Aéropostale

Average Difficulty
93 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

Interview Details The process took 6 months as I applied for the summer but got hired for the winter. Got a phone call to come in for a group interview in the stock room. Four of us stood around with the manager. She asked easy questions about ourselves and anyone could jump in and answer. Then we were asked to go to the sales floor, pick an outfit and explain why you chose it. At the end the manager asked if we had any questions for her.

Interview Question – What does integrity mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be prepared with thoughtful answers and don't be shy; speak up first and show confidence and leadership. Smile, pay extra attention and be prepared to ask questions at the end. Stick around last, shake hands and thank the interviewer.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

Interview Details I went into the store (dressed business casual) and asked one of the assistant managers for a job application. I filled it out outside of the store and when I came back to give it to her, she asked me a couple questions about my style, what I think of Aeropostale, ect. She scheduled me for a group interview the following week. During the interview, I was with four other girls, the store manager asked us about our values, our previous customer service experiences, and what we would do in certain situations. Then we went back to the store and the manager tested us all on putting together an outfit, as well as interacting with customers in the store. I was called later that night and offered a position.

Interview Question – What does "compassion, integrity, respect, and teamwork" mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, especially if you have minimal experience and/or have applied for a starter position. Take it or leave it.

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

Interview Details Got a callback for an in-person interview about a week after I applied. The interview was with a small group of about four other applicants, right in the store. It was very laid-back, and the questions were easy. I made the mistake of wearing my nose ring to the interview (they don't allow facial piercings), but I made sure to explain that I'd be willing to take it out for the job.

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself?   View Answer

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

Interview Details You have to go like 3 times to fill out paperwork go during back to school or thanksgiving that's when they hire more people and you're on trial when you start off make sure you size and if you want to stand out do your on calls (call and ask if they need you)

Interview Questions

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I was referred by a friend, got an interview and was hired on the spot. Very basic questions with a very nice and easy-going manager. Orientation followed a week after.

Interview Question – Pick someone to represent Aeropostale and why   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2014.

Interview Details Easy, really. I brought in my application and the manager gave me a little interview on the spot then hired me on the spot! She was really nice and she made it really chill and easy for me to talk to her. The questions were super easy, something you probably would hear at all retail stores you get interviewed for.

Interview Question – Honestly, there was no difficult or unexpected questions. Every typical question you get asked at retail stores like how to help customers, how to greet, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

Interview Details The interview for Areo was simple, we met at the store and went to the food court for the interview. There was about 5 other applicants. The questions were basic, asking about why we wanted to work there and what we thought of their style..

Interview Question – Why do you want to work there   Answer Question

Biloxi, MS (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2012.

Interview Details They only do paper applications in store. I was called in for an interview, and asked general questions about myself. I did research prior to the interview which wasn't exactly needed.

Interview Question – I didn't expect the interview to be so personal. By that, I mean it was only general conversation. There weren't any questions about the company or my work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager just said that I would start training the following week.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

Interview Details I went inside and asked for an application. I got it, filled it out, and brought it back to the store. I was interviewed on the spot by an assistant manager, and came back for a group interview. A few of us got hired as temps out of the group interview, and later a few were kept on as permanent Part-time Associates.

Interview Question – - Having to pick out an outfit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a call saying that they wanted me, offered me about 50 cents above minimum wage (at the time) and asked if that was okay. I accepted.

Howell, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Interview Details Walked in, asked for an application, got one. Filled it out and was called for an interview. It was my first interview so I was nervous. It was so rough. Group interview (I was shy) so my answers sucked because the girl with me was super outgoing and I wasn't at the time. Somehow, I was hired. They were probably understaffed. Just be friendly, wear a plaid shirt with a layer underneath (cami, boytank, etc) with jeans (maybe rolled up) with toms or sparrys or vans or anything besides flipflops or tennis shoes.

Interview Question – Not relaly any difficult questions; mainly stuff like 1. what does teamwork mean to you? 2. describe yourself in three words 3. what is your biggest weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!