Abercrombie & Fitch

2.0

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mall
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mall

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I went through 1 interview. The interviewer was pretty laid back. I was asked basic interview questions that you can google online. There's no prior experience needed but I'm sure any experience at all can't hurt. During the interview and after you have the opportunity to get your questions answered and to really sell your personality on the job. Being recruited by someone that works there helps but is not needed or required.

Floor Model Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

My friend referred me, so I went in stores, got recurited by one of the managers, she asked if I can do an interview right now, I said yes, so I did an interview with the other manager (it was me and this guy that I so happen to know, so it wasn't awkward) she asked simple questions, then she said if we got the job she'll call in a week, she called me the next day!

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate Interview

They interview me with another applicant and asked us questions about diversity and past experiences. Questions may vary- my friend also had an interview but the questions they asked her were different.

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

It was a lengthy interview. The whole thing took about and hour. Lots of in depth questions asking for examples from your education experience and past work experience. You have to think quickly. Make sure you come in with your accomplishments in mind and how you achieved them. The questions are not difficult, but you definitely need to come prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a project that had a time limit and you had to complete it under pressure.   View Answer

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was recruited in the store while I was shopping. The manager came up to me and asked if I was 17 years of age. Then he gave me all of the information to apply online. I came in for a group interview later that week. It was super easy, and super casual. I was offered the job a few days later, and I accepted.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview on campus

Super informal, and unprofessional. Asked to dress casual, aka Abercrombie style. Questions about your life, she kept trying to tell me how great Columbus was and the nightlife there and then told me how "cool" the company culture was. Honestly it was kind of uncomfortable and I left not wanting to work there. Then we had to take on IQ test- if this is what they base their employees off of then I don't know how the 3 people that came to campus got hired.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

It's fine basic questions that anyone can answer. With them it is important to dress in the style of the brains and look like the brand ( all natural) I would say it's 60% based off of looks and 40 interview.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was "cast" while shopping nearby and applied online. Then scheduled for an interview shortly after.

It is usually a group interview for the position type but at the specific time slot, I was the only one to interview (one-on-one). They asked me questions like:
    "Describe yourself in 3 words."
    "How would your friends describe you?"
    "What does diversity mean to you?"

It was a basic personality interview. I'm guessing because they want to make sure you fit into the culture.

I also discussed a little about the dress code regarding nail polish and earrings. This was brought up when the hiring manager asked if I had any questions.

I think it is important to note what the company policy is before going in for an interview. Why would you want to work at a company that has policies you don't agree with?

Interview Questions
    • "What does diversity mean to you?" I was smart and researched what questions they asked and this one particularly stumped me while I was practicing for the interview. However, I think as long as you have basic knowledge of the definition and don't sound stuck-up or mean, you should do fine.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, minimum wage.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

interview was about an hour. Question and answer. I first met with the manager of the store. Then interviewed with the DM a few days later. Next I wait to hear back from the DM for an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to make a difficult choice knowing it would be unpopular. Do you have recruitment experience? Regular interview questions. Just google it. The interview was fairly easy and the DM was nice. Im still waiting on my offer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2015.

On campus recruiting, applied online and had a group project/ interview the next day about merchandise planning. Took a 10 min test which had basic math questions- nothing too hard. Project listed about an hour and then the recruiter said she would email us for the next step