AIG

150 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Risk Engineer Interview

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details The hiring process included an aptitude test and multiple rounds of interviews, mainly testing quantitative skills, general aptitude, communication skills and personality traits.

Interview Question – How would you prove to be beneficial for the organization   Answer Question

Risk Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2012.

Interview Details The interview process included (same order as below) -
1. HR & Communication round
2. Written Test ( Aptitude, brain teaser & Technical)
3. (1st) Face to Face interview with Hiring Manager (Technical)
4. (2nd) Skype interview with Head of the Department (Technical)
5. Reference check by third party

Interview Question – Lot of cross questioning, Psychological test & Technical round   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

MASTER DATA ANALYST Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AIG in October 2013.

Interview Details There were 3 rounds
1-written(aptitude+technical)
2-face to face interview(technical)
3-panel interview(hr)

first round basic aptitude and technical questions were asked after that in 2 round technical interview basically dbms oriented and questions on projects were asked. 3 round had 2 panel members which asked general hr questions.

Interview Question – query on project that was too deep into project.   Answer Question

Analyst - FP&A Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied through 3rd party recruiter - had an initial phone screen with HR that lasted about 15 min to go over typical phone screen questions (why I am leaving my job, what are my computer skills, etc). Invited to have an in-person interview with dept hiring manager few days later. In person interview lasted about 1.5 hours - met with hiring manager, former dept team member, and two other members that gave me a simple excel test. Basically went over my resume, past work experience - nothing difficult or surprising at all. Great interview experience overall.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult whatsoever - the only unexpected part was the excel test, but it was very simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I went through a recruiter that negotiated on my behalf.

Business Analyst Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AIG in October 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted by a talent acquisition manager about 10 days after applying for the position to set a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about a week later, where we discussed mainly my resume for about 20 minutes and we set a in person interview for 10 days after that. I did not hear back from the company for 2-3 weeks after, and the position was cancelled or never filled. I contacted the recruiter about it, and was told they needed someone with more experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details The interview was pretty basic. More like a conversation where the interviewer asked me questions about my internships and courses I had done at college.

Interview Question – How did you over come your biggest fear   Answer Question

Business Analyst PMO Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Interview Details 1. Phone interview. followed by in person interview. So far I only had phone interview.

Interview Question – 1. How many windows are in NYC?   View Answer

Operations and Systems Analyst Interview

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details One round on-campus interview with a super day at the company.

Interview Question – How am I going to deal with the conflict within the team?   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the position in January 2014 and was contacted for an interview in February 2014. I interviewed with the VP of the business unit, the reporting manager, and an associate in the marketing department. The interview was very casual and flowed as if it were regular conversation. It lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were unexpected for a typical interview. I practiced with previous interview questions and questions from job websites. One behavioral question was asked: "Name a time where you were the first to notice an issue and what steps did you take to resolve it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm sure there was room to negotiate, but they made an offer so high above my current salary, I didn't negotiate.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details Typical interview process, asked information about experience in several rounds of interviews...

Interview Question – Very relaxed - there were no difficult questions - interviewers just asked questions based on CV. This process will vary by interviewer but they were not very sophisticated in my case.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – AIG was very slow because everything had to go through NY seems Japan is unable to make offers without NY approval and then, went through a round of counter negotiations to receive higher salary and benefits. I advised negotiating for as much as possible as AIG does not give salary increases for years so get as high a salary as possible upon entering the company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AIG

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AIG interview questions and advice. All 150 interview reviews are posted anonymously by AIG employees and interview candidates.