Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

2.0

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mall
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mall

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I went through 1 interview. The interviewer was pretty laid back. I was asked basic interview questions that you can google online. There's no prior experience needed but I'm sure any experience at all can't hurt. During the interview and after you have the opportunity to get your questions answered and to really sell your personality on the job. Being recruited by someone that works there helps but is not needed or required.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview is ridiculously easy. You can look up youtube videos that will give you the answers to basically any of the answers that they may ask you. The interviews are conducted in a group setting with maybe 3 or 4 other interviewees. Nowadays, the manager is mostly reading off the paper throughout the interview. They will ask 3 or 4 questions to each candidate (sometimes the same questions to everyone). Most questions aim to get to know you, as a person, better; not your past work experience. And instead of dressing professionally, it is better to wear their clothes so they can better see how you would fit in to the store.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. This is your typical retail job with no benefits and a minimum wage pay.

Java Developer Interview

I cleared the phone screening interview and was asked to come for an on site interview. The disappointing thing about their recruitment process is that in spite of taking time off for the face to face interviews, the recruiter didnt bother letting me know of the outcome of the interview. This reeked of lack of basic courtesy and respect for a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me questions related to the work that I had done.   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Got recruited on the streets by one of the managers and was told to apply online. They called me within a week to ask if I could come in for an interview and gave me the choice to choose my own interview time. Went in for an interview and got a call the next day offering the position!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think diversity is and why is it important at a workplace?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I secured an interview through our campus career coach. A recruiter from A&F was at the career fair at the school, which I unfortunately missed, but I connected with him through email. We met at Costa over a coffee where I gave him my resume and told why I was interested... Overall it went great and the recruiter was very nice. He didn't ask any technical questions, the whole point was to be nice and introduce yourself... he then gave me his email address through which he directed me to the interview.

The first interview was extra easy, it was a pre-recorded set of questions, which were 1)your university, 2) your degree 3) where you see yourself in 3 years.

The second interview was over Skype with a person at HQ. The lady was very nice and welcoming, which made the whole process less nerve- wrecking. Prior to the interview I was given an assignment, which I needed to complete within 24 hours. The assignment was fine, but you need to be prepared to explain why/what you did.. First half of the interview was behavioural questions, and the second was based on the assignment.

Interview Questions
    • What are the current male trends? What brands do you see on your campus?   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

They stressed diversity and communication ability.
    You should be able to understand why diversity is a priority for the company and be able to sell your personality, all of the managers are looking for bubbly people who are able to speak to the customers while portraying the company image.

No negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

It was really quick. First I met with he store manager and then the district manager the next day and i started working that following Monday! It didnt really seem like an inerview. It was more conversational than anything. I noticed she really just wanted to see how outgoing or willing to share I was.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question would be "So.. why would you move from FL to TX"!   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

You can be recruited in multiple ways for this position: off the street as seeming brand positive, a friend could give your name to a recruiter, or you are already an emplyee and have simply graduated college with at least a 4-year degree. THe interview is laid back and normally consists of a rather casual conversation about what you studied in school, how you feel about diversity, and what draws you to the brand. They prefer outgoing, self-motivated, friendly people and the questions asked are hint to such.

Interview Questions
    • The question that took me most by surprise was concerning my personal definition of diversity. They ask that you describe your definition of the word and how it has applied to you in the past and how you feel it helps a business to run more smoothly.   Answer Question
    There is nothing to really negotiate. The salary is set, benefits are discussed and given after 6 months of full-time employment.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

It was a easy conversation, very open, very friendly! It was a group conversation in Brussels 3 days ago and now I'm waiting for more information! The girl explained how growing is possible in this company

No info yet

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

I was contacted my a fellow MIT on a thursday night through FB asking if I was interested in the position. Told her I was, met her the next day in the ANF store along with the manager and the interview was set up for the following thursday with the divisions manager. The DM was super friendly and welcoming, she talked about her past experiences and how the company has changed and how great it was. We talked for an hour. It was very relaxed and she asked me maybe 4 questions out of a paper. Because, i was the last interview of the week, she told me she would let me know the next day. She did and I was offered the position through e-mail. The entire process took one week.

No negotiation.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!