ALDI Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

2.8

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I've always wanted to work for Aldi but I could never make it to the Hiring Event. So finally i just took my application I printed offline to my local Aldi, just two days after the Hiring Event I missed. A week goes by and I forgot all about it and I'm asked to come in for an interview the following week. On the day of, I was sure to arrive 10 minutes early where the District Manager came to greet me into the office. Immediately i got comfortable as he asked me to tell him about myself like my intrests abd hobbies. He went on further asking about my previous jobs. I verified basic things address phone numbers. The interview lasted 10 minutes or less and he said he would see if he could set me up a second interview with the Store Manager. Same day i had a second interview with the store manager . He liked me snd made the call. When i left there an hour later I was offered the job. I accepted gladly. Following friday i took my drug test and now im awaiting Orientation! !!!!

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to Aldi?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when a customer was upset, how did you solve the problem and what steps did you take to solve it?   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I was invited for a group interview. there were 6 of us at that time and we were asked to interview the person next to you then later on present him/her to the group. i think it saved the manager a whole lot of time. questions were very common (e.g. why do u want to work for aldi etc.). after each presentation, the manager would also asked about your availability and location preference. then there was a quick tour around the store and finally a math test (very basic). the successful applicants would be contacted by email/phone for a one on one interview with the area manager and store manager.

Deputy Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I applied for the Deputy Store Manager role on line and within in a week I received a phone call asking if I can attend a group interview. In the group interview there was 9 off us and we got asked to know everything about the person next to you in two minutes which was easy and then we did the survival exercise on how you would survive on certain items etc. Near the end we did a flexibility form and maths test, Very basic! e.g. £100 change from £41.35. After I received another phone call for 1-1 interview and this only consisted of asking me about my lifestyle and why I want to work for ALDI, They couldn't offer me the DSM role because the role has been filled internally, and instead offered me a 25hr store assistant contract with no possible overtime due the efficiency they run by. I said I would consider it and then got offered a work trial and again very easy it's just a tour of the store and how they work. in the end I declined. the store assistant role which has no overtime just 25hrs flat. I think it's a good company to work for if your willing to work really hard and graft for the good pay.

No overtime for DSM.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

Campus recruiters at Career Fair, went to an informational dinner, then interviewed with VP. The process was very professional and they were very transparent about what it takes to work there and what life will be like should you accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. Lots of inquiry into leadership roles.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I got an email inviting me to a dinner that night before the interview to tell us what the company is all about and at the end we had a chance to talk to the representatives of aldi.

Interview Questions
    • What do your friends think about you?
      What are your hobbies?
      How did you handle a confrontational situation with a fellow colleague?
      have you had any leadership positions in the past? what did that entail?
      Tell me about yourself
      tell me about your strengths and weaknesses
      why did you choose Aldi?
      What is the best and work decision you ever made?
        Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I applied through my college career website and was selected for an interview. Prior to attending the interview I attended an dinner info session where employees from ALDI thoroughly informed me about the position. I had my interview the next day which was a typical interview where the interview asked mostly questions about me and what my plans where for the future. The interview didn't last very long and the questions asked where very straight forward and typical. After the interview I was told that i would be contacted within a few days and the next day I received an email informing me that I had been selected to move on to the next step of the process which is an onsite interview at a district location.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you instead of any of the other candidates for the position   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college recruitment website, I was brought in to meet the VP of my Division. I was confirmed and move on too a second interview at the Center Valley Head Main Office. I was interviewed with three other interns and given a math and literacy test. We toured the Warehouse and other various locations, very smooth process. Highly professional.

Interview Questions
    • Just know about Aldi, know there history, sustainability efforts/customer savings efforts.   Answer Question
    Everything is available on the website. Pay etc is all clear and highly competitive

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

Process took a month and that was for two parts of the four part interview process. They seem to string a candidate along. This company probably loses countless prospects because they drag their feet. If you have limited retail experience you will not be considered. A giant waste of your time because they seem unwilling to train and really believe that managing an ALDI location is difficult.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

He talked sooooooo fast asking questions that you felt like you had to respond back talking fast as well or he just wasn't interested. It was weird. To me it felt like he was intimidated by me and felt threatened that I potentially wanted to take his job. Just felt like a very odd interview to me. Was not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • He just asked to explain the very first job to your current job and asked questions in between.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI.

Lengthy process but company is upfront and honest about the entire thing. Went to 4 separate interviews. The store manager the district manager the director of operations and then back to the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • If I were on a magazine cover what magazine would it be and what would be the headline   View Answer
    Not negotiable.