Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr 2015
Updated 10 Apr 2015

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went into the store, met with the manager, they told me they could do an interview on the spot so they took me in the back room and gave me the general screening. It took about 30 to 45 minutes to complete, then i had to fill out all the paper work and they told me that they would be giving me a call whenever they needed me to come into work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Very down to earth, they ask easy questions and generally just want to make sure you are a fit for them and they are a fit for you. Group interviews are very common.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

I received another position in my area of expertise

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got called in for a group interview. I'M glad I didn't get accepted an offer because they expect you to be some fashionista. One part of the interview was to go pick out an outfit from the store that you'd wear to a BBQ and you have to explain why you'd wear it. Then, they asked you to try to sell them the outfit you are wearing by creating a sales pitch.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Easy! Dress nice(look at their website and dress similarly). Be energetic, friendly. They look for personality, those pleasant to work with, as well as sales ability. It's a plus if you have worked at a fast paced environment, and used the cash register.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Found me at my college campus. Called for an interview. Told me to wear a fitted tshirt and jeans for the day of the interview. The interview was a group one which was fine but it didn't feel personalized. Most of us were immediately hired and shown around. The managers were very nice and helpful

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I printed out an application and applied at the store, I didn't speak to the manager but I talked to a nice sales associate and he told me that they were always looking for new people to hire especially since it was close to the holiday season. All he seemed to want to know about was my availability. I got a call from the hiring manager exactly a week later asking if I was available for an interview the following day in front of the store. She said to dress what I think would be professional but fashion forward and how I would dress for a day of work at Aeropostale. I arrived 30 min early and was the first one there. It was a group interview with two other girls. I answered the questions pretty well and most of the time before the other two girls. She said she would call us back if she was interest in us within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite celebrity?   Answer Question
    • Who or what inspires your style? (Celebrity and/or social media )   Answer Question
    • What do would you say to someone that looking around the store to get them to consider buying or at least trying something on?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went in with a resume and they told me they were having group interviews later on that evening. I came into the group interview and it was very simple questions why do you want to work here .. Etc. One girl got to the interview extremely late. They said they would call all of us and let us know something. They never called me. I Also found out they offered the position to the girl who was super late... Very unprofessional. And no one shops at aeropostale anymore so it would have probably sucked. They wanted to offer us 4 to 8,hours a week... Waste of time.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2014.

Interview

Called and asked if any part-time positions were available and was asked to come pick up an application. Submitted the application next day and was told I would receive a call later that day, but never did, so I called again that same day and was asked to bring in SS Card and License. Next day, met the manager who was in charge and she put me in for Black Friday (I have no job experience) and haven't been trained yet. I was not interviewed, but rather just sat next to her on the computer and just chatted about availability and how busy the days are. Sat and filled out the forms on the computer and was hired!

Overall experience was great, employees were all very nice and laid back. Manager was extremely nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Was just asked in a casual conversation: What I wanted to study, When I could work.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Humble, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

SUPER FRIENDLY. Feels like you're talking to a close friend but keeping it professional. The interview is really simple and they are very detailed about the job requirements and they give you a brief overview of your duties.

Interview Questions

• Working around your schedule. They need committed people   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process includes either two or more interviewees. Of course, they start off by telling you to describe yourself. And then they started to ask odd questions such as what I would order at Taco Bell and what's my favorite movie and why. I guess the real interview is when they actually put you on the floor and tell you to act as if you were actually hired and working.

Interview Questions

• "Now we're going to put you on the floor and give you the oppurtunity to work."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations; only paid minimum wage.