Abercrombie & Fitch

2.0

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mall
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mall

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I went through 1 interview. The interviewer was pretty laid back. I was asked basic interview questions that you can google online. There's no prior experience needed but I'm sure any experience at all can't hurt. During the interview and after you have the opportunity to get your questions answered and to really sell your personality on the job. Being recruited by someone that works there helps but is not needed or required.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Attractive and must have bachelors degree. Mainly they will just focus on how attractive you are. Even if stores are understaffed across the district they will say no to perfectly good candidates who are not attractive. Ive been told that potential mangers have had terrible interviews but still gathered because they are attractive. I was also told that candidates can be taught all of the other criteria as long as they look good. This basically renders the process strictly to how you look during your first interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, upper management has no ability to increase or decrease pay other than annual raises

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview will most likely be a group interview, so just be sure to stand out. It's very simple. Just be outgoing and confident. After they call you for the position, you will have to attend an orientation, also very simple.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate. Everyone gets minimum wage.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Many questions were asked "tell me about yourself" "what do you like most about Abercrombie" "What is Diversity" was the main question. Interview took place at Starbucks. Received a phone call 1 week later with the job offer. I declined.

Interview Questions
    • saying the tagline, "hey whats up" at the end of the interview   Answer Question

Merchandising - Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Applied and interviewed on campus. Case given the day before on picking men's graphics. You have to pick certain styles/ colors then present your choices. The night before they have a info session where you get to meet the recruiters and people who have gone through the program already. Good opportunity to learn more about the position.

Model/Brand Representative Interview

Easy interview right in store. Grouped session. Expected to hire a lot of people due to turnover. Met with manager and assistant manager. We received a tour of the store, nothing in the back. All front store areas that customers are already familiar with. Fun people. Met new friends at interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your career path with A&F? Didn't realize there was one in retail.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Group Interview for associates.
    One on one interview with District Manager for any management positions.
    Very basic interview process.
    After I became a manager I was giving group interviews on a daily basis. I always tried to make everyone feel comfortable about sharing and ask questions if they wanted.
    The questions are extremely typical, such as "are you outgoing?" "what would other people say about your personality?" "name a situation you have went above and beyond"

Interview Questions
    There was not one. I was offered a salary and accepted it.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

First round: on-campus interview. You need to take a Wonderlic test before your interview. Also, their pre-interview session is a "mixer party" and they see how you are interacting with others. They give you a project the night before the interview - it was a fun experience, and gives you an idea as to whether you want to continue doing this or not. Was interviewed 1:1 by two interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • - what is your biggest weakness?
      - what is your biggest accomplishment?
      - what is most important to you? (money, fame, people, etc)
      - What is the current fashion trend?
        Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Saw the position online the mall website. Called to see if it was still open. Store manager wanted to set up a meet and greet at the end of the week was one the way to the mall then so meet with her that day. She asked basic where did you go to college what was your major equestrians and told me to apply online and that she would give my resume to the Distric Manager the next day. No interview yet just went there today.

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2014.

I applied online through my university and received a call from a recruiter the next day. I met her at a local mall that week. The interview was very relaxed and most of the interview she talked about her experiences and the company.

Interview Questions
    She said that they would love to have me and asked me to start working in the store as a sales associate until I could start working full time.