Addus Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2014
Updated 13 Oct 2014

1.6

Assistant Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Addus Healthcare.

The interview process was very simple. The hiring manager asked basic questions. And Allowed me ample opportunity to answer thoroughly. The hiring manager was also quick to let me Know if I was going to offered the position. She indicated strongly at the end of the interview and called a week later

Negotiate Early on

HomeHealth Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cty Spok Val, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cty Spok Val, WA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Addus Healthcare in September 2013.

Had a very satisfying interview with two staff members that were very well knowledge d of the workplace and background of company, well prepared with interview questions at which applied to the job interviewing for at a professional level.

Health Care Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Addus Healthcare.

Show up at one of their offices to complete an application, attach resume. It may help to apply a week or so before scheduled "training" to expedite the process.
    If they bother to interview you, it will be an easy feat since you will probably be more knowledgeable than the interviewer.
    If you can't pass a felony background check, don't waste your time.

Interview Questions
    HCA isn't the kind of position in which one can negotiate a salary. There are a million other people with little to no experience or education that they will hire in a heartbeat.

HomeHealth Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Addus Healthcare in April 2013.

I only had one interview the process didn't take that long, I had to sit in a four day training class, took my I.D. photo, they fingered printed me and I had to wait for the call to come in and finish my paper work, and started working for the client the next day.

Interview Questions
    • No everything was straight forward and to the point.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

phone and in-person

Interview Questions
    no negotiation on benefits but negotiated salary a bit

Home Healthcare Provider Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Addus Healthcare in March 2013.

It was Very Quick. I walked in to turn in my application on a Monday, and by that following Wednesday I was working. Never had an Interview to sit through or answer a lot of questions.

Don't let them be too pushy if you need the hours make them give you the hours.

LPN-Home Health Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Addus Healthcare in October 2012.

Easy interview process. Submitted resume via fax. Received call the next day and interviewed within the week. Discussed experiences in home health and overall summary of experience. Laid back.

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions. More or less laid back conversation about experiences and reactions to generalized situations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. This is what it pays and these are benefits after specified time frame. Somewhat confusing. Under impression getting hired as full-time. Later found out it was a part-time position but more than likely full week of visits.

Agency Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Addus Healthcare in November 2011.

I had 4 interviews that spanned over 3 months. The HR coordinator's screening interview was first and she also handled the details of the process (which were handled VERY poorly). Over time (3mths) I had 3 other interviews with the Regional Director, The VP of Home & Community and the COO. These interviews ranged from 1hr to 1.5 hours long and each person began theri questioning by asking me "Given your education and background experience, WHY DO YOU WANT THIS JOB?" In between interviews, I was asked to take 2 different online assessments. I NEVER spoke to anyone face-to-face. I was asked to provide references, which the HR person asked ME to contact and arrange times for HER to question them, then FAILED to uphold those times. The paperwork and details were shoddy and unorganized, to say the least and later my benefits would end up being severely mishandled.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me where I should start and how I shoudl go about building the market in your metro area?   View Answer
    There was not really a true negotiation. I was TOLD that (after discussion with the regional director) the budget would not allow for me to be offered a salary that was/is average ($65K). I later came to find out, that this discussion never actually took place and that the budgetary contraintswould likely not EVER be overcome.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Addus Healthcare in August 2011.

I had the pleasure of interviewing for this position. My interview was wonderful! I felt it was a great opportunity and the person who interviewed me was a lovely individual. This is a position that requires you to be independent and not in need of praise. Pay is low, but the job itself gives you much more. I would reapply if the opportunity arose. I did not get the job due to an internal request for transfer to this location.

Interview Questions
    • You are clearing the dishes from lunch and Mr. Smith has a runny nose and milk has been spilled on the floor. In which order do you take care of things?   Answer Question

Home Care Aid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Addus Healthcare in November 2010.

I just filled out an application, talked to the management and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any hard or unexpected questions.   View Answer
    There were no negotiations.