Abbott Labs Interview Questions & Reviews

144 interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Was good but not very technical

Salary was low for Mumbai Standards

Therapy Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2011.

firstly written exam then 3 round of interview then finally HR interview round

no negotitation

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in November 2010.

Interview and hiring process was very quick and comfortable. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable during the interview and the result was also declared in a few hours without wasting much of a time.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think are the most important aspects of employee engagement?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

This has all changed you can no longer be hired if you live in the US. Both Abbott and Abbvi are not hiring. They are contracting all IT work. Applying to these companies is a waste of time.

Senior Scientist Interview

Phone followed by one day onsite, mostly standard stuff. Hiring manager went into great extend to make me understand the roles and responsibility. Also the younger staff was forth coming with work environment,

No negotiation

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2014.

Very thorough and straightforward. This was a very professional environment and all of the people I encountered were pleasant and helpful. I enjoyed my interactions with them and would have loved being a member of their team.

Interview Questions
    • None, all were conducive to the posted position and the experience they were seeking to fulfill the requirements.   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2010.

I came through a temp service so I had to interview with the temp service and then my would be manager. It was fairly easy but I do think I interview well due to my personality.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. The Hewitt Associates interview was much worse.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Abbott Labs in November 2010.

I had one interview. The interviewer flew up from Los Angeles. I assumed he only stayed one day since I never saw him again. The interview was fairly easy, but it seemed like he didn't know much about technical writing or CAPAs.

I didn't negotiate.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abbott Park, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2014.

The entire process took about 10 weeks from applying to offer. I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Questions were basic- why work for Abbott, am I willing to relocate etc. About a week later I received an email scheduling me for an in person interview. This interview consisted of two panel interviews 30 minutes each with directors and program managers. About a week later I got a call saying that I made it to the next round of interviews. The 2nd in person interview was about half a day. I had 4-5 interviews with upper level scientists about 30 mins each followed by a 1 hr seminar about my previous research. I received a call about 3 weeks later informing me that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I had a lot of questions about conflict resolution. How do you respond if someone gets angry and yells at you?   Answer Question
    I did negotiate. It was pretty straight forward. The initial base salary offered was slightly lower but I got them to come up to the salary it wanted.

CAPA QA Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

I have interviewed with the Abbott Nutritional plant in Alta Vista, VA twice. The first for a job that I had no experience with (production management), and the second for a CAPA QA position which I have a LOT of experience with. The first time I rotated around to several different people. The second time I was in one room with 4 different people. Both times the questions were from Targeted Selection.

Interview Questions
    • I find all Targeted Selection questions hard because you have to give examples and there is a certain pattern to your answers that they are looking for. I find the question "give me an example of how you have been innovative" to be a hard one because what is considered innovative at one company may be common place at another company.   Answer Question

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!