Affiliated Computer Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.3

Tier I Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in June 2014.

I submitted my resume at a Job Fair. Over two months later, I was contacted and asked to come in for an interview. I confirmed a time, the name of the person I'd be meeting with. At no point was I told anything I needed to bring or do beforehand... and I asked.
    When I arrived--pressed, dressed, and polished for what I though was an actual interview--there was no receptionist, just a small, gray DMV-style waiting room with a phone in the middle of a bare desk. Plastic chairs were filled with queuing people in sweats and backwards baseball caps hunched over clipboards. The locked door directed me to call to let them know I was there and informed me I'd be searched upon exit.
    As per the instructions, I called through. I reached the same person I'd talked to only 3 days prior, who didn't have my name or my resume. When I pressed for more information, it became clear that this was not an actual resume-based interview, and that they don't even conduct such interviews--probably because no such information is necessary to train a brainless script-follower.
    I informed the person I was speaking to that I'd changed my mind and wasn't interested. AT A MINIMUM, I expect any company I work for to be interested in hiring quality people with real resumes that can pass an actual sit-down interview. I expect that company to make and keep appointments that involve at least writing down my name. This was the first and only "interview" I've ever walked out on.

This company is not interested in real people with real career goals; they'd use trained parrots chained to phones if they could.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Really did not get to know or understand my background and experience. Hiring Manager did most of the talking about what he had done to grow the organization. 1st and 2nd interview went about 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

Lack of communication from hiring manager. He waiting too long to present offer, I already took another position

Information Security Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2011.

Very laid back. they mainly wanted to know what i did at my current job and why i was leaving. i went in twice and was offered a job after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions. more about my personality.   Answer Question
    Aim high. they don't give raises. Ever!

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in February 2012.

Interview process was great, smooth, well communicated to. However HR and hiring managers are very disconnected, almost like they work for separate companies.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in August 2011.

Applicants take a personality test, a typing test, and receive a personal interview unless their personality test shows too many adverse ("red") test responses. Don't say anything that would make you look bbad. That would be stupid.

Interview Questions
    • "How can you earn a profit for my company?" This combines what they know about the company with what assets they would specifically bring to the job.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in March 2010.

The Hiring process is slow , the interviews are challenging in order to know that they are hiring the correct person for the correct position

Interview Questions
    • What are you most prod of your work in past/current jobs ?   View Answer
    Yes, check market price for salary and depending on the position you want (they will let you know how many are open) and go high.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Used basic behavioral interview questions

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in January 2012.

i was hired by the company as applied on the websoite company was good and i recrutmwnt was very easy to crack.

Director, Learning Services (Sales) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in September 2010.

I was referred by an internal employee from this particular group's services delivery organization. I interviewed with the hiring manager (VP of Sales), two internal support employees (pre-sales consulting and another Sales Director). After those interviews, my fourth and final interview was with the General Manager of the Division. The offer got hung up in a "hiring freeze" for a few weeks, which should have been a "heads up" to me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your prospecting process and how you will push business through the sales pipeline faster.   Answer Question
    After a week of waiting, I received an offer which I accepted. However, before it was "signed" by the SVP, General Manager, a hiring freeze was put on which delayed the signing of the offer. They asked if I could start in 30 days. I agreed and signed the agreements. So it took about 45 days start to finish just for this part of their process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montego Bay (Jamaica)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montego Bay (Jamaica)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in January 2014.

After I applied, it took a while to get called (about 2 months). Got called the day before interview and testing. Process took ALL day! Did a typing and audio test, then a short multiple choice from about 5 areas (customer service, english, maths, etc). The interview went well, both Interviewers were pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the questions but they were basic common sense. Just don't over-think.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.