Altera Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr 2015

3.1

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 1 hour long interview focus on technical questions and problem solving skill. Need to face few interviewer at the same time to prepare to explain technical answer on paper. There is no IQ test involved.

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview process goes well. I was asked questions on my project experience, and evaluate myself on software programming.... Surprisingly the hiring manager ask two questions on puzzle sovling questions which is pretty interesting to solve. people over there is nice and smart but I feel the interview process is kind of a rush.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Very typical interview process, phone interview followed by in-person interview. I met with four interviewers onsite. Two of them are very junior and the other two are not pleasant at all. They seem to be very busy, not prepared, and rush through everything.
    It could be worse, I have been to worse interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you do if <fill in the blanks situation>?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Altera.

Interview

The whole interview is around 1 and half hour. The interview question is more or less starting from telling me about yourself. And why you want to join in our company. Also, why you choose this position which is not matched with your degree major.

Test Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Altera in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call in about a week. The interview was simple. Interviewer seemed friendly and asked a lot of basic questions. More concerned about doing an on-site interview since I was not in San Jose at the time. Missed out because of the same reason too.

Interview Questions

• 1.How do you implement a binary counter using a flip flop?
      2. Questions about setup and hold time

Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Altera.

Interview

The first round of interview had two sessions: hardware and software. Generally, there are 3-4 rounds of interviews before the final offer is made. Hardware questions dealt with basic digital design concepts (timing, design of counters). Software questions dealt with algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Design of a Gray counter, Setup and Hold time violation conditions in a circuit given.   Answer Question

R&D IC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altera.

Interview

I applied the position through online recruitment from the official website. Took 2-3 weeks for them to call back and arrange interview. I have gone through two interviews (R&D IC design engineer and IP design engineer) on two different dates. After one week I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty simple, mostly on getting to know about you, mostly things on the resume.

Technical questions were those typical ones, like define set up time and hold time, define PMOS and NMOS

Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The position is an entry level role that is a rotation between Sales, Marketing, and Technical services. An initial phone screen about general interests followed an on site interview with individuals from Marketing and Applications Engineering. Questions were limited to feelers about my personality, interests, and thought process. Not satisfied with my evaluation, they called me in again for another on site to interview with more members of the Applications Engineering team.

Interview Questions

• Questions from projects, PLL, general coding, and aptitude.   Answer Question

IC Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

The work will be related to primarily with the design and verification engineer on block-level and subsystem-level verification, with possible exposure to some design and synthesis work as well. So the interview for me was more about my academic projects which involved in Designing of 5 stage MIPS processor and design of DMA controller and High performance Multiplier.

Interview Questions

• Designing a Pipelined processor   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied in the university career fair, and got the phone interview several weeks later. There were two rounds to recruit applicants. During the interview the recruiter talked about some general works to be done during the internship, and asked several technical questions to check my qualifications. Because I did not behave that well, I was rejected a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a finite state machine by Verilog HDL and C language   Answer Question