Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
944 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Manager In Training (MIT)
Eastpointe On The Mall, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details Basically asking about your personality, prior experiences, leadership. They want to know that you are energetic, classy, have sense of style, ready to work hard. Make sure you wear make up and wear something from Abercrombie and Fitch. The most important is your looks.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult customer service situation and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the whole process took a month

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Model/Sales Associate
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details It was a group interview in an upbeat environment. They were mainly looking for outgoing sociable people who also seemed to suit the brand. This is important so the associates represent the brand well and are genuine to customers asking for advice or suggestions. It was a really relaxed interview but they are a little bit selective in choosing people who they know are chatty and have a bit of confidence.

Interview Question – They're weren't any difficult questions as long as you can describe the brands character.   Answer Question

Store Model Interview

Store Model
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2013.

Interview Details Pretty simple and straight forward - it was a group interview with other potential impacts and models for a position at a flagship. They asked me an interesting fact about myself, what I knew about AF, what my friends would describe me as, what diversity was, what would make me successful at Abercrombie and etc.

Interview Question – What would make you successful at Abercrombie?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Floor Model Interview

Floor Model
Farmington, CT (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process for me was really more of a scouting process, as someone approached me at school to work for the company. In need of a job, I said yes, and wound up in a group interview with a bunch of other potential employees and myself. It was more of an orientation than even an interview, as I guess they hire anyone.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Sales Associate (Model)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details Group interview asking basic questions, very hard to not get the job. Interview is super casual you can pretty much wear whatever you want as long as you dress in something that looks like or is abercrombie. Only one interview and the process is not very long either

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details Pretty basic interview. Group setting where they ask 3-5 questions, including one about diversity since they got sued for discrimination a few years back. Was recruited in store (this is where they do A LOT of their recruiting) and submitted an app at the kiosk in the store. Heard back exactly a week later with an offer.

Interview Question – The questions are fairly straight forward. Just know a bit about the image that they are trying to sell (ie. classic New England prepster)   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Impact Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details Simple, there was a group interview where we were all asked pretty standard questions that didnt really challenge anyone too much. All of us were hired probably because the store was really desperate for workers.

Interview Question – What is diversity?   View Answer

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Manager In Training (MIT)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details The interview was a standard interview but it took me to follow up with the district manager to see if i got the job, it took her 3 weeks to get back to me. She was really cool but i think better communication was necessary instead of having me wait almost a month.

Model Interview

Model

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details I was recruited off the street and asked to come into the store the following wednesday for an interview.
The interview is really nothing to get nervous about. They're really just checking that you're not crazy or anything. You are hired for your looks so usually if you make to the interview, the decision to hire you is already made unless you do something nuts.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. The base pay added to the free clothes, simplicity of the work and the opportunity to meet a lot of models was enough for me.

Front End Developer Interview

Front End Developer
New Albany, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2014.

Interview Details They found me via LinkedIn. The recruiter asked if I want to try giving them a shot. I said yes and he sent me a coding excercise to do with AJAX, HTML/CSS. I sent it back within 2 hours and they liked it. Then they looked at my resume and liked that, too.

After a week of talks, a date was finally set-up. It was 3 interviews in the span of 2 hours. I quickly found out every single developer used Macs. There was no room for Windows in development because they also use CodeKit.

The 1st guy, we talked about JavaScript and coding and websites. I was able to answer all but one question. Seemed pretty easy. Nice guy, too.

Second guy was more technical and a front-end lead developer. He asked more technical questions like "What is your workflow?", "What does Unit Testing mean to you?". I bombed both of those because I'm still stuck in 2010. Once again, nice guy.

Last two guys, for 3rd interview, was pretty much to talk about my practice of coding like how I do things and about my old job and what I did there. Pretty easy stuff and nice guys.

After that interview was over, on a Thursday, I got an email back the following Tuesday. No offer. I knew exactly why despite never confirming it.

Interview Question – What was the hardest debugging challange you faced?   View Answer

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!