ALDI

Updated 17 Nov 2014
Updated 17 Nov 2014

2.8

District Manager Interview

The interview was pretty standard, what you would normally expect. I got the sense though that they were favoring people with a little more experience. I was interviewing as a sophomore and at the end of the interview, they asked me if I wanted to provide any more detail about myself or why I deserve to get the internship. I talked about for 2 minutes just on this question going over previous work experience in retail and academics/involvement in college.

Interview Questions
    • What's a decision that you have made that later on you thought wasn't the best one? It was worded something like that and it caught me a little off guard. I had to think for a bit on this one.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Took a few weeks to get a call back. when I went in for an interview and it was very brief and simple. There were only two or three questions asked and we spent most the time taking about job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be the hardest thing to do when working for aldi?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

I had a interview on 10/23/2014 at 6pm at the Hampton Inn in sterlights, MI. It went good I am expecting to find out at 5pm tonight by phone. I showed up 20 minutes early they asked for 15 but I like to be presentable and early. They asked about my experience and they seem happy about my customer service experience and willing to make the customers shopping experience a great one.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about a unsual moment at work it was a little difficult to answer but I handled it well.   View Answer

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Pre-interview dinner the night before with the Vice President and other District Managers, then a 30 minute on-campus interview, then a final interview at an Aldi location. They basically just want to see if you are a "leader" and how assertive you are. They really emphasize their high salary which seems off to me.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to walk through your resume and ask simple behavior questions off that. Straight forward questions like "What would you do if you saw an employee steal $5 from the register?" and "How assertive are you on a scale of 1-10?"   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

I applied through my university career resources, the application was pretty straightforward. Aldi personnel hosted an informational dinner the night before the interviews for qualified candidates which was very informative and high quality presentation. The actual interview was a half hour long and covered questions about your leadership style, leadership experiences, desire to work at Aldi and ability to learn from failure. The demeanor of the interviewer seemed to be highly critical and imposing, which was a sentiment I heard from several other interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you experienced failure in any aspect of your life, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Submitted résumé at my university's career fair. Received a follow up email weeks later when they were back on campus inviting me to interview. I accepted the invitation and was told about a mandatory interest meeting being held close to campus the night before the scheduled interview. Had a sit down interview with 2 executives from the company the following day. Mostly behavioral based questions and going through résumé. The company has an intense feel and the first interview was easier and more conversational than expected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a wrong decision and how you handled and bounced back from the decision. Also strengths/weaknesses.   View Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI (US)

Informative group dinner for 2 1/2 hours and short formal interview. Very transparent. In the formal interview, they will ask silly questions which have nothing to do with being a District Manager. They also don't value direct experience.Very high pay, but I doubt senior managers have an idea what they are looking for.

District Manager Trainee/Or Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

I applied online through my university. I was invited to a mandatory information session on 10/28. The next day interviewed on campus. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I received the rejection email on 11/4.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you made a mistake on the job and how did you correct it.
      Why would you be a good fit for Aldi?
      Describe past leadership roles.
        Answer Question

Corporate Buyer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

I got an interview through an employment agency. There is a three step interview process. My first interview was with the corporate buyer. The interview lasted about 45 minutes to an hour. She asked some questions about my experience but mostly asked behavioral questions, such as had I dealt with situations with coworkers that I didn't get along with. I didn't get a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with people that you may not get along with?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What are some things that you want to work on?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked somewhere where there was a policy that you didn't agree with? How did you deal with that?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Had a 1:1 interview on campus. The interview was pretty negative. It focused on things I did wrong, instead of excelled in. She said it takes 2 weeks to hear back about second rounds which take place in Greenwood. Find out about an offer before Thanksgiving break.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview was "why Aldi" based instead of behavioral questions   Answer Question