ADP

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details Interview process is pretty intense. Be prepared for several interviews. The recorded interview is awkward. The phone interview is pretty standard. I made it to the first in person interview and was put off by the demeanor of the managers and their interview tactics. The came off as rude. I felt relieved leaving the office after.

Interview Question – What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Interviewed at ADP

Interview Details I was contacted by there internal recruiter that found my resume online. I had one phone interview, one face to face, a ride along, and then had to do a 20 min sales presentation. Overall the process was straight forward and my recruiter was very helpful during the process too.

Interview Question – The most difficult part for me was the 20 minute presentation. The question were all standard interview question in my opinion.   Answer Question

Lynwood Center, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details Recruiter contacted me and I had an in person interview, my recruiter was very informative and helpful. I am still waiting to hear back about the follow up interview and possibility of a hire.

Interview Question – Give me your sales pitch   Answer Question

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in April 2014.

Interview Details It started with the HireVue app in which you record yourself with your smartphone or laptop answering typical questions about your background, skills, why are you a good fit, etc. Then, you have to do a phone interview with the recruiter. If that goes well, you have 2 to 3 more face-to-face interviews including your future manager. After, you have a field-ride to visit a real prospect on a real meeting scenario. This part is critical because you can ask many questions about the company, the role and they sales rep can give you tips about the day-to-day. Finally, you need to do a role-play about a business case and portray how would you position ADP TotalSource to a prospects. This activity, while a little but stressful it's very good because you will get to know what you will be actually selling and decide for yourself if this is a good fit or not. Oh, I forgot the last interview with the Area VP in which you can expect a deep dive on your experience, how to do things, success in the past, things you've learned. While the process seems long, it's well thought for the purpose of giving you and the employer enough elements to make an informed decision.

Interview Question – If we hired you, why would you think you would NOT be successful? Kinda tough questions because basically is a set up for you to tell them why shouldn't they hire you.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Interview Details I first learned about the ADP position at a career fair, I was contacted after passing along my interview and I had a phone interview shortly after. The phone interview was an initial screening and not very difficult. At the end of the phone interview I set up a 1-1 interview a week later. The interview went well, the questions were not difficult and they explained exactly what the position was like and the hiring process. Overall I was pleased with the interview process.

Interview Question – What is the main goal you are trying to achieve with a career?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details The interview process with ADP was very long. I had a first interview in December and finished the process in March. The hiring manager told me on my last interview that he was going to hire me. I had not heard from the company in over a month even though I had contacted them multiple times. I finally heard from the recruiter and was told they wanted to hire me for an internship. I found this insulting because I was told many times that I was the perfect candidate for the job from multiple people I interviewed with. I always had to contact the recruiter or the hiring manager myself after an interview. I felt like the whole process was very unorganized and really turned me off from the company.

Interview Question – A lot of behavioral questions. Tell me a time when you were patient? Tell me a time when you were persistent? etc.   Answer Question

Interviewed at ADP

Interview Details Went through four interviews. First, the recruiter interviewed me, then a virtual interview, then a meeting with the VP and a interview with sales associates.

Interview Question – Tell me something that is not here on your resume.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in November 2013.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a recruiter after submitting a resume and cover letter. We set up a phone interview. The recruiter was engaging, asked solid / typical interview questions, and was an all around pleasant experience. From there, I was set up to have an in person interview with the hiring Manager / VP of the office.

Here is where things began to change. I drove 3 hours for this interview, which was fine. I am looking to relocate so I should expect that. I told the recruiter where I lived and had all my current addresses on the material I sent in (Resume, Cover Letter, etc...). I am told immediately when I meet the manager that it will be a brief interview, so don't be worried. Ok, fine, I understand they have busy jobs. Short, brief, and to the point. Sounds good to me.

However, during the course of the 15 minute interview. I am asked really only three questions 1) Tell me about this on your resume 2) Explain how this relates to ADP and what we do 3) rank these 4 terms ( listening, closing, etc...) in order of importance. I understand this is for a sales position so I ran with it. I interjected as much info as I could, expanded with specific examples from my experience, and sold myself. There is only so much you can do without being asked specific questions.

To say the least, I was very disappointed with the interview. I was not asked any behavioral questions like it stated I would be in the preceding email. In addition, the lack of enthusiasm in the interview for a company that thrives and wants "high energy" was saddening. My phone interview was longer, more in depth, and more engaging. I was expecting nothing less then that from an in person interview.

I sent a follow-up email thanking them for their time and that I looked forward to hearing back from then and so on. A few days later I got a generic response from an office email saying they were going a different direction ( though at this time it didn't really matter as I had decided they weren't a company I wanted to work for anyway). But the lack of professionalism to respond to my direct email to the manager I met with was shocking. Surely, I figured, when you get down to a round of interviews with less then 10 candidates they have the time and decency to respond directly. Unfortunately, I was proven wrong. I still think ADP is a good company overall, but the culture and atmosphere certainly seem to change depending on the office.

Interview Question – Not enough questions   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ADP in September 2013.

Interview Details I applied online through LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter later that day. She set up a phone call with me to talk more about the position. It was more of a phone screening/interview where she asked basic questions about my resume, background and "what motivates me." At the end she recommended I have an interview with the RVP the next week. She sent me an email confirmation with the time and tips for the interview- Don't ignore these because they do take them seriously!
When I arrived at the office there was no front desk- which threw me off! I had to call the rvp's assistant on the phone using a list they had out front. The RVP met me in the lobby to bring me back to his office. He was super friendly and outgoing- easy to talk to but a little overwhelming if you're not expecting that! He asked me more basics- "Tell me about your background," "What motivates you," "Tell me about a time when you had to overcome adversity." At the end, make sure you bring out your written down questions to ask. He literally told me he was looking for them after I had pulled them out. In the end I walked away knowing that I hadn't answered the questions the best way possible.
Though I didn't do it- a contact at the company told me that if I really wanted the job I should be professionally persistent. Call back the next day to tell the RVP I really wanted the job and thought I would do well. Call back the day after that to say the same thing etc. I did not follow his advice soon enough and was emailed a generic "thank you for applying" email.
Overall a really great, respectable company and a great experience with the interview, but you have to really be on your A game and want it!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have to overcome adversity.   Answer Question

Novato, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ADP in July 2013.

Interview Details The process was very quick. I applied online and got an email the next day requesting a time for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about half an hour. The questions themselves were expected questions such as "Tell us about your work history", "Why do you want to work for ADP", etc. I then received an email at the end of the week with brief feedback and that they had chosen to move on with another candidate.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!