Accenture

3.1

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

My resume was submitted through their employee referral program. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who asked me a few basic questions and wanted details on my background. Then, he set up two phone interviews that were business case study interviews. During each case study interview, the interviewer asked me details about my background and also asked me general questions like: What do you know about Accenture, why do you want to be a consultant, what do you think a typical day is like for a consultant.

Interview Questions
    • One case study was about budgeting and forecasting. The other was on cost optimization.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

First round: 30-45 minute in person screen - Why should we hire you over someone else?
    Second round : Behavioral
    Third: At HQ - Did not make it that far, but was told that it would be technical and more behavioral aspects. You would meet with HR as well.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over someone else?   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

I had an employee referral so they are required to reply in a timely manor. After I applied it took about a week for them to contact me to set up a screening interview. I told the recruiter during the screening interview that I had been talking to other employers so they sped the process up for me and I had the next two interviews (behavioral and skills) a few days after. Mine were on the same day which was pretty exhausting so if you can avoid doing that I would. Once I found out I had passed those the confirming interview was the next week, so the entire interview process took a total of 8 days. I found out I passed the confirming interview within hours. BE SURE TO SEND FOLLOW UP EMAILS FOR EACH PROCESS!!! If you do not have emails ask the recruiter to forward them for you.

After the interviews there was a lot of back and fourth with my recruiter about "next steps", setting up negotiation, preparing for background check, etc. This took about two weeks but the background check only took 2 days once they finally started it. It will go fast if you inform all of your employee references- I was told confirming information with them is usually the reason for a background check to take awhile.

The entire process was lengthy but there were no tricks.

Interview Questions
    • Screening (phone): Nothing unexpected. Have a lot of questions prepared. My experience was more of a conversation.

Behavioral (phone): The HR person I interviewed with was incredibly nice. I was asked about 4 question (I was told they were catered to my position and previous experience).
      -How did you build a relationship with someone you have worked with?
      -Tell me about a time you had a conflict in regard to a work situation.
      -Tell me about a specific incidence in which you felt stressed at work.
      I can't remember the last one.

Skills (phone): Again, it was more of a conversation. A department manager and I just did a run-through of my resume and she had some specific questions. There were no curveballs, the most difficult questions were "what inspires you?" and "tell me about a time you had to defend your work."

Confirming (in person): If you make it to this point you are pretty much in. My experience was super casual (but don't assume yours will be). Be prepared to answer questions like "what do you value most in a career?" "why accenture?" and "what type of environments do you work best in?" Most likely they already know you have answered similar questions with the recruiter in the screening interview but want to know that you carry yourself well in "stressful" situations. If you cannot handle a face-to-face interview how can they be sure you can handle client meetings?

View Answer
    Mine wasn't much of a process because up front they told me they would offer me what I asked. I now know I low-balled myself so make sure you do your research and understand the title of the position you are applying for.

User Experience Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

It's a 4 step interview process.

1 - Phone Screen with recruiter. They will go through your prior experience with a fine tooth comb to determine whether or not you have the years of experience for the role.
    2 - Phone Interview with a manager. This interview with also assess your technical skills for the position.
    3 - Situational/Behavioral Interview with another recruiter.
    4 - Virtual Meeting with hiring manager. At this stage, they have assess your qualifications and experience, now it's determining the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions regarding your experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Legal Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

The interview may vary, but all have to go through a very grueling interview which includes a personality test. The candidate does not know that it's happening when he/she is being interviewed though. It's Accenture's way of making sure they hire the right people that fit the Accenture culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you disagreed with your supervisor and why?   View Answer
    Yes - they are very open to negotiating if the candidate is selected.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Accenture.

Hired a long time ago 14 years, remember it being very structured with multiple tiers of interviews with various levels of the company. Required on your feet thinking and communication, values problem solving and listening skills.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a number of hypothetical questions some of which were very abstract. Don't remember all the details.   Answer Question

CIO New Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I Applied Online one day on their own website's job page after reading about how it was top 10 places to work for New College Grads. After applying I was contacted via Email about a week later by a recruiter. She me it would be a 3 Stage Interview process. The first stage was a 30 minute Screening Interview where she briefed me on the position and the company and then we went over my Resume and why I wanted to work their and simple things like that. After that first screening interview I heard back two days later that I had made it to the 2nd round which was a Situational and Behavioral Interview that would last 1 hour. I was very nervous about this one and spent an entire week reading questions and preparing answers. I came up with about 7-8 detailed stories from my school work and group projects where I lead or helped solve something. The recruiter asked 4 main questions and then asked for much more detailed answers (how were you feeling when that happened, what was your first reaction when that problem came about, why did you think that was the best way to handle that situation, what was the outcome.) The interview only took 40 minutes and I made some small conversation with the recruiter and asked a few questions that I had prepared myself to ask them. About a week later the Recruiter called and told me that I had done very well and that I made it to the final interview which would be at the Chicago Accenture Office and would be a 5 hour long process of interviews, presentations, and networking. The flew me out there and put me up in a hotel nearby.

Got to the office and it was myself and two other potential candidates very similar to me (just about to graduate college). Sat down in the interview room with 4 Accenture Employees. One was the original recruiter I had spoken with all along, there was another recruiter, and then 2 employees that had started in the position I was applying for. For first part of Day they gave a presentation on the company, the position, benefits, culture, diversity...etc. Then I had a 40 minute one-on-one interview with someone else in the company. It was very similar to the Situational interview I had earlier but the girl was very friendly and we talked casually as well. Then after that the 7 of us all had lunch together in the original meeting room (which was very good I might add). We all just had a very casual chat about Chicago and our interests and things. After lunch there was another one-on-one interview with another employee in Accenture (he seemed to be a higher up manager). This interview was tougher and wanted me to go into way more detail about things I have done and also asked me why he would want to put me on his team. After that they gave a tour of the office and just had a little more casual talk about the place. Overall it was a positive experience and I had a great time. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and the office was very casual and modern. Everything I was concerned about with the company beforehand was in fact the opposite. I was worried that Accenture would be very professional and "corporate" and that it would be all cubicles, but instead Everyone was so friendly and it was business casual and there are no cubicles. You get to just work wherever you want in various workstations or small offices. I heard back exactly a week after my final interview and got the Job offer!

Overall if you are interviewing I would say research Behavioral questions Online and look through all the reviews and interviews here on Glass Door. Prepare 7-8 detailed stories about experiences you have leading or working in teams. I was very nervous but the Experience was very positive and rewarding.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time that you were working on a project and ran into some difficulties. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What is a time when you were given a task but did not have a lot of information on how to carry it out?   Answer Question
    The offer was really above what I was even expecting So I did not feel the need to negotiate. I also got to pick from a selection of start dates (which was really nice Since I will have to relocate and find a place to live)

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I applied online and was first contacted by someone from HR who told me more about the company. I then took an online test consisting of math/logic/pseudocode. The next step was a technical phone interview where I was asked about my personal experience related to software development. The final step of the process was an online video interview. I received an offer the same day as the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty standard in comparison to other interviews I have had for similar roles.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

HR Interview, Alumni Interview, 2 back to back phone case interviews, Final round

Corporate Finance - Client Financial Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Initial Phone Interview with Recruiter to go over Resume/Skills. 2nd Interview via phone with CFM Manager. Final Interview in office with 2 CFMs, 2 Managers, then Director of Office/Program.

Interview Questions
    • Problem on white board regarding percentage of completions of projects based month to month   Answer Question
    no negotiation.