AIG Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr 2015

2.7

Catastrophe Modeling Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at AIG.

Interview

Rounds:
    1. Two aptitude tests with essay writing( Normal aptitude and English)
    2. Technical Interview( About company, probability questions, maths questions )
    3. HR interview ( About yourself, about company, strengths weaknesses, maths questions)

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

The interview was focused mainly around the work profile. More of a discussion on the current work. A stress was given to problem solving skills, willingness to learn and enthusiasm.

Salary

Risk Engineer Interview

Interview

The hiring process included an aptitude test and multiple rounds of interviews, mainly testing quantitative skills, general aptitude, communication skills and personality traits.

Interview Questions

• How would you prove to be beneficial for the organization   Answer Question

Master Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG (Bangalore) in October 2013.

Interview

There were 3 rounds
    1-written(aptitude+technical)
    2-face to face interview(technical)
    3-panel interview(hr)

first round basic aptitude and technical questions were asked after that in 2 round technical interview basically dbms oriented and questions on projects were asked. 3 round had 2 panel members which asked general hr questions.

Risk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AIG (Bangalore) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process included (same order as below) -
    1. HR & Communication round
    2. Written Test ( Aptitude, brain teaser & Technical)
    3. (1st) Face to Face interview with Hiring Manager (Technical)
    4. (2nd) Skype interview with Head of the Department (Technical)
    5. Reference check by third party

Interview Questions

• Lot of cross questioning, Psychological test & Technical round   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AIG (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Met with HR as well as the Director of the group and 3 Associate Directors within the department. Most questions related to personality/behavioral/fit as well as previous work experience. Technical questions were very limited. Overall process was fairly quick.

Interview Questions

• What previous experiences would be most beneficial in this job?   Answer Question

Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIG (Anaheim, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a message within a week to setup 30min phone call.

Quite basic, asked about my background and provided details about the position. I must add, the interviewer was very unprofessional. Upon our appointed time for the phone interview, she called, I answered and then she hung before I could say anything. I called back every 5 and 10 minutes went to voice-mail. I then sent an apologetic email and requested to re-schedule. Received a response an hour later saying she got a call immediately after mine and was too busy to receive my calls, obvious lie.

With the re-scheduled interview I mentioned in my message that I would call into her office to ensure no disconnection would happen. I called exactly on time, not second later, I received her voicemail. A few minutes later she called back saying again that she was "on another call and was not able to answer my call". Throughout the interview process (asking about background, laying out the details of the role), she sounded annoyed, bitter, and as if she wanted to rush me off the phone and role. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working, advising, and mentoring field agents?   1 Answer

Science Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First had a screening call where I talked to two people for about 30 mins each, one had a case question. I was then called on-site where I met with 5 people for about 45 mins each. Each asked a combination of behavioral and case questions (some with math). Similar to what one might find for management consulting interviews. Each interviewer allowed about 5 mins for questions at the end. Received scheduled call from HR I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions establishing fit and desire to join the team. Conceptual and mathematical case questions to show off critical thinking processes.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

It was a fairly easy process. One phone interview for 30 mins, mainly behavioral questions. Then on-site interview process - 3 one-on-one interviews, all behavioral. Really friendly interviewers. The entire process took less than a month.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this major? Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

The duration is about 1 hours. I applied through school career center. I was interviewed by three employees and it was basic behavioral questions. Most questions are more specific to previous work experiences. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? How much do you know about AIG?   Answer Question