ABB Group

42 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer - Quality Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ABB Group in October 2010.

Interview Details One round of telephonic and one round of Face to Face interview

Interview Question – How will your previous experience help our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very less scope for negotiation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ABB Group in January 2012.

Interview Details This is very Pleasant experience

Interview Question – Not anything appeared as such   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Looks monopoly, they tell how much salary they can offer, but that will be a good figure only.

Manager Technical Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ABB Group in February 2008.

Interview Details Advertised over our website.Applications are recd. by HR by interested candidates.There is an internal reference process also.We prefer to keep the hiring process internal.Rarely do you see advertisements in newspapers.In most cases the technical interview decides the candidates fate.HR does not scrutiny much if technical interview is through(Unless there is something terribly wrong).It is quite natural for ABB to expect good English speaking candidates being a MNC having operations in more than 140 countries.

Interview Question – They could ask you to rate your interest towards the position applied on a scale of 1-10.
If you end up saying 10,you could be asked an other question like would you be willing to come at a lesser CTC than your current CTC as it interests you so much.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – this is the only time when you can ask for the salary you expect and get it too,if you can justify.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Bangalore

I interviewed at ABB Group in September 2008.

Interview Details the interview was good, interviewers are helpful,they would help you in getting the answers
. don't fool around as the interviewers are smart and experienced. if you don't know it, just say it.

Interview Question – why do you want to join this firm, we don't pay you handsomely and neither do we promote higher education, then ,why   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Farīdābād, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABB Group in June 2008.

Interview Details There is technical Interviews related to that field.

Interview Question – Why you want to join us   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As you understand the best.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore

The process took a day - interviewed at ABB Group in July 2011.

Interview Details There were 3 rounds. First was on data structures, second was on personality and third was an HR round. Basic knowledge on data structures and c++ is enough.

Interview Question – How can you override a function in its base classes if it is a multiple inheritance.   View Answer

Senior Domain Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ABB Group in August 2011.

Interview Details Interview was held in person.

Interview Question – What is the reason for change?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ABB Group in October 2010.

Interview Details 5 stage round. Technical written test, GD, Case Study Presentation, Technical interview, HR interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Ours was a standard process

Project Manager Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ABB Group in October 2009.

Interview Details I had a interview with a senior manager with a lot of questions on Project management aspect. The interview also went into the understanding of the Industrial Automation domain and technical portions for making sure that the person knows the thing he leads.

I am not sure if they follow the same process for all interviews but I got a call and was asked to be available next day and then I had a 45 minute interview. Nothing more. Haven't yet reached the next stage so can't say much

Interview Questions

• What different kinds of analysis you do for Project closure?   Answer Question
  • What is risk and what is the difference between Mitigation and Contingency Plan?
    How do you identify Risks?
      Answer Question
  • What is critical path for the project? What action do you take if something in critical path is getting affected?   Answer Question
  • What are the goals of project Management? Which one of them is more important (Scope, cost, schedule - well after the first part was answered)   Answer Question
  • What is the best achievement of your career? What is the biggest conflict you have had in your organization and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Electronic Hardware Engineer Interview

Västerås, Västmanland (Sweden)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABB Group in October 2013.

Interview Details First of I meet ABB on a company/job con. You'll get to talk to someone from the HR there. And if you are lucky you are a person they are looking after. Then they want to chat some more with you about you education and what you do and what are you good at. And from here you might get informations to someone to speak to in ABB or a business card. You'll get a joboppertunity to submit too.

After that you can call the person on the business card and just "comfirm" that they have gotten your applications on/from the company homepage.

When the time has ended for the jobapplication then they are starting to filter the applications and call some of the people on all the jobapplications. Hopefully you are one of them. (Most likely if you called or e-mailed!).

When they call you there will be a quick phoneinterview. Mostly just formal information questions, time and place for a first interview and little about yourself.

On the interview you will mostly likely meet the chief and a HR-person. First you'll get information about ABB in whole and the daughter company for ABB Group you are applying for. Now they will go though your CV from first line of text to the last in principle. After that they will go though your application lettler in short.

It's alot of personal information they want, who are you, what have you done, what do you like to do on your freetime and more alike questions. Then you'll will get to look at some products of ABB and there will be some small questions about what you think about the products. At the same time there will be handed some information about the job to you.

If all has gone well and they look please you will be lead out and most likley they call you again. This time they will book you in for a drug test.

The drug test makes sure you are healthy in aspects on have you taken any kind of drugs, do you have diabetics. And if your kidneys work well or are you training alot with extra proteins so that your urin has proteins. Then there is a hearing, eye-shight test, bloodtest to see how healthy you are in terms of condition and other stuff in blood. This medical test takes about 30 mins to 1 hour.

If the medical test looks good then you'll get another call and hopefully you are suited for the application from all the criterias. If not they'll tell you why not. If you are, you'll be booked in for another interview where salary and the job you are applying for is the main disucssion. And if you accept on the terms and they accept on your terms then you'll get a contract in your hand to sign on. (I personally would take the contract with me and read it though and with your union to make sure that everything is correct).

If you sign it then post or hand it in and make a call to the chief and you'll will start working. Until here you are still able to say no if you feel like the contract isn't suiting you well and isn't what the union has signed up on with ABB.

Interview Question – What do you like about being a leader?
Would you like to become a project leader or higher in future in ABB?
What do you think about the products?
  View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at ABB Group

Worked for ABB Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ABB Group interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews are posted anonymously by ABB Group employees and interview candidates.