Affiliated Computer Services

Updated 23 Nov 2014
Updated 23 Nov 2014

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

easy and didnt have to take alot of timeasy and didnt have to take alot of time doing anything to get the jobe doing anything to get the job
    easy and didnt have to take alot of time doing anything to get the job

Tier I Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in June 2014.

I submitted my resume at a Job Fair. Over two months later, I was contacted and asked to come in for an interview. I confirmed a time, the name of the person I'd be meeting with. At no point was I told anything I needed to bring or do beforehand... and I asked.
    When I arrived--pressed, dressed, and polished for what I though was an actual interview--there was no receptionist, just a small, gray DMV-style waiting room with a phone in the middle of a bare desk. Plastic chairs were filled with queuing people in sweats and backwards baseball caps hunched over clipboards. The locked door directed me to call to let them know I was there and informed me I'd be searched upon exit.
    As per the instructions, I called through. I reached the same person I'd talked to only 3 days prior, who didn't have my name or my resume. When I pressed for more information, it became clear that this was not an actual resume-based interview, and that they don't even conduct such interviews--probably because no such information is necessary to train a brainless script-follower.
    I informed the person I was speaking to that I'd changed my mind and wasn't interested. AT A MINIMUM, I expect any company I work for to be interested in hiring quality people with real resumes that can pass an actual sit-down interview. I expect that company to make and keep appointments that involve at least writing down my name. This was the first and only "interview" I've ever walked out on.

This company is not interested in real people with real career goals; they'd use trained parrots chained to phones if they could.

Recruiting Manager Greeley CO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in June 2014.

Two phone interviews; second with three leaders. I requested to reschedule first meeting by VM and email and no one responded. They told me they would make decision in two days. Several days passed and I left VM and email again to contact me via email. One week later I left a final email stating my opinion they were unprofessional and rude; would leave a Glassdoor review. Then the group leader responded saying she tried calling. I question it because my messages stated email was my only current option.

They had a second candidate interviewing in person. When I asked if I was disadvantaged by this I was told no. Everyone knows F2F candidates have an advantage. Rude; especially recruiting leaders doing this to candidates for a recruiting leader role. They communicate when they need to and leave you hanging.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Really did not get to know or understand my background and experience. Hiring Manager did most of the talking about what he had done to grow the organization. 1st and 2nd interview went about 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

Lack of communication from hiring manager. He waiting too long to present offer, I already took another position

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in April 2014.

Interview process was a breeze. Basically if they ask you to come in for an interview, you can assume you've got the job. They never made me feel uncomfortable, which is a first when it comes to interviews!

Interview Questions
    • This never happened, the only unexpected thing was how easy it was to get the job.   Answer Question

My current employer begged me to stay and I felt bed enough to do so.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Used basic behavioral interview questions

Senior Implementation Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

There was no interview\hire process. My Employer prior to ACS was ABC TV\Disney who outsoured their IT division. I was passed onto ACS Inc

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montego Bay (Jamaica)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montego Bay (Jamaica)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in January 2014.

After I applied, it took a while to get called (about 2 months). Got called the day before interview and testing. Process took ALL day! Did a typing and audio test, then a short multiple choice from about 5 areas (customer service, english, maths, etc). The interview went well, both Interviewers were pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the questions but they were basic common sense. Just don't over-think.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview included review of work history and questions regarding ability to work within both project teams and on solo engagements. The process itself included me responding to an advertisement, being screened by the recruiter over the phone, then flying to a project team site and interviewing with members of the project team and their leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe experience working with clients outside my specific industry   View Answer
    Negotiation was simple as I knew the parties involved from a time prior to my interview, and thus we trusted each other.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

I first had a telephone interview and then went to the Cherry Hill office and met with two ladies. The interview questions were standard questions, nothing out of the box. They didn't know what team I would be working on, the hours, my supervisor, nothing. They were just two individuals asked to interview people.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basic interview questions, describe a time, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.