ALDI Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
Updated 20 Oct 2014

2.8

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Process was straight forward. You should not have an issue talking to someone at a career fair because no one every goes to their tables or events. A couple rounds of interviews in office with several Director level personnel and a meeting with the Division VP. Drug and background screen should you be offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for a company that sells something as unsexy as groceries.   View Answer
    Interviewers will try to intimidate you a little by use of facial expression and short answers to your questions. Honestly, I should have put more value on how negative the approach was to interviewing. I would not have accepted if I knew that the interviewers personality mirrored their company philosophy and attitude.

Shift Manager/Cashier Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

I went to a job fair in my town Monday morning dressed in nice clothes and heels, and filled out an application. About 4 hours later I received a phone call from a district manager saying that she wanted to interview me. She asked if I could come in Wednesday morning and I told her I could not because I start work at my current job very early in the morning but asked if we could set something up for a different time of the day, or maybe even another day. She very quickly said she would give me a call right back to let me know and then basically hung up on me. I never revieved a phone call back. I tried calling back myself, and never received an answer or a call back. I think that was VERY unprofessional.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Had an on campus interview after a dinner with the VP the night before, that is a very important night! The interview was only about 10 minutes.

Was asked to a second interview in St. Louis, will go there in a few weeks.

No negotiation

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI.

Interviewed with District Manager at local store. Basic interview questions. Interviewer spent a lot of time describing the duties of the job and providing an overview of the company structure. Fairly straightforward and expected.

District Manager Interview

The interview was pretty standard, what you would normally expect. I got the sense though that they were favoring people with a little more experience. I was interviewing as a sophomore and at the end of the interview, they asked me if I wanted to provide any more detail about myself or why I deserve to get the internship. I talked about for 2 minutes just on this question going over previous work experience in retail and academics/involvement in college.

Interview Questions
    • What's a decision that you have made that later on you thought wasn't the best one? It was worded something like that and it caught me a little off guard. I had to think for a bit on this one.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Pre-interview dinner the night before with the Vice President and other District Managers, then a 30 minute on-campus interview, then a final interview at an Aldi location. They basically just want to see if you are a "leader" and how assertive you are. They really emphasize their high salary which seems off to me.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to walk through your resume and ask simple behavior questions off that. Straight forward questions like "What would you do if you saw an employee steal $5 from the register?" and "How assertive are you on a scale of 1-10?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Took a few weeks to get a call back. when I went in for an interview and it was very brief and simple. There were only two or three questions asked and we spent most the time taking about job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be the hardest thing to do when working for aldi?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Had a 1:1 interview on campus. The interview was pretty negative. It focused on things I did wrong, instead of excelled in. She said it takes 2 weeks to hear back about second rounds which take place in Greenwood. Find out about an offer before Thanksgiving break.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview was "why Aldi" based instead of behavioral questions   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college which directed me to apply on their website. They called me for an interview very quickly. The first interview was with their VP of district managers. Well, he is the reason for my review. He asked simple questions, but his demeanor was not very flattering. He constantly said "right, uh huh" and it was a little overbearing. He also talked mainly about the salary, and how much employees at Aldi make (which is not why I applied). Then, after I answered all of his questions, he started asking personal questions about my family and what my parents do as a living. It was a little awkward and he came off as rude. Maybe he was having a bad day, but he doesn't seem like the best person to work with.

Interview Questions

I couldn't see myself working at this company especially after talking to this man. What a let down.

Aldi District Manager Interview

The process consists of three interviews. The first is a quick 30 minute interview with one person, more of like a screening. The next one consists of a 4-6 hour interview process that involves interviews with two other district managers, a Director of Operations and the Vice President of the area. In addition, as people take turns getting interviewed you are given two essay questions to write about. Finally, after this has been completed, you go to lunch with the team, come back and take a quick aptitude test(about 20 minutes long). Unfortunately, I did not pass to get into the interview, but the experience was great and everyone was very nice and welcoming!

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you have someone on your team who refuses to do a job such as cleaning the bathroom?   Answer Question