AXA Advisors

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Akron, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2013.

Interview Details Not very long compared to others in the industry. As a side note the shorter the process the more new hires they go through.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short, standard offering

Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2010.

Interview Details I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Question – Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details They initiated. Telephone interview followed by two in-person interviews.

Interview Question – None really unexpected. Standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2010.

Interview Details They pretend like it's a normal hiring process but really they can't wait to hire you.

Interview Question – Say whatever you want. They'll hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They try hard to get you to take it.

Columbia, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2013.

Interview Details Four interview process:
1st interview was essentially a joke, they hardly asked me any questions about myself, mainly tried to "sell" me on the position. I may be wrong, but I thought you were supposed to sell yourself in an interview?
They then performed a background check and called me for a 2nd interview about 3 weeks later. I declined.
Interviewers seemed to be very well versed in the goals of their company, as I said, they tried to sell me on them.
Overall environment was very friendly.

Interview Question – All pretty straight-forward. They asked why I was interested in the financial services field.   Answer Question

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details They had a very quick hiring process. The interview was very brief and they asked many of the basic questions that you would expect to hear in an interview for this job. The man interviewing me was very respectful and he was also helpful in explaining what was needed for this position.

Interview Question – Are you financially prepared to go six months without a paycheck?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Interview Details Was given a basic phone interview which consisted of an introduction of the company and what the position entails. When they asked me to come in for a 1-1 interview, I expected to be pitched about the position, which was actually a sales type job. But during the interview, the interviewer was up-front and didn't make any promises. He said it was a sales job that did require a lot of hard work (cold calling) and effort.

Interview Question – Mostly discussion about the position.   View Answer

Edison, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

Interview Details Be yourself and makes sure you show that you are serious about this career because it can be your best friend or worse enemy

Interview Questions

Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2011.

Interview Details I was rather surprised with how easy the interview process seemed to be for the job that they were advertising. I received a phone call from my resume being posted to a career site and answered a few questions about how I work and what I want out of a position. For round 2, I came in for a brief 1-on-1 with the general manager who wanted to just feel me out. Wasn't an intense process. More of a casual meet and greet. Then for round 3 I came in for an 1 1/2 hour presentation of who their company is and how they function. Included in that session was a 1-on-1 with a Sales manager who asked me about my work and educational history and why I wanted this job. I came back for a 4th session for which they had me prepare a short "what are you top priorities in a job" survey and build a list of potential clients to give me an idea of what a consultant would do. At that point, I knew I didn't want the job and made it clear to them. I didn't feel comfortable with their payment structure (small base + commission which evolves to only commission after 3 years.) As such, we mutually agreed that this wasn't the job for me. They were very cordial, honest, pleasant and forthright with everything and appreciated that I was also.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in the Financial Industry. What appealed to you?   View Answer

Houston, TX (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2011.

Interview Details Interview was setup on the spot, so it didn't seem too hard to get. Very pushy about coming up for an office and all commission based.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the company?   Answer Question
  • Do you have friends and family in one of our locations? (Due to cold calls that have to be made)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't feel like it was a competitive position and recruiters were rude with follow-up email.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA Advisors

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors Financial Consultant interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees and interview candidates.