Abbott Labs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details Was good but not very technical

Interview Question – Experience in their tool required   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was low for Mumbai Standards

Therapy Business Manager Interview

Therapy Business Manager
Delhi

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2011.

Interview Details firstly written exam then 3 round of interview then finally HR interview round

Negotiation Details – no negotitation

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant
Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs in November 2010.

Interview Details Interview and hiring process was very quick and comfortable. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable during the interview and the result was also declared in a few hours without wasting much of a time.

Interview Question – What do you think are the most important aspects of employee engagement?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst

Interviewed at Abbott Labs

Interview Details This has all changed you can no longer be hired if you live in the US. Both Abbott and Abbvi are not hiring. They are contracting all IT work. Applying to these companies is a waste of time.

Interview Question – None, All the questions where pretty easy.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

Interviewed at Abbott Labs

Interview Details Phone followed by one day onsite, mostly standard stuff. Hiring manager went into great extend to make me understand the roles and responsibility. Also the younger staff was forth coming with work environment,

Interview Question – Technical interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Logistics Manager Interview

Logistics Manager
Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2014.

Interview Details Very thorough and straightforward. This was a very professional environment and all of the people I encountered were pleasant and helpful. I enjoyed my interactions with them and would have loved being a member of their team.

Interview Question – None, all were conducive to the posted position and the experience they were seeking to fulfill the requirements.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Associate Interview

Human Resources Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2010.

Interview Details I came through a temp service so I had to interview with the temp service and then my would be manager. It was fairly easy but I do think I interview well due to my personality.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult. The Hewitt Associates interview was much worse.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Abbott Labs in November 2010.

Interview Details I had one interview. The interviewer flew up from Los Angeles. I assumed he only stayed one day since I never saw him again. The interview was fairly easy, but it seemed like he didn't know much about technical writing or CAPAs.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Abbott Park, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2014.

Interview Details The entire process took about 10 weeks from applying to offer. I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Questions were basic- why work for Abbott, am I willing to relocate etc. About a week later I received an email scheduling me for an in person interview. This interview consisted of two panel interviews 30 minutes each with directors and program managers. About a week later I got a call saying that I made it to the next round of interviews. The 2nd in person interview was about half a day. I had 4-5 interviews with upper level scientists about 30 mins each followed by a 1 hr seminar about my previous research. I received a call about 3 weeks later informing me that I had been offered the position.

Interview Question – I had a lot of questions about conflict resolution. How do you respond if someone gets angry and yells at you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate. It was pretty straight forward. The initial base salary offered was slightly lower but I got them to come up to the salary it wanted.

CAPA QA Coordinator Interview

CAPA QA Coordinator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details I have interviewed with the Abbott Nutritional plant in Alta Vista, VA twice. The first for a job that I had no experience with (production management), and the second for a CAPA QA position which I have a LOT of experience with. The first time I rotated around to several different people. The second time I was in one room with 4 different people. Both times the questions were from Targeted Selection.

Interview Question – I find all Targeted Selection questions hard because you have to give examples and there is a certain pattern to your answers that they are looking for. I find the question "give me an example of how you have been innovative" to be a hard one because what is considered innovative at one company may be common place at another company.   Answer Question

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!