ALDI

Updated 25 Jan 2015
Updated 25 Jan 2015

2.8

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

From school website. They have a pre-dinner to introduce what the job do and related question. after that we had a 1vs 1 interview. they just let me go over my resume. nothing special.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALDI.

Aldi came to my college's career fair and got in contact with me after viewing my résumé. They sent me an e-mail through my college's career center, and set up an interview.

I made it past the first interview, and have to go to a day-long assessment at Aldi. The assessment is going to be from 9-330, and they have different activities so they can spot out who the real leaders are.

Interview Questions
    • If you could start college over again what would you change?
      Define leadership.
      What makes you more qualified than the others?
      Tell me about a time you made a decision you later regretted.

View Answer

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Went to info session at my university and was then invited to a pre-night dinner and an on campus interview. They gave us all the background on the company and tried to be super impressive. Went to 1st rud of interviews. It was straightforward behavioral based questions. Then got an invite a week later for second round interviews. Had to take a day off classes and went to Oak Creek WI for an all day interview. Had 5 mini behavior interviews with VPs and then had a tour of the warehouse and of a store. Met two other district managers and then had lunch. Afterwards had to write an essay. Pretty straight forward

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to support someone or failed to support someone?   Answer Question

Shift Manager/Cashier Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

I went to a job fair in my town Monday morning dressed in nice clothes and heels, and filled out an application. About 4 hours later I received a phone call from a district manager saying that she wanted to interview me. She asked if I could come in Wednesday morning and I told her I could not because I start work at my current job very early in the morning but asked if we could set something up for a different time of the day, or maybe even another day. She very quickly said she would give me a call right back to let me know and then basically hung up on me. I never revieved a phone call back. I tried calling back myself, and never received an answer or a call back. I think that was VERY unprofessional.

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

First Interview was walking through your resume. They asked a few behavioral questions also. This was the day after the dinner where they go over basically all the details of the District Manager position.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

First round on campus, second on location. Process was easy and all the interviews were behavioral. I enjoyed my day on campus at Aldi and was offered position. Great company

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Palm Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALDI in November 2014.

Asked questions from my resume, concentrating on my last position. Asked if I was familiar with their stores. I did research the company and visited one of their stores before the interview.

District Manager Interview

Process was straight forward. You should not have an issue talking to someone at a career fair because no one every goes to their tables or events. A couple rounds of interviews in office with several Director level personnel and a meeting with the Division VP. Drug and background screen should you be offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for a company that sells something as unsexy as groceries.   View Answer
    Interviewers will try to intimidate you a little by use of facial expression and short answers to your questions. Honestly, I should have put more value on how negative the approach was to interviewing. I would not have accepted if I knew that the interviewers personality mirrored their company philosophy and attitude.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Had an on campus interview after a dinner with the VP the night before, that is a very important night! The interview was only about 10 minutes.

Was asked to a second interview in St. Louis, will go there in a few weeks.

No negotiation

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI.

Interviewed with District Manager at local store. Basic interview questions. Interviewer spent a lot of time describing the duties of the job and providing an overview of the company structure. Fairly straightforward and expected.