Abbott Labs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details Was good but not very technical

Interview Question – Experience in their tool required   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was low for Mumbai Standards

Therapy Business Manager Interview

Delhi

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2011.

Interview Details firstly written exam then 3 round of interview then finally HR interview round

Negotiation Details – no negotitation

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in November 2010.

Interview Details Interview and hiring process was very quick and comfortable. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable during the interview and the result was also declared in a few hours without wasting much of a time.

Interview Question – What do you think are the most important aspects of employee engagement?   Answer Question

Science Intern Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2011.

Interview Details Just one phone interview; the hiring manager called me, asking me to briefly introduce my research projects (I'm a PhD student), and we discussed a little on the projects I just described. Then I asked about the details of the intern position, like what exactly I'm supposed to do, the stating date, payment, etc.

Interview Question – He didn't ask me any unexpected/hard question, but I was surprised that he can raise some good point in my own research project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The salary for interns are pretty standard.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Waukegan, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details I had an in with the manager so I already came in highly recommended. Spoke to a project manager on campus, wasn't very formal. We just went through my resume and talked about job fit and expectations. The work itself was not too hard so not a lot of technical questions were asked.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in December 2011.

Interview Details Two full day interviews with multiple people including senior management. First interview was with direct manager as well as other managers that I would be working with closely. When called back for second interview it was more relaxed for part of the day, lunch with co-workers to-be second half of day interview with high level management (directors).

Entire interview process was planned out well, was given an itinerary with names and titles which helped.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions, very thorough and professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made a very reasonable offer and I accepted. I was offered exactly what I was seeking.

Diagnostic Tevhnologist Interview

Longford, Longford (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in January 2010.

Interview Details Interview twice, hired after

Interview Question – None all basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Walk in the park if you try.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Guatemala City (Guatemala)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2011.

Interview Details Very long, lots of interviews, no much feedback on position expectations were given. They take their time and make you wait a lot to hear from them again.

Interview Question – Why do you think your personality matches with Abbott internal culture?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long

Manager Interview

Manager
Abbott Park, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in August 2012.

Interview Details Phone screen. In-person interview.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for Abbott.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Poor company business forecast.

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Carlsbad, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2012.

Interview Details Initial HR phone screening interview with standard experience questions: you'll go through your resume and ensure you meet the minimum qualifications per the job description. If you do not fit the job description to a tee, you will not pass this step--i.e. if it requires a PhD and you have a MS + 20 years of research experience you still will not pass.

Interview day: depending on your anticipated role, you may or may not be asked to give a research talk (45 min. presentation, 15 min Q&A). You will be notified of this well in advance.

You will meet with 4-5 individual interviewers during the day. No group interviews will be held (from what I know). The panel selected will certainly include your direct supervisor, most likely his/her superior, and one or two members of varying rank in the research group. Everyone will ask questions about your research experience. Some may be more technical than others. Some will stick mostly to culture questions/ask you things to get a better feel for your personality. Just be yourself! The interviews were very relaxed and the people here are extremely friendly. Everyone seems to want to know you as a person first--your skills and experience they can tell more readily through your education, work experience and job references, and seem to be less of a concern on interview day.

Good luck! Abbott is a great company!!

Interview Question – Not that it was "difficult" per se, but as I was interviewing for a temporary position, I did not anticipate being asked about my "5 year plan" for my future. I felt I stumbled here, but was honest in that I did not look that far ahead due to the nature of the position, and said that my hope was that the contract would be converted into a full-time hire.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abbott Labs

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abbott Labs interview questions and advice. All 134 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Abbott Labs employees and interview candidates.