Accenture

77 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

Interview Details I applied for a new grad position from Accenture’s careers website. After a HR phone screen I was flown out to Chicago for three interviews. All the interviews were just normal conversations to gage how interact with people/clients. Questions were all situational to see how you would handle a problem.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty straight forward, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For an offer to upcoming college graduates there is no negotiation

Senior Specialist Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

Interview Details I had four interviews. Initial interview was with a recruiter. 2nd interview was with a member of HR. 3rd interview was behavioral based and with a senior manager. Final interview was in-person and with a senior manager. It was very relaxed and was more for me to ask any questions.

Interview Question – I don't think any of the questions were difficult at all. They were all standard of most interview processes.   Answer Question

CIO New Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details I Applied Online one day on their own website's job page after reading about how it was top 10 places to work for New College Grads. After applying I was contacted via Email about a week later by a recruiter. She me it would be a 3 Stage Interview process. The first stage was a 30 minute Screening Interview where she briefed me on the position and the company and then we went over my Resume and why I wanted to work their and simple things like that. After that first screening interview I heard back two days later that I had made it to the 2nd round which was a Situational and Behavioral Interview that would last 1 hour. I was very nervous about this one and spent an entire week reading questions and preparing answers. I came up with about 7-8 detailed stories from my school work and group projects where I lead or helped solve something. The recruiter asked 4 main questions and then asked for much more detailed answers (how were you feeling when that happened, what was your first reaction when that problem came about, why did you think that was the best way to handle that situation, what was the outcome.) The interview only took 40 minutes and I made some small conversation with the recruiter and asked a few questions that I had prepared myself to ask them. About a week later the Recruiter called and told me that I had done very well and that I made it to the final interview which would be at the Chicago Accenture Office and would be a 5 hour long process of interviews, presentations, and networking. The flew me out there and put me up in a hotel nearby.

Got to the office and it was myself and two other potential candidates very similar to me (just about to graduate college). Sat down in the interview room with 4 Accenture Employees. One was the original recruiter I had spoken with all along, there was another recruiter, and then 2 employees that had started in the position I was applying for. For first part of Day they gave a presentation on the company, the position, benefits, culture, diversity...etc. Then I had a 40 minute one-on-one interview with someone else in the company. It was very similar to the Situational interview I had earlier but the girl was very friendly and we talked casually as well. Then after that the 7 of us all had lunch together in the original meeting room (which was very good I might add). We all just had a very casual chat about Chicago and our interests and things. After lunch there was another one-on-one interview with another employee in Accenture (he seemed to be a higher up manager). This interview was tougher and wanted me to go into way more detail about things I have done and also asked me why he would want to put me on his team. After that they gave a tour of the office and just had a little more casual talk about the place. Overall it was a positive experience and I had a great time. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and the office was very casual and modern. Everything I was concerned about with the company beforehand was in fact the opposite. I was worried that Accenture would be very professional and "corporate" and that it would be all cubicles, but instead Everyone was so friendly and it was business casual and there are no cubicles. You get to just work wherever you want in various workstations or small offices. I heard back exactly a week after my final interview and got the Job offer!

Overall if you are interviewing I would say research Behavioral questions Online and look through all the reviews and interviews here on Glass Door. Prepare 7-8 detailed stories about experiences you have leading or working in teams. I was very nervous but the Experience was very positive and rewarding.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you were working on a project and ran into some difficulties. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • What is a time when you were given a task but did not have a lot of information on how to carry it out?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was really above what I was even expecting So I did not feel the need to negotiate. I also got to pick from a selection of start dates (which was really nice Since I will have to relocate and find a place to live)

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details HR Interview, Alumni Interview, 2 back to back phone case interviews, Final round

Interview Question – why accenture over a straight strategy firm?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in September 2010.

Interview Details College interview. First round/second round on campus. Final round in person with large group.

Interview Question – All behavior type questions, situation stuff. Make sure to talk about what YOU delivered. Use the words "high performance" somewhere in your talk.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Senior Manager Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in June 2010.

Interview Details Five rounds of interviews; a combination of behavioral, situation and problem solving. One face to face interview.

Interview Question – Do you have any professional regrets? If so, what is it and what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short and sweet. They were more flexible on the signing bonus.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Interview Details Campus recruiting through graduate program. All candidates go through case and behavioral interviews. The schools manage the processes during the fall and spring for full time and internship recruiting. Interviewing off-cycle can be difficult because there are so many roles open and so few recruiters to handle the interest. Networking can be very helpful when trying to get into the firm. If you know an actual consultant, try to get your resume in there.

Interview Question – Their interviews are very conversational cases. Less formulaic than other consulting companies. Interviewers use cases from their actual experience. Very interactive. We discussed how to make a prominent federal agency profitable again. It was very engaging and the firms tries to pick interviewers that are good at interviewing (from what I can tell).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Offers are standard across all campus recruiting.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details I applied online and was first contacted by someone from HR who told me more about the company. I then took an online test consisting of math/logic/pseudocode. The next step was a technical phone interview where I was asked about my personal experience related to software development. The final step of the process was an online video interview. I received an offer the same day as the final interview.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty standard in comparison to other interviews I have had for similar roles.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied online as a new graduate (entry-level). Received an email of their interest in 2 weeks. The 1st phone interview was a review of my resume and school activities. The conversation was very relaxed. The 2nd phone interview was a behavioral interview. The interviewer asked me for scenarios of when I was confronted with a difficult situation and how I handled them. The interviewer also asked questions about my school activities. Both the 1st and 2nd interview lasted for about an hour. The 3rd interview was a 1 on 1. I was interviewed by 1 senior manager and 1 peer. Both consisted of a brief overview of my resume, school activities, and how I handled issues within group projects. Included was a presentation about the company, round table open discussion, and lunch. This interview lasted for about 4 hours.

Interview Question – What was your biggest accomplishment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, but the recruiter did inform me the salary offered was based on my degree, grades, and GPA.

Corporate Finance - Client Financial Management Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details Initial Phone Interview with Recruiter to go over Resume/Skills. 2nd Interview via phone with CFM Manager. Final Interview in office with 2 CFMs, 2 Managers, then Director of Office/Program.

Interview Question – Problem on white board regarding percentage of completions of projects based month to month   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 77 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.