AIG Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.7

Risk Engineer Interview

The hiring process included an aptitude test and multiple rounds of interviews, mainly testing quantitative skills, general aptitude, communication skills and personality traits.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prove to be beneficial for the organization   Answer Question

Risk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2012.

The interview process included (same order as below) -
    1. HR & Communication round
    2. Written Test ( Aptitude, brain teaser & Technical)
    3. (1st) Face to Face interview with Hiring Manager (Technical)
    4. (2nd) Skype interview with Head of the Department (Technical)
    5. Reference check by third party

Interview Questions
    • Lot of cross questioning, Psychological test & Technical round   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Master Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AIG in October 2013.

There were 3 rounds
    1-written(aptitude+technical)
    2-face to face interview(technical)
    3-panel interview(hr)

first round basic aptitude and technical questions were asked after that in 2 round technical interview basically dbms oriented and questions on projects were asked. 3 round had 2 panel members which asked general hr questions.

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Applied for position via their career website & received an email to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter about two weeks later. Initial interview with recruiter was very structured (a few behavioral questions and questions about my background/experience), yet casual. Less than a week later I received a call to meet for an interview with the hiring manager. Turns out, my interview was not only with the hiring manager, but also the vice president of the division and someone from marketing. The interview consisted of very few behavioral questions and more probing about my skills, knowledge, and background. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I received a call two days later saying I did not get the lead position I applied for, but was offered a lower level position on the team.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you noticed something wrong that no one else did.   Answer Question
    Salary offered was so high that I didn't bother to negotiate or ask why I didn't get the position I applied for.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interviewing process was comfortable and professional. Be prepared and you'll do a great job. Dress professionally and go in as you would for any other business interview. It seems like a great company to work for based off of the three step interviewing process. There was a phone interview before an in person interview.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AIG in August 2014.

Spoke to the manager for a quick phone interview and was brought on-site shortly afterwards. Was told that the team showed strong interest in moving forward about a week after the on-site, and then about 7 business days later, I was extended an offer.

The on-site was all-day interview with 13 different people, mostly actuaries. They all seemed to be very friendly and easy to get along with so the interview wasn't very difficult, provided that you prepared to know your resume inside and out. Be sure to listen actively as they will ask you what you learned throughout the day regarding the job, and also be sure to have done homework on the industry and products that they sell. Seemed to be a great position with a great team and strong leadership.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the life industry? What is the most pleasant and unpleasant thing you've heard so far?   Answer Question

We were unable to come to an agreement on salary

IT Project Manager Interview

Got promoted. Do not expect a grilling interview. Not big on tools or training or education. Got promoted. Do not expect a grilling interview. Not big on tools or training or education.

Tough

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in February 2013.

Very straightforward. Applied online and got a call from their HR recruiter about a week later. SHe set up a face to face interview for me the following week. I interviewed with three people on the same day, got an offer about a week later. Mostly straightforward/behavioral questions, nothing too challenging or difficult.

None

Senior Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AIG.

Got internal transferred and promoted to this position from local country office to the apac regional office. as this is an internal transfer, I don't have much to speak about the interview process.

Client Services Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AIG in August 2010.

I got to the interview via a recruiter. I contacted the recruiter and was interested in getting into the P&C world of Insurance and could not seem to do that at my employer at the time - Allstate. The recruiter fixed up my resume and sent it over to AIG. AIG called and set up the interview for me. I drove to the interview and saw 2 managers at the same time in a conference room type setting. Both asked me some questions and went over my experience and my resume. They made the offer the next day via a phone call from someone in New York. Very easy experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for me a time when you had a conflict with another employee and had to solve it?   View Answer
    They offered a salary - I asked if there was any wiggle room on the higher side and they said no and that was it.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!