ARAMARK Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.5

Banquet Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ARAMARK.

I applied it thru my college, and it took me one day to get their reply. There was nothing special about the interview. There were two interviewers. Most of the questions they asked were about my previous jobs, strengths,weaknesses, scenario questions etc. BUT they did answer some weird questions or questions that are not very related to the job like "Tell me 5 things that you can use with this pen except using it to write". Quite difficult interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me 5 things that you can use with this pen except using it to write   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kanata, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARAMARK in August 2011.

The interview was very informal and asked if can work in a fast pace environment as at NHL games there could be big line ups and guests who are not happy to be in line for long periods of time.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest started to yell at you?   View Answer
    Offered the guest a free product to calm the situation done

Sales Interview

There was no big interview per se. It was pretty easy and un complicated. There was only one person interviewing and it did not take very long. It was over in 10 minutes.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK in May 2011.

You will have a phone interview with a company recruiter. You will be asked about what you know about Aramark. Why you want to work for Aramark. What you like about your current role.

Interview Questions
    I was ok with the offer.

Food Prep, Cook, Server, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK in October 2011.

I applied for the job through a website (snagajob) and was promptly called 2 days later. I was asked to come in for an interview within a week. I met, and interviewed with, the executive chef. After the interview I was told by the executive chef that I was hired on the spot and would start within a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that were really difficult or unexpected. All the questions were straightforward and the process was fast. I was asked why I wanted to work there, what I expected to accomplish in my time there and how I would react to different situations.   Answer Question

Lead Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ARAMARK in February 2010.

The overall interview was of great conception but what you thought would be a great place to work is so much more different than what you were told. During the course of the interview and the walk around the place where currently employed was more than it was cracked up to be. What i assumed would be a great place to work is now a place where I hate to be but have to survive so deal with all the issues and most of all foolishness from the management team. They have what we call their picks and chooses on the people working certain days, hours, and the times instead of using the most qualified person for the job. I think what I was told or shown on the interview is nothing like the workplace that I am working in.

Interview Questions
    • It was more of what I assumed to be a behavior test with some of the most challenging questions on how to handle or how would you handle certain situations. Trying to answer to the best of your ability and being able to handle some of the situations was difficult but a part of everyday living.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable. Accepted what was offered and tried to make the best out of it. I think with the years of experience one have the pay should be based on that.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garland, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ARAMARK in February 2010.

The interview process was pretty basic. you get a phone call and sit for the interview. It was a 2 on 1 interview and they asked really basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • there was not a difficult question during the interview   Answer Question

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Palm Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in October 2012.

It is difficult to get interviewed for management opportunities without already worked for the company previously. Networking is vital to get the nterview. Most of the time, the job is posted very discretely so only those who know about the opportunity will apply, eliminating multiple interviews for management. Minimal re-evaluation after hired.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was difficult. Most managers start off at a base rate

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mansfield, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK in June 2014.

Most unusual interview I ever experienced. Repeatedly discouraged from accepting position during interview. For good reason. Wish I had taken interviewer's advice. Unfortunately, I didn't. After about a week, a co-worker told me to run. I took hers. However, I can't say I wasn't sufficiently warned ahead of time. Live and learn.

Interview Questions
    • Really can't remember any challenging questions. Obviously low expectations.   View Answer
    Cut and dry-no negotiations. Take it or leave it. Waited a long time to take drug test due to a lack of paperwork. Company seemed very disorganized, at least at this location.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

3 interviews. Excellent treatment.tour of facilities. Answered my questions. Caring and made me feel like I belonged. Understood my history and gave me a chance. A great experience and I highly recommend it to everyone

The offer was in range

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!