Abercrombie & Fitch

836 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Interview

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details casual questions with very comfortable environment, job seems interesting but possibly long hours and tiring jobscope. good for students and part-timers

Interview Question – explain how you resolve conflict in a group   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details Submitted an application in-store electronically. Was called in for a group interview where they asked all three of us the same question at once. The questions were about diversity and why you'd be a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Interview Details Initially speak with a store manager, typically doing a meet and greet, you are then passed on to the district manager for an in person interview. The interview was about an hour long process. It is very easy going and comfortable in comparison to other interviews. They want to see your sense of style and like seeing you in current Abercrombie trends.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, all of them are asking you about "times when you..." and getting to know you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Model Interview

Santa Rosa, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

Interview Details Interview process is pretty easy. Group interviews and they ask basic interview questions "strengths/weaknesses" etc.

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2013.

Interview Details one interview required for everyone who applies for the job. Nothing much you just have to be a nice person and looks "A&F" (doesn't mean you have to be muscular).

Interview Question – How would your friend describe you?   View Answer

Lead Stock Interview

Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2011.

Interview Details Interview took approximately 30 min and was extremely easy. Questions that judged how you make decisions and looks into your leadership skills.

Interview Question – How would you handle the a situation in which one of your employees was caught stealing?   Answer Question

Impact Worker Interview

Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2010.

Interview Details I did a group interview in McDonald's because there was a lot of seating in there. I interviewed with 2 other people, and the manager asked us about 5 questions each. It was a behavioral based interview, so the questions were about what we had done in past situations. They asked about a time when I had to be a leader. They asked about a time that I solved a problem in the past. When they were done, I shook her hand and they said they would contact me within a week when they had made a decision. I got a call a week later with the job offer, and I said yes.

Interview Question – Name a time in the past where you had to work in a team to solve a problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Starting salary was $8/hour.

Very Easy Interview

Store Model Interview

Salem, NH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

Interview Details Simple and short. Was not asked too many questions.

Model Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

Interview Details Went into the store to return a pair of shorts that were the wrong size for my friend and was asked if I would like to work there. I didn't have a job at the time, was in high school, so I figured it would be a good opportunity. I signed a card with my name, email and phone number, and within a few days got an email about interviewing on a Friday (they only interview on Tuesdays and Fridays, at least at my store). I went to the interview, which was with a small group of three people and one manager. The questions were easy like what do you think the message of the brand is, how do you deal with diverse situations, what does diversity mean to you, etc. Very basic. After the interview finished, they said they would call back in a week. A week and a few days went by, so I called the store wondering if I was hired. They said they would call back soon, and the next day they called saying they would like to offer me the job. However, it was difficult to find out when my first day was. Again, they said they would call me, but did not, so I called and they said 'Oh, well just come in this Saturday around 2 for training." So I went to the store at two, did not see the training video at all, and ended up working my first four hour shift. After that, scheduling was better because my name was in the system, but it was a very hectic start.

Interview Question – How have you acted in diverse situations that put you out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

MIT/AM At Hollister Co Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details I was recruited by a friend (another manager) who brought me into her old store to meet the SM. I was still in college but graduating in a month. They took down my info on a recruiting card and said they would call me on the Xth of X month to set up an interview with the DM. I didn't think much of it because it was so far away and didn't understand how "valuable" I was to the company (as a FRESH out of college graduate who wears hollister clothing and is good looking and had ties at my school to a greek org). The DM called me directly twice to set up the interview. Side note: I spoke to the DM five or six times from the initial phone call until my hire. I went to the interview in a plaid with a white tank underneath, hollister jeans, and uggs, brought a resume. It was pretty laid back- I met the DM in the kids store who then walked with me to the food court for the interview. We made small talk and I asked all about her (people love to talk about themselves!!). Questions are all on this website- how would others describe your personality, I got asked about diversity, tell me about a time when you got a project done with people who come from different backgrounds as you, tell me about a time you were on a tight deadline and got something done, etc. I asked more about the DM during the interview so it was more of a conversation than an interview. very casual. She told me I'd hear back within a week if I were to get an offer and she was interviewing other people. It was over a holiday so she took about two weeks to get back to me but my friend who originally recruited me kept me in the loop and knew I was getting an offer. I guess that's not typical though. So I was offered the position. Once I asked more about the position and accepted the offer, I got a call from the store manager two days later who had me come in immediately to set up paperwork . I was scheduled for the next day and started my MIT program.
I was originally recruited at the (abercrombie) kids store in mall A. I was interviewing for the position at the adult store (fitch) in mall B. We had the interview in mall B. But my DM told me during the offer process (right after I accepted) that she was putting me at the Hollister in mall B.
In case anyone is unaware:
The three stores are all part of Abercrombie and Fitch and managers are borrowed/substituted interchangeably so this was not a big deal/out of the ordinary. The same DM in my case manages both malls A and B so there was not any switch with the interview/hiring/district.

TIP: Honestly-- If you are great looking, show up to the interview in brand clothes, are friendly, super outgoing, and energetic, and actually answer the questions, you'll probably get an offer. I know some people who are not the sharpest tool in the shed but are dedicated to the brand and great looking and friendly who are store managers and even district managers. Just appear sharp and seem to have half a brain.

Interview Question – Looked at my resume and saw I worked at retail store X in the past. "What was the most difficult customer you ever encountered, what made them difficult and how did you handle the situation, did they end up satisfied?"   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch interview questions and advice. All 836 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.