AXA Advisors

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AXA Advisors in December 2010.

Interview Details Met Manager at a career fair at my university. Had first two interviews with him. First was an introductory interview, the second was heavy on product descriptions. The third was with the branch president and seemed like a bit of a rubber stamp interview. There really isn't a lot of probing in these interviews. They mainly want to see if you have the charisma to sit down in front of clients and lead them in a discussion of their finances.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an Advisor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They had a set salary for all people starting in my particular business group. It was take it or leave it.

Financial Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Got a call the day after I submitted a resume through my university portal. The woman on the phone was very pleasant, and scheduled an interview for me. I showed up on the day of the interview about 15 minutes early - waited for about an hour. The interviewing manager never showed up, and the secretary didn't know where he was. I thought about reaching out to them afterwards to reschedule, but then I thought to myself, "do I even want to interview for a company like this" ? Needless to say, I never heard a thing from them since. High unprofessional conduct.

Interview Question – Can't say, my hiring manager never made it to the appointment.   Answer Question

Akron, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2013.

Interview Details Not very long compared to others in the industry. As a side note the shorter the process the more new hires they go through.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short, standard offering

Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2010.

Interview Details I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Question – Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details They initiated. Telephone interview followed by two in-person interviews.

Interview Question – None really unexpected. Standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2010.

Interview Details They pretend like it's a normal hiring process but really they can't wait to hire you.

Interview Question – Say whatever you want. They'll hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They try hard to get you to take it.

Columbia, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2013.

Interview Details Four interview process:
1st interview was essentially a joke, they hardly asked me any questions about myself, mainly tried to "sell" me on the position. I may be wrong, but I thought you were supposed to sell yourself in an interview?
They then performed a background check and called me for a 2nd interview about 3 weeks later. I declined.
Interviewers seemed to be very well versed in the goals of their company, as I said, they tried to sell me on them.
Overall environment was very friendly.

Interview Question – All pretty straight-forward. They asked why I was interested in the financial services field.   Answer Question

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details They had a very quick hiring process. The interview was very brief and they asked many of the basic questions that you would expect to hear in an interview for this job. The man interviewing me was very respectful and he was also helpful in explaining what was needed for this position.

Interview Question – Are you financially prepared to go six months without a paycheck?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Interview Details Was given a basic phone interview which consisted of an introduction of the company and what the position entails. When they asked me to come in for a 1-1 interview, I expected to be pitched about the position, which was actually a sales type job. But during the interview, the interviewer was up-front and didn't make any promises. He said it was a sales job that did require a lot of hard work (cold calling) and effort.

Interview Question – Mostly discussion about the position.   View Answer

Edison, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

Interview Details Be yourself and makes sure you show that you are serious about this career because it can be your best friend or worse enemy

Interview Questions

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!