Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated 7 Oct 2014
Updated 7 Oct 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

You have to go like 3 times to fill out paperwork go during back to school or thanksgiving that's when they hire more people and you're on trial when you start off make sure you size and if you want to stand out do your on calls (call and ask if they need you)

Sales Associate Interview

Walked in and asked for the manager, asked if they were hiring, said yes and led me to another manager who asked my why I wanted to work there, asked on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty easy interview. Most difficult question was "what can you bring to the company."   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

I was applying to stores around the mall and I just happened to walk into P.S. knowing it was owned by Aeropostale. When I walked in I was the only costumer and the employees seemed to know right away that I was coming in for an application. The two girls working were very nice and handed it to me. I came back about an hour later after completing the application and brought it back to the two girls. Right away they scheduled me for an interview for two weeks later and handed me a 20% off Aero coupon and told me to come dressed like I would for the first day of work, in all Aeropostale apparel. About a week later I received a call asking if I could reschedule the interview for another two weeks. I was fine with that but it also made me apply for other jobs as well. I was not told it was a group interview but I assumed from other reviews from Aero. I arrived 15 minutes before and was the first person. I was told we were waiting for a few others and to look around. A guy and two more girls had came and we started the interview. The manager was extremely nice and made everyone feel comfortable. We were not asked any questions during this interview, we just talked about ourselves to start off. We each took turns greeting an employee acting as a costumer. They are looking for open questions such as "what brings you in here today?" and "Are you shopping for a boy or a girl?" Questions which cannot be answered with a yes or a no. After that we went to the fitting rooms and showed how we would deal with situations and treat the customers and what to bring them while they are trying the clothes on. The last step we did was go into the stock room and were shown everything back there. She dismissed us and told us if they want to extend the other they'd call us within a week. I was offered the job but denied because you only get 0-5 hours a week before Christmas time and it was also 25 minutes away from my house so I took an offer from a closer store. Overall it was a great interview and it was very fun! I would have taken the offer if there were more hours and if it were closer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

Basically I went into the store and picked up a paper application. Talked to one of the Assistant Managers. The Manager called me on the same day asking for me to come in for a group interview that Friday!
    The interview was pretty easy. The manager asked why Aeropostale and a little bit about ourselves. She also included a question for customer service situation. I dressed in a tank top with a blazer over it with jeans and converse. Most of the girls were dressed in tshirt and jeans. If you can wear the brand it shows loyalty!
    There was about 5 others and all got hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you tell a customer about the sale on the items in the store?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

I was greeted by my friendly manager and we had a seat at a coffee shop within the mall. She asked me about myself, making me feel more comfortable by telling me about herself as well. One of the questions I got asked was "What does integrity mean to you". It was a great experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

I went inside and asked for an application. I got it, filled it out, and brought it back to the store. I was interviewed on the spot by an assistant manager, and came back for a group interview. A few of us got hired as temps out of the group interview, and later a few were kept on as permanent Part-time Associates.

Interview Questions
    I received a call saying that they wanted me, offered me about 50 cents above minimum wage (at the time) and asked if that was okay. I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

the manager called me two days before the interview to attend.

Interview Questions
    • there questions werent actually difficult, the problem is that since is a group interview you have to stand out so the manager notices you.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Turned in application. Immediately asked when I was available to interview. Interview was casual. I wore Aeropostale clothes. Was asked basic questions, nothing too difficult. Just be yourself. Finished interview and was told of hiring status next week, which was only a couple days after the interview. Came in the next week for training.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

After applying, I received a call back within a week. Interview were basic behavioral questions. Examples: "Why do you want to work here?", "Describe yourself in 3 words." The interview was in the back room which was dimly lit and had an uncomfortable seating arrangement. The interviewer was friendly; he reviewed the interview questions with me afterwards and said he loved my energy. Remember to smile and have an upbeat demeanor!

Interview Questions
    • You see a customer looking at a jacket that is hung very high up and you ask her if she needs assistance to which she answers no, but later on you see her looking at it again, what would you do?   View Answer

Got a better offer at another store.

Merch Flow Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2013.

I got a text saying i was hired after having the group interview, told me my position and pay which was $8 an hour, very descriptive as well