ABB Group Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep 2014

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB Group in January 2012.

This is very Pleasant experience

Interview Questions
    Looks monopoly, they tell how much salary they can offer, but that will be a good figure only.

Senior Domain Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB Group in August 2011.

Interview was held in person.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB Group in July 2011.

There were 3 rounds. First was on data structures, second was on personality and third was an HR round. Basic knowledge on data structures and c++ is enough.

Interview Questions
    • How can you override a function in its base classes if it is a multiple inheritance.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer - Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ABB Group in October 2010.

One round of telephonic and one round of Face to Face interview

Interview Questions
    Very less scope for negotiation

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ABB Group in October 2010.

5 stage round. Technical written test, GD, Case Study Presentation, Technical interview, HR interview

Interview Questions
    Ours was a standard process

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB Group in October 2009.

I had a interview with a senior manager with a lot of questions on Project management aspect. The interview also went into the understanding of the Industrial Automation domain and technical portions for making sure that the person knows the thing he leads.

I am not sure if they follow the same process for all interviews but I got a call and was asked to be available next day and then I had a 45 minute interview. Nothing more. Haven't yet reached the next stage so can't say much

Interview Questions
    • What different kinds of analysis you do for Project closure?   Answer Question
    • What is risk and what is the difference between Mitigation and Contingency Plan?
      How do you identify Risks?
        Answer Question
    • What is critical path for the project? What action do you take if something in critical path is getting affected?   Answer Question
    • What are the goals of project Management? Which one of them is more important (Scope, cost, schedule - well after the first part was answered)   Answer Question
    • What is the best achievement of your career? What is the biggest conflict you have had in your organization and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

interviewed at ABB Group in September 2008.

the interview was good, interviewers are helpful,they would help you in getting the answers
    . don't fool around as the interviewers are smart and experienced. if you don't know it, just say it.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to join this firm, we don't pay you handsomely and neither do we promote higher education, then ,why   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farīdābād, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farīdābād, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABB Group in June 2008.

There is technical Interviews related to that field.

Interview Questions
    As you understand the best.

Manager Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ABB Group in February 2008.

Advertised over our website.Applications are recd. by HR by interested candidates.There is an internal reference process also.We prefer to keep the hiring process internal.Rarely do you see advertisements in newspapers.In most cases the technical interview decides the candidates fate.HR does not scrutiny much if technical interview is through(Unless there is something terribly wrong).It is quite natural for ABB to expect good English speaking candidates being a MNC having operations in more than 140 countries.

Interview Questions
    • They could ask you to rate your interest towards the position applied on a scale of 1-10.
      If you end up saying 10,you could be asked an other question like would you be willing to come at a lesser CTC than your current CTC as it interests you so much.
        View Answer
    this is the only time when you can ask for the salary you expect and get it too,if you can justify.

Automation Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

I participated in the selection process and was selected among the three finalists, but the work got someone already working in this company in Chile for the company policies.
    The process is a little slow. The meeting was useful for them to know me, however, the chances I had were low, as someone who already worked at the company had more possibilities.

Interview Questions
    • how you managed to solve a specific problem in a previous work?   Answer Question