Adecco

Updated 8 Dec 2014
Updated 8 Dec 2014

2.6

Recruitment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Adecco in July 2013.

Phone contact to schedule an interview in face to face directly. The whole process took 1 week. Questions were just awkward. I just got situational questions, nothing about my background, my education or my skills. Once I joined the company, I learnt the "recruiter" was actually a sales representative, not skilled at all for recruitment. I guess they were just in a rush to fill the position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were just awkward. I just got situational questions, nothing about my background, my education or my skills. Once I joined the company, I learnt the "recruiter" was actually a sales representative, not skilled at all for recruitment.   Answer Question
    No negociation, the offer was acceptable

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adecco in June 2013.

I was a rehire who relocated to a new city and had my file transferred.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work for less than you ever had before, something in the range of under $9?   View Answer
    Either take it or leave it. I needed employment so I had to do what was needed to support my family.

Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Adecco in June 2013.

Hiring was easy. Called their office, told them about myself and they called in two days. Set up the interview over the phone. And the week after I started work.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a question I thought was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate anything. Took the offer as-is

Bilingual Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adecco in June 2013.

office not organized the receptionist was also a recruiter, i had to wait 29 min before being called. the person in charge of the office interview me but it was unprofessional. she did not asked many questions appeared to have an attitude, was arrogant and rude. dont waste your time here.

Interview Questions
    • none, i did most of the taliking and asking and at the end she said i talked too much, was never contacted again. so i guess i did not get the job. lucky me!   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adecco in May 2013.

The interview is pretty easy, most of it is a test based on your understanding of basic windows skills, followed by a typing test and a test of information retention. They will not tell you that you can make short hand notes while taking the phone retention test

Interview Questions
    You are not able to negotiate anything.

Call Centre Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adecco in April 2013.

We had an in-person interview, then a follow-up phone interview, then a second in-person interview. Then I had a brief phone interview with Adecco's client then had a panel interview in person with client. After each contact with client, I had to call Adecco for a debriefing. There were many forms to fill out, including an agreement to arbitration. I also found out during the client interview that other Adecco candidates were being interviewed for the position as well.

IT Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adecco.

Broken record with this outfit: An initial email or telephone call will be issued from the company. If they have to leave a message on the initial contact, all bets are off: The agent you worked with will have already submerged like a submarine into the ether.

If an initial contact is successful, it's the millrun series of basic questions with little or no subsequent followup.

Interview Questions
    • As each contact with this company was an initial intake interview (regardless of the fact each new contact was with a new agent each time), only the basic, most cursory qualifying statements and questions were used. At no time was the client, or their requirements discussed or mentioned in more than the most basic, nebulous terms.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Adecco.

After sending an email with my CV, I received a reply the very next day, which pleasantly surprised me. The interview was set for a week after their email.
    The Interview was pretty straight forward, though I believe it was long. 1.5 hours for intern maybe it's a bit too much. There was a good background check, and every point that I had in my CV. Person needs to be prepared to answer different questions about your projects and research skills.
    After the interview was over, I was told that I will be contacted in up to two weeks period. Two weeks passed, and I was not contacted. So after sending an email to them, I received a reply that they forgot to contact me, but it's kinda ok, because they cannot offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: Tell me what kind of theories and approaches you were using in your research project, and what did you conclude from it? (Having a research project that has been done couple of years ago, I wasn't able to remember up to the smallest details.   Answer Question

Temp Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adecco.

Would not recommend unless you are hard up for a job. The opportunity is there, but the management at this company is not great. Technical issues, lack of communication between employees, it all had me going back and forth to their headquarters to fill out paperwork that could have easily been done at the comfort of my home. And trust me, there was A LOT of paperwork to fill out. More than normal, especially since the job hadn't even been given to me yet. The employees are nice and welcoming but that only makes the overall experience bearable. Claimed more than one position was available during job fair, but bait and switched me during first round interview. Complete waste of time and travel expenses. Was offered to come in for another position that paid less and didn't amount to much, I respectfully declined. Didn't want to waste another minute with them.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, performed group interviews. Overall a waste of time.   Answer Question

Store Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Adecco in March 2013.

I applied for the position through the staffing company, Adecco, by contacting one of their recruiters directly. After talking to her through email and phone calls, she had me email her my resume and set up an interview for the position. The interview took place on the campus of the company the position was contracted with, and I never once met an employee of the staffing company prior to being hired. The interview was held in a small group format, with 4 applicants and 3 interviewers in the room. The interviewers introduced themselves, and then had us introduce ourselves one at a time, before asking general process questions related to the job, posed as an evolving hypothetical situation, based on how we responded to each part of the situation. The interviewers had very little professionalism shown during the interview, and acted as if the whole entire thing were a joke, rolling their eyes at some responses and laughing amongst themselves at others. It was clear they had favorites picked at the very beginning, and the rest of the process was just a formality. After the interview, I received a callback within 3 hours from the staffing company telling me I had the Job.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any technical or difficult questions, the entire process was set up as a "what would you do" scenario, where how we answered drove the way they changed the situation to see how we would answer in turn.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation, just a take it or leave it offer