ADP

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details connected through Linkedin recruiter. initial call with HR. brought in for interview with VP. straight forward interview.... then contacted for interview with DM and for ride along... standard questions. ADP is a great company. very big. ideal if you are looking for sales training.

Interview Question – who was one of your recent mentors...   Answer Question

Melville, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

Interview Details I posted online, and reached out to people in the company through linkedIn. The HR recruiter was extremely pleasant and took the time to explain the company, position as well as expectations for the interview process. After the phone Interview I met with the Regional VP who provided me with his vision for the program and market. He was professional and represented the company very well. I then interviewed with two Sales Managers one who had recently been promoted. The recently promoted Sales Manager asked great questions about my experience and took a general interest in my background and what I could bring to ADP. My final interview was a generic sales presentation about BRO (Business Resource Outsourcing). I received praise from both of the Sales Managers and the VP of Sales for my presentation skills and business acumen. I reached out to the HR Recruiter on the following Monday and was told that I was overqualified for the position. I agreed with their assessment, with 17 years of Management experience it would have been a taking a step back in my career.

Interview Question – With all of your experience why do you want to take a step back in your career?   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative
South San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

Interview Details 1. Submitted resume through an employee referral, got an email asking to set up a phone interview.
Phone interview was easy and brief- gauging interest in sales and asking questions about your resume.
2. Passed phone interview and set up an interview with VP of sales
Seems like a high pressure environment, but they call it "fun and competitive"
3. Passed that and set up an interview with district manager
4. Passed that and went for a ride along with an outside sales rep
Did not follow up- chose a different job
Make your own schedule and hours, but have to hit weekly quota

Interview Questions

Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details Interview process is pretty intense. Be prepared for several interviews. The recorded interview is awkward. The phone interview is pretty standard. I made it to the first in person interview and was put off by the demeanor of the managers and their interview tactics. The came off as rude. I felt relieved leaving the office after.

Interview Question – What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Interviewed at ADP

Interview Details I was contacted by there internal recruiter that found my resume online. I had one phone interview, one face to face, a ride along, and then had to do a 20 min sales presentation. Overall the process was straight forward and my recruiter was very helpful during the process too.

Interview Question – The most difficult part for me was the 20 minute presentation. The question were all standard interview question in my opinion.   Answer Question

Lynwood Center, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details Recruiter contacted me and I had an in person interview, my recruiter was very informative and helpful. I am still waiting to hear back about the follow up interview and possibility of a hire.

Interview Question – Give me your sales pitch   Answer Question

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in April 2014.

Interview Details It started with the HireVue app in which you record yourself with your smartphone or laptop answering typical questions about your background, skills, why are you a good fit, etc. Then, you have to do a phone interview with the recruiter. If that goes well, you have 2 to 3 more face-to-face interviews including your future manager. After, you have a field-ride to visit a real prospect on a real meeting scenario. This part is critical because you can ask many questions about the company, the role and they sales rep can give you tips about the day-to-day. Finally, you need to do a role-play about a business case and portray how would you position ADP TotalSource to a prospects. This activity, while a little but stressful it's very good because you will get to know what you will be actually selling and decide for yourself if this is a good fit or not. Oh, I forgot the last interview with the Area VP in which you can expect a deep dive on your experience, how to do things, success in the past, things you've learned. While the process seems long, it's well thought for the purpose of giving you and the employer enough elements to make an informed decision.

Interview Question – If we hired you, why would you think you would NOT be successful? Kinda tough questions because basically is a set up for you to tell them why shouldn't they hire you.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Interview Details I first learned about the ADP position at a career fair, I was contacted after passing along my interview and I had a phone interview shortly after. The phone interview was an initial screening and not very difficult. At the end of the phone interview I set up a 1-1 interview a week later. The interview went well, the questions were not difficult and they explained exactly what the position was like and the hiring process. Overall I was pleased with the interview process.

Interview Question – What is the main goal you are trying to achieve with a career?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details The interview process with ADP was very long. I had a first interview in December and finished the process in March. The hiring manager told me on my last interview that he was going to hire me. I had not heard from the company in over a month even though I had contacted them multiple times. I finally heard from the recruiter and was told they wanted to hire me for an internship. I found this insulting because I was told many times that I was the perfect candidate for the job from multiple people I interviewed with. I always had to contact the recruiter or the hiring manager myself after an interview. I felt like the whole process was very unorganized and really turned me off from the company.

Interview Question – A lot of behavioral questions. Tell me a time when you were patient? Tell me a time when you were persistent? etc.   Answer Question

Interviewed at ADP

Interview Details Went through four interviews. First, the recruiter interviewed me, then a virtual interview, then a meeting with the VP and a interview with sales associates.

Interview Question – Tell me something that is not here on your resume.   Answer Question

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!