ALDI

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.8

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI.

For the DM position I interviewed with 7 different people including the VP, 5 directors and 1 current DM. Aldi takes great care in only hiring the best of the best, so it is quite a rigorous process. After interviews are complete there was a personality and IQ type test. After selected, final offer was contingent on passing background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation (and no need for it) DMs are on a scale that well exceedes any pay in the market. When I started 2-3 years ago, the pay was $70,000 and now starting pay is $80,000, with climbing the scale I am now at $95,000. Aldi takes care of its people, no need to negotiate as if the employer is your opponent.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Submitted my resume through my university's career website. Got called for an information session a week after. Did a face-to-face interview with one of the Directors. He mainly assessed whether I had the gut to do the things that are listed in the job description- like cleaning toilets.

Interview Questions
    • How did you pay for your college tuition? Describe your leadership style. How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN (US)

I submitted my resume at an on campus career fair at a college. I then was invited to and attended an information session and then had a first round interview at the college campus (about 2 weeks after the fair). The second round interview included group and individual interviews at the divisional office about 3 weeks later. A final round interview with the divisional vice president, a director of operations, and several district managers was conducted 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • While reviewing video at a store you observe one of your best employees who has been with the company for over 10 years eating a bag of chips that she did not and does not pay for. Company policy says the punishment for stealing is termination, however you are short staffed with the Holiday season coming up and the employee has not prior policy violations. What do you do?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Aldi is upfront about their salary for all entry level hires. However, their offer is significantly higher than the industry average.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

There was a dinner for all of the next day's interviewees. I did two separate interviews (two separate days), 30 minutes each. One was with another District Manager and the second was with an Operations Director. The reason I had two of the shorter interviews is because they shifted me from one district to a different district, based on my long-term location preferences.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you were district manager over a store that is located in a town that is highly adverse to diversity. You have a diverse store manager from out of town that none of the local store employees will listen to or respect, so the store is completely falling apart, none of your goals are being met, sales are down, the store is a mess etc. What do you do?

Say you are driving to a store to do interviews of potential new employees when you get a call from a store manager at a store in the opposite direction to tell you that there has just been a huge fist fight, the store employees are gone and he is there by himself. There is no one to cover the interviews you are supposed to be doing at one store, but you have a store manager in a crisis at another store. What do you do?

Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

2 interviews. I was offered a position at the end of second interview. The whole process took about 3 weeks. The first interview was basically me explaining my while job history. Second interview was pretty typical "tell me about a time..." Questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a coworker took something without paying for it?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

From school website. They have a pre-dinner to introduce what the job do and related question. after that we had a 1vs 1 interview. they just let me go over my resume. nothing special.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Went to info session at my university and was then invited to a pre-night dinner and an on campus interview. They gave us all the background on the company and tried to be super impressive. Went to 1st rud of interviews. It was straightforward behavioral based questions. Then got an invite a week later for second round interviews. Had to take a day off classes and went to Oak Creek WI for an all day interview. Had 5 mini behavior interviews with VPs and then had a tour of the warehouse and of a store. Met two other district managers and then had lunch. Afterwards had to write an essay. Pretty straight forward

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to support someone or failed to support someone?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALDI.

Aldi came to my college's career fair and got in contact with me after viewing my résumé. They sent me an e-mail through my college's career center, and set up an interview.

I made it past the first interview, and have to go to a day-long assessment at Aldi. The assessment is going to be from 9-330, and they have different activities so they can spot out who the real leaders are.

Interview Questions
    • If you could start college over again what would you change?
      Define leadership.
      What makes you more qualified than the others?
      Tell me about a time you made a decision you later regretted.

View Answer

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

First round on campus, second on location. Process was easy and all the interviews were behavioral. I enjoyed my day on campus at Aldi and was offered position. Great company

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

First Interview was walking through your resume. They asked a few behavioral questions also. This was the day after the dinner where they go over basically all the details of the District Manager position.