by immediate supervisor (district manager) with job offer, and salary offer. I pushed back for more money, and the supervisor had to ask his boss for approval. Then I got a call back to say that my request had been approved, and I accepted the position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was referred by a friend, got an interview and was hired on the spot. Very basic questions with a very nice and easy-going manager. Orientation followed a week after.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

This was an extremely drawn out process. I showed up for my first interview and was told the SM who was supposed to interview wasn't in that day. The DM called me and rescheduled. I had two interviews before they offered me the job, but both were very strange. I wasn't asked any "typical" interview questions. In both interviews, they just asked me if I had any questions for them. I ended up accepting another offer, and when I called the DM to let her know she was extremely rude. It further assured me that I had made the right choice in choosing another company to work for.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer from another company, and throughout the interview process the people I talked to were rude.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

The hiring and interview process at Aeropostale was very simple and easy. I applied in store and then 3 days later was asked to come in and go through the interview process. I was told to wear something I thought Represented Aeropostale. The interview was with 6 additional people so it was a little strange but it worked out in the end because I was the most enthusiastic and answered all of the questions. I was then contacted 2 days latter with the Job. I would describe working for aeropostale as Fun, energetic, and all together a great atmosphere to work in .

Interview Questions
    • If you were a season what season would you be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

I went into the store (dressed business casual) and asked one of the assistant managers for a job application. I filled it out outside of the store and when I came back to give it to her, she asked me a couple questions about my style, what I think of Aeropostale, ect. She scheduled me for a group interview the following week. During the interview, I was with four other girls, the store manager asked us about our values, our previous customer service experiences, and what we would do in certain situations. Then we went back to the store and the manager tested us all on putting together an outfit, as well as interacting with customers in the store. I was called later that night and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What does "compassion, integrity, respect, and teamwork" mean to you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, especially if you have minimal experience and/or have applied for a starter position. Take it or leave it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Filled out application.. Then got a call asking to come in for an interview. I went in for interview. It was a group interview. I left and got a call the next week offering me the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Very relaxed process which consisted of only one group interview. The people that were hired from the group interview were the most outgoing and had the most thoughtful answers. Do not rush into answering the question--put some thought into it first.

Interview Questions
    • What you do when a customer complains about something?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

the initial interview is done as a group with other people for the same position

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing about your last supervisor what would it be?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview was pretty easy, On the hiring part regarding to salary they are not clear about that, you need to have them clarify regarding the salary and bonuses because it's not what they offer.