Affinnova

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Affinnova in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied to Affinnova through my college career center. I got an email within a week to schedule a phone interview. They got back less than a week after the first phone call to invite me to Chicago for a second round in-office interview. The office has a great location (Willis Tower) and the people are quite warm. Gave us an IQ test for the first hour, followed by three 45-minute back-to-back interviews with Senior Analysts. The session ended with a brief one-on-one with a current AA. All in all, it was a good experience

Interview Question – Unexpected: why did you choose your childhood hobby and how did that help you in your college career?   Answer Question

Waltham, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Affinnova in March 2012.

Interview Details Applied online; got back to me within a week to set up a phone interview. Following the phone interview I was invited to interview onsite at headquarters in Waltham, MA. On-site interview consisted of an hour long IQ type written test, followed by two hour long one on one interviews.

Interview Question – IQ type test word scrambles   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Affinnova in February 2013.

Interview Details 1 step - Phone screening - I had a couple of behavioral questions and almost immediate invitation for the second round.
2 step - in person interview - 4 h interview (1h knowledge assessment -IQ test and 3h with 3 different hiring managers)
3 step -a phone call from an HR 5 days later saying that I didn't get the job because they decided to go with other more experienced candidates.

Interview Question – Explain how you designed surveys? You have to give them an answer from the perspective of a market researcher.   Answer Question

Waltham, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Affinnova in February 2012.

Interview Details I was warmly welcomed by a HR person who guided me to the IQ test taking room. The IQ tesr asked general mathematical and language questions, nothing too tricky. I then met with a Associate Analyst Manager and thought our conversation went well. The questions were mostly behavioral with the inclusion of two somewhat simple market research questions. Then I met with the HR hiring director, who was nice but a little unprofessional.

Interview Question – How would you calculate the amount of milk consumed in one year by Americans.   Answer Question

Boston, MA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Affinnova in March 2012.

Interview Details I submitted a resume online on a school careerboard and received a reply the next day with them wanting to schedule a phone interview.

What struck me as odd (and made me think they already had their candidates selected) was that the interviewer wanted to keep it brief because that was "the way she did these things." The interview was fairly straight forward and only focused on shallow vague questions like "describe yourself, what is you weakness, explain this on your resume..." When I asked about business process she went on for 15 minutes describing what the research department does, which was interesting but I got the vibe that my analytic talents would be wasted there (considering the lack of prerequisite technical skills on job posting, I bet this is a job someone who has never taken precalc could do.) I had a few more questions and then the interviewer said that she had to go and abruptly cut me off.

Though I am not really surprised. I really didn't expect much from market research/analytics firms after interviewing with some lead statisticians at a supposedly cutting edge firm who said that they only really do summary statistics.

Interview Question – What is t he greatest weakness?   View Answers (2)

Waltham, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Affinnova in February 2011.

Interview Details After a phone screen, I was brought in, took a iq-like test, then met with several people mostly from the research team that I had applied to join. Nice people and casual atmosphere, you can tell by the questions they asked that they we're trying to see if you we're ready to be worked hard, and after reading the reviews here, I can see why. No curve ball / trickery in my opinion, just a straight forward interview.

Odd note: I was in the restroom during a break and someone (looked like a recent grad) saw I was interviewing and asked what position it was for. After I told, it was suggested that I "save myself the trouble" - that kind of put me off for the rest of the interview but maybe I did "save myself the trouble".

Interview Question – What are you looking to get our of your career here?   View Answer

Waltham, MA (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Affinnova in February 2011.

Interview Details I applied for the Associate Analyst position on my university's career center website in January. About a week later, I was contacted by a member of HR and asked to come in for a three-hour interview that would consist of a one-hour skills test and two 1-to-1 interviews. The test consisted of logic and simple math questions, and I found most of it to be fairly easy. That day, I also met with two younger members of the company who were very nice and informative. It seemed like they really loved working at Affinnova, and the only negative thing I heard about was long hours.

Two days after my first interview, I received an email from HR inviting for a second interview the next week. This time, there was no test, just two interviews with senior managers. Again, I felt these interviews went well and I had an overall good feeling about my chances. As I was leaving, the HR person said I should hear by the end of the week (it was a Wednesday).

I didn't hear anything that week, and the next Monday I sent an email asking about the status of my application. Got a response saying that they had decided to extend the interview process and that they would get back to me in mid-March. A little annoying, but okay. Then things start to get busy with work and school, and I'm not thinking too much about Affinnova. Suddenly, it's the end of March and I still haven't heard anything. I email HR again and they tell me they decided to move ahead with other candidates. I can't say I wasn't disappointed.

Interview Question – Describe a project a group project you worked on for a class or another job. How did you divide the workload?   View Answer

Associate Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Affinnova in February 2011.

Interview Details Phone Interview followed by a 1 on 1. There was a skills test that consisted of some logic questions and word-puzzles. Then two interviews. Overall normal-style questions. No trick questions. The people were very friendly and the place seems to have a great atmosphere.

Interview Question – What do you know about Marketing research?   View Answers (2)

Waltham, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Affinnova in February 2011.

Interview Details I found this position on my university's internal website and they called me in for an interview a couple weeks after I applied. I interviewed at their Waltham, MA, office for 3 hours. First they had me take a skills test, then I interviewed with two members of senior management individually. I left the building feeling really good about my chances, until I got an e-mail a few days later saying my interviews went well but they decided to go with a better-suited candidate. I am not really sure why I was not chosen, but I think maybe I was not enough of an over-achiever for them (outside of the classroom) or I did not do well enough on the skills test.

Interview Question – What is my least favorite class   Answer Question

Worked for Affinnova? Contribute to the Community!