ABB Group

Updated 10 Dec 2014

Associate Scientist Power Electronics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB Group in December 2014.

applied through campus, first resume based shortlisting giving importance to the project or thesis
    then technical and HR interview at campus. in technical interview they will ask about project in depth
    then they will check knowledge of basics of electrical engineering ,FACTS HVDC etc it will be a lengthier interview which lasts for 1.5 -2 hrs if they are interested, this will be followed by a brief HR round

Interview Questions
    • tell me about your self considering your technical background (unexpected)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

simple and easy. anyways its depends on person. mostly basic c# questions. and in mangerial sounds asked about project and architectural questions. and design of the current project. he was very cool guy.

it was tough.they will tell all reasons to convince. its up to u to convince n join.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at ABB Group in July 2014.

Had 2 telephonic interviews from Europe - mostly technical, behavioural and architecture topics followed by 2 interviews onsite in the office (1 - HR). Good structure in interview and no non-sense questions asked. Good impression of the interviewers. Hiring process took painstakingly long without proactive communication from HR with very little room for negotiation once the offer was made.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at ABB Group in April 2014.

Tech Interview by UK Manager, HR interview by Banglore HR.
    HR promised for travel reimbursement and requested me to travel from Hyderabad to Bangalore for interview. After interview, I found it is different from my current job. I rejected offer.
    HR did not pay my travel reimbursement. They smartly told me, they will send reimbursement form later. they sent to my mail after good followup. I couriered all my original bills to HR. Called after 2 weeks for followup. they told they have not received any courier. Then I sent scanned copies ( soft form). they played a drama that some head office has to approve. and always there is delay because of one pending signature. After 7 months follow up, I gave up the idea of asking them for reimbursement.
    Guys dont trust ABB persons. they will cheat. Dont believe their future promise

They are not in to core process design. Support to Automation

Principal Scientist Interview

Two rounds of phone interview including one technical, mostly about prior experience.

Power Electronics R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB Group.

My project was based on Inverters. Therefore from basics till Detailed concepts like PWM, PWM with harmonic elimination. The interview was at IIt D. interview was for one hour. Communication skills does not matter. Question were also based on FACTS devices like STATCOM.

Senior Global Marketing & Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

Campus interview, Selection of top 8 from college, technical exam, Group discussion, Psychological interview, HR interveiw

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as it was campus interview and salary is fixed

Management Trainee(Electrical Engineer) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ABB Group.

Company conducted a pool campus all over India.First there was an online technical test focussing on basics of respective core fields through which they shortlisted some candidates.Interviews were conducted at their office.Though i was not selected in the end ,a very unique and enjoyable experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • very basic questions checking the core of knowledge and reasoning.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group in October 2013.

5 rounds tech test,tech interview,hr interview,presentation-case study, group discussion focus on gd,hr interview part, very basic questions in technical interview,be honest in hr interview and be mobile to work anywhere in India

fixed salary

Finance Controller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

Two HR round and one technical round!!!

Interview Questions
    • The question was pretty much in line with the resume!!   Answer Question
    A day