Yellow Transportation

www.myyellow.com
  www.myyellow.com

Interview Question

Account Executive Interview

A situation occurs like this: A customer has unfortunately

been missed on pick ups 2 days in a row. The customer is very upset and threatens to stop doing business with you.......HOW would you handle this situation and is there any corrective action you would take
Answer

Interview Answer

2 Answers

First, contact the customer and get full understanding from them of issues. 2nd) Get with operations and understand the circumstances for the missed pick ups - closed early, driver held up at previous stops, etc. 3rd) Speak further with city dispatch to understand how the customer will be serviced moving forward...that is if you can keep them on board. 4th) Develop an SOP and have everyone agree to its terms to keep this customer satisfied. 5th) Provide feedback to the customer regarding the SOP and how pick ups will be handled moving forward. 6th) If it were my account I would monitor for the next 5 business days any pick up needs and communicate between custmomer and city dispatch to "baby sit" this issue and ensure the SOP is being executed as agreed to.....continue to improve process as you move forward.

Interview Candidate on 08-Aug-2012

First of all I would listen to all his complaints patiently to calm him down. After that I will apologize that customer for the inconvenience held on behalf of our company. I will try to conveyance him to use our services at discounted rates or for free for next 2 days, as the situation demands, to change his mind about using our services in near future.

Secondly, I'll go to the problem's depth to find out person accountable for this & will take some strict/ corrective action against him. In case there will be any technical or other issue, I'll report the same to my seniors & will work on it until it gets resolved.

Manjari Bhatt on 14-Aug-2012

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.