AXA Advisors Financial Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jul 2014

2.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Got a call the day after I submitted a resume through my university portal. The woman on the phone was very pleasant, and scheduled an interview for me. I showed up on the day of the interview about 15 minutes early - waited for about an hour. The interviewing manager never showed up, and the secretary didn't know where he was. I thought about reaching out to them afterwards to reschedule, but then I thought to myself, "do I even want to interview for a company like this" ? Needless to say, I never heard a thing from them since. High unprofessional conduct.

Interview Questions
  • Can't say, my hiring manager never made it to the appointment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Consultant Interview

They initiated. Telephone interview followed by two in-person interviews.

No Negotiation

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2013.

Not very long compared to others in the industry. As a side note the shorter the process the more new hires they go through.

Short, standard offering

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2013.

Four interview process:
    1st interview was essentially a joke, they hardly asked me any questions about myself, mainly tried to "sell" me on the position. I may be wrong, but I thought you were supposed to sell yourself in an interview?
    They then performed a background check and called me for a 2nd interview about 3 weeks later. I declined.
    Interviewers seemed to be very well versed in the goals of their company, as I said, they tried to sell me on them.
    Overall environment was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straight-forward. They asked why I was interested in the financial services field.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

They had a very quick hiring process. The interview was very brief and they asked many of the basic questions that you would expect to hear in an interview for this job. The man interviewing me was very respectful and he was also helpful in explaining what was needed for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you financially prepared to go six months without a paycheck?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Was given a basic phone interview which consisted of an introduction of the company and what the position entails. When they asked me to come in for a 1-1 interview, I expected to be pitched about the position, which was actually a sales type job. But during the interview, the interviewer was up-front and didn't make any promises. He said it was a sales job that did require a lot of hard work (cold calling) and effort.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2011.

Interview was setup on the spot, so it didn't seem too hard to get. Very pushy about coming up for an office and all commission based.

Interview Questions
    • What could you bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • Do you have friends and family in one of our locations? (Due to cold calls that have to be made)   Answer Question

Didn't feel like it was a competitive position and recruiters were rude with follow-up email.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2011.

I was rather surprised with how easy the interview process seemed to be for the job that they were advertising. I received a phone call from my resume being posted to a career site and answered a few questions about how I work and what I want out of a position. For round 2, I came in for a brief 1-on-1 with the general manager who wanted to just feel me out. Wasn't an intense process. More of a casual meet and greet. Then for round 3 I came in for an 1 1/2 hour presentation of who their company is and how they function. Included in that session was a 1-on-1 with a Sales manager who asked me about my work and educational history and why I wanted this job. I came back for a 4th session for which they had me prepare a short "what are you top priorities in a job" survey and build a list of potential clients to give me an idea of what a consultant would do. At that point, I knew I didn't want the job and made it clear to them. I didn't feel comfortable with their payment structure (small base + commission which evolves to only commission after 3 years.) As such, we mutually agreed that this wasn't the job for me. They were very cordial, honest, pleasant and forthright with everything and appreciated that I was also.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be in the Financial Industry. What appealed to you?   View Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors in December 2010.

Met Manager at a career fair at my university. Had first two interviews with him. First was an introductory interview, the second was heavy on product descriptions. The third was with the branch president and seemed like a bit of a rubber stamp interview. There really isn't a lot of probing in these interviews. They mainly want to see if you have the charisma to sit down in front of clients and lead them in a discussion of their finances.

Interview Questions
    They had a set salary for all people starting in my particular business group. It was take it or leave it.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2010.

They pretend like it's a normal hiring process but really they can't wait to hire you.

Interview Questions
    • Say whatever you want. They'll hire you.   View Answer
    They try hard to get you to take it.