AXA Advisors

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisotr Interview

Bala Cynwyd, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2012.

Interview Details We met at a job fair and they invited five of us in for a career seminar. We all had master's degrees so this gave me a shred of hope. After being called back for a second interview, I was eventually informed by the president of the $650 - 800 out-of-pocket cost to obtain proper licensure. He then went on to tell me that I would have to work from 8am through 8pm on a regular basis, come in on weekends, and sometimes go 4-5 weeks without a paycheck because "those are the peaks and valleys associated with this type of business". He snuck in their that I might wind up selling insurance as well because they offer a variety of products. I don't see how financial advisors and insurance salesmen can be on eand the same, but whatever! Additionally, he was writing on my resume the entire time and not making eye contact or showing any of the usual professional and social vital signs. The building was nice and the staff was friendly, but this job was a sham. After licensure, they expect you to draw clients from your "natural market". For those of you who may not know, that is your personal network of family, friends, and connections that YOU have established. Before leaving they gave me this bogus skills test that I took and then asked me to write down my social security number. That's when I decided to leave. I did get offered the third interview and called to confirm, but will not show up. They are not the only ones who can waste other people's time.

Interview Question – What do you think our hardest job is?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The job was a sham. The interviewers were dishonest. The company did not have clear goals.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA Advisors

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors Financial Advisotr interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees and interview candidates.