Abercrombie & Fitch

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Sales Associate (Model)

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details Very basic interview. It was my first job so I was actually incredibly nervous. Main manager interviewed me in a group, one other person. She mostly asked questions about your personality and hobbies, but the most important question is "what is diversity to you".
Easy interview, terrible process though. Nearly took a month, my employ card never worked correctly, and pictures for being apart of the team were never taken. Overall, a very easy job and interview process.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, but it is always a good idea to do your research about the company and especially the idea of diversity, in which they ask in the interview, and throughout your stay at the job   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Manager In Training (MIT)
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details Be sure to be a specific as possible about your answers. Diversity is very important to the company, be sure to explain what it means to you in detail. They like people who are well-rounded and outgoing, as well as team players who have a passion for the brand. Wear something from the brand and be sure to be able to answer how you perceive the brand.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Impact Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details one group interview. asked questions about former jobs and team work. BUT if you have dreads, hair dyed a color that's not "natural", or in the military. you're already counted out.

Interview Question – are your nails natural? do you think you could wear our jeans?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. work week varied.

Very Easy Interview

Floor Model Interview

Floor Model
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2013.

Interview Details Dress like them for the interview. Meaning you don't have to where slacks and a button up shirt. If you don't have their clothes, just try to dress in their style. Be yourself, the interviews are just going to ask you basic questions about your worth ethics and how you would react under certain situations.

Interview Question – There aren't any unexpected questions. They might ask you a questions like "What makes Abercrombie & Fitch clothes stand out from others?"   Answer Question

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Model/Sales Associate
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied to the store located at the St. Johns Center in Jacksonville, FL in hope to secure a summer job. I was not impressed by the professionalism of the store managers, nor the general managers, in conducting the interview. They do not engage in any way with their prospective hires. The interview process is a group interview and it is by default as one applies for Impact or Model positions.

The dialogue largely from the managers is scripted and, at times, very duplicitous as body language is concerned, or the overall atmosphere, for non-White prospective hires. They do not hire based off skill which is the very nature of being a "Model," or sales associate, which is about salesmanship. Sure, in retail, appearance does matter compared to other industries but this store puts an irrational emphasis on appearance. You cannot dress professionally and expect to land this job. You cannot dress in Abercrombie and expect to land this job, if your look is not what is marketed in their store.

In other words, if you are non-White with physical features that show that then the odds are not in your favor. Harsh reality. They say they are looking for outgoing individuals, but in reality as I observed they hire obnoxious individuals who look similar to their marketing materials. If you value genuine diversity and merit regardless of your ethnic group then I recommend not applying to this location, or the this company at all. They also have a nasty habit of hiring random referrals and giving those referrals priority in hiring instead of someone who genuinely wants to work there by applying intentionally.

Interview Question – What's Your Definition of Diversity and Why Is It Important in the Workplace?   View Answer

Model Interview

Model

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details I was randomly approached and asked to come in for interview. The interview was very warm and comfortable. No pressure. It was a group interview. we were each given a chance to express ourselves and get to know each other. It was fun

Interview Question – Talk about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – H

Associate Merchant Interview

Associate Merchant
Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2012.

Interview Details Met/applied at a job fair.

Multi-Step interview process:
1) Phone screen
2) Skype Interview
3) Onsite Interview

The phone screen was very basic - how did you hear about us, what is your interest, how does this sound, etc.

Skype interview was more specific to the role - how do these aspects of the work seem etc.

Onsite interview as multiple parts
1 on1 interviews about personal experience and background
group activities where you pick a lineup of clothes (apparently they only want you to say Blue and White all the time)
Record videos of yourself responding to interview questions (pretty weird - they put each person in a room and had you answer questions to a web cam to record it).

Everyone was super pleasant/nice. Very upbeat group of people. Expect bass-heavy music and everything to smell like an Abercrombie store.

Interview Question – Which of these (pointing at assorted abercrombie products) should we include in the summer lineup?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Paramus, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2012.

Interview Details If you are handsome/attractive, you have already been hired before you start talking. Just be on time, wear abercromie clothes and try not to talk about how much you like partying.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Model Interview

Model

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details The interview was very easy . I was just myself and I laughed a lot . I just have a bubbly personality and obviously the manager like that because she laughed a lot with me . I was the only one that showed up for a group interview as a model .

Interview Question – I had a one-on-one interview with the manager who seemed like she cared about who she wanted to hire in the store for best customer service . I had a blue shirt from hollister ( but no one could tell ) khaki pants , and some flat shoes . I wore no-makeup at all . I wore studs and I had a natural hair style like i just woke up and I have flawless hair lol . I was asked 4 simple questions . Questions ASK BELOW .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to come in for a orientation @ 4 .

Associate Merchant Interview

Associate Merchant

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details I had to take an aptitude test. Interviewers were more interested in personality than background and experience. They seemed to be very interested in sorority experience. Asked what my favorite class and least favorite class was.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!