Allstate Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr 2015
Updated 12 Apr 2015

2.7

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule an interview with a recruiter about a week later. After a twenty minute interview with the recruiter, I scheduled an hour interview with human resources managers at my local allstate office. The entire process took about 8 weeks for me, but I think its because it is recruiting season.

Interview Questions

• Explain your resume.
    What's your greatest achievement?
    Give an example where you came up with something on the fly.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL (US)).

Interview

I was recruited for the LDP position through a career resources fair on-campus. After the initial first-round interview, I was invited to HQ in Northbrook for a day of final round interviews. The initial interview was pretty straight forward, mostly behavioral questions about my leadership experiences in college. The thing with Allstate is that they really base their hiring decisions for this program on personality and culture fit. I thought the first interview was harder than the final round. The final round day consisted of two interviews, a group Q&A session with current LDP's, a tour of the facility and lunch with current LDP's. It was a pretty laid-back experience. They said I would hear back from them by the following Wednesday (it was a Friday), but I never heard back. I emailed the recruiter several times before she finally let me know that they had chosen someone else for the position (2 weeks later).

Interview Questions

• If we were to put you in a rotation that you had no background or experience in, how would handle that placement?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I got an email the day after submitting my application online with an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview took place about a week later. It consisted mostly of me talking about my leadership and work experiences during college. The interviewer praised my leadership abilities and experiences, only for me to receive an email the day after saying I was no longer being considered for the program.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly about leadership experiences during college   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

The initial Hiring process was by far the hardest part of the entire situation. From the start at the career fair, you have to really stand out and make a great impression. If your credentials (coming right out of college) aren't great, chances are you probably won't get picked. With that being said, I found that if the HR recruiter likes you, the work you've done, and you show obvious signs of leadership at the career fair, you've gotten through the hardest part in the process. I interviewed with HR twice, got a call back a couple of weeks later (grueling, but be patient) and went to HQ to interview with 2 senior managers. The trick is (everyone says this) be yourself. If you aren't comfortable with this, it will show, and your interview is probably going to be terrible. You were picked because of your character and abilities, don't change just to sound right at an interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I'm not sure I negotiated. To reiterate, I was coming out of college, and was offered a fairly decent salary that was difficult to turn away from. I wouldn't recommend it.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Allstate in October 2013.

Interview

Process began with an on-campus interview shortly after career fair. It was essentially a 45 minute 3 on 1 grilling of behavioral questions. Since it is their Leadership Development Program, they want to see examples of how you were a leader. You should have a bunch of examples at your disposal about how you've been a leader and really made an impact. Though the program mandates you have a 3.5, they'll gladly take somebody with a 3.5 or 3.6 and those really good leadership traits over someone with a 3.7 or 3.8. Second round was at the office in Northbrook where they were more trying to sell Allstate to you, only had 2 20 minute interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, entry level position

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Allstate recruits heavily at some colleges for their leadership development program. First step is a short interview using BDA style. You should have several examples of real-world experience that you can apply to a number of different questions fresh in your head before heading into the interview. They are looking for people with lots of recent work/internship experience, so don't bother applying if you have neither.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a group you were a part of was not functioning properly - how did you respond?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate in December 2012.

Interview

I interviewed on campus by stopping by the career fair. Allstate had a booth set up with a few individuals who were currently in the Leadership Development Program (LDP). I asked one of the individuals if they had any opportunities for BBA students and they informed be about the LDP program.

Within 5 minutes they asked if they could sign me up for an interview the following morning and penciled me into their calendar.

The next morning I interviewed with 2 Allstate employees (1 LDP and 1 non-LDP). The interview lasted ~45 minutes and consisted of 3-5 behavioral interview questions ("tell me about a time when..."). At the end of the interview I was asked if I was available in 30 minutes for an additional interview.

30 minutes later I returned to another interviewing room (on campus) and interviewed with a very nice middle-aged man. That interview lasted 5-10 minutes and ended up being the final screening for me to get an offer.

The gentleman obviously approved of me and I was offered the position 2 days later.

I had 2 weeks to decide to accept or reject the offer. Every LDP starts at $55,000 (except the TLDP's) so there is no negotiation possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with differing opinions to get your point across.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Every LDP starts at $55,000. TLDP's (Technology LDP) start closer to $60,000 but I'm not positive on that number.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process started from college. I met at a college fair and then went on to have a phone interview and then an in person interview at their office outside of Chicago. Nice people and pretty basic interviews regading your resume, the company, and why you want the job.