Amazon.com Intern Interview Questions

Updated 4 Jun 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Interview

The interviewer straight up asked to solve coding questions and didn't give any time for introductions or discussing about what I'd done. He was typing something on the laptop the whole time and was very slow in responding to questions, he was almost oblivious to the fact that I was sitting in front of him and trying to tell him something. He chucked aside any alternate solutions I gave to him and wanted me to come up with the exact algorithm he wanted.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through my college or university in July 2014, the company came to the campus and the selection process consisted of multiple rounds.
    Internship interview details:
    First Round:
    It consisted of an online test including aptitude and technical(coding). The test had 22 questions on C, C++, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Data Structures and logical and quantitative ability. There were two coding questions also which had to be coded in either C,C++ or Java.
    Second and further rounds consisted of technical and HR interviews by the company.
    The duration of the internship was from six months to an year.

Interview Questions

• The coding questions were of medium difficulty level and one of them demanded to write the balancing code snippet for a binary tree to check whether it is balanced or not.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Hyderābād) in October 2013.

Interview

4 rounds
    1. jam
    2. technical
    3.technical
    4. managers round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vāranāsi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Vāranāsi) in September 2013.

Interview

Amazon written
    20 mcq on basics of c,os,networking+ 2 coding (left view,rotate a matrix by 90 degree)

Interview(round-1)
    1.you have to find p,q of matrix p*q
    such that it fill n elements(n given)
    Such that
    a) matrix should be nearest to a square matrix and
    b) 0<=((p*q)-n)<=2

2. zig-zag traversal of tree

3.you are given an array of length k and it have numbers from 0 to n (where k>>>n) in O(k) time and no extra space find occurrences of each element in O(k) time only

ROUND-2
    1. You are given row and column wise sorted matrix you have to find and delete an element such that it is still sorted in O(n) time
    2. Find if sum of any 2 elements in an array equal to k in O(n) time using extra space
    3.In a bst to every element add sum of elements greater than it.

Interview Questions

• 1.you are given an array of length k and it have numbers from 0 to n (where k>>>n) in O(k) time and no extra space find occurrences of each element in O(k) time only

2. You are given row and column wise sorted matrix you have to find and delete an element such that it is still sorted in O(n) time

Intern Interview

Interview

i had a telephonic interview which basically included question related to unix operating system some on java and a few on sql...

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview

First round was an mcq round having questions from: Quantitative aptitude, c, c++, java, operating system and 2 coding questions.
    Second round was technical interview: questions on arrays, linked list and trees were asked.
    Third round: it was hr round. typical hr questions were asked

Intern Interview

Interview

first round- 25 questions in 1:30hrs including 2 coding ques hosted by interviewstreet
    second round- telephonic interview in which there was 3 coding ques we were supposed to dictate the code for the given questions.
    third round- telephonic interview same as the second round only the ques were bit tough.

Interview Questions

• i made it till 2nd round, the 3 coding ques were-
      1- find if the given BT is BST
      2- replace every element of a BT with the sum of its inorder successors
      3- every element in an array occurs twice except 1, find the number

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Hyderābād).

Interview

3 phone screens

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they gave me what I expected

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Mumbai) in September 2012.

Interview

On-campus interviews for the post of intern at Amazon India.
    Started with a combined technical/aptitude online test. Followed by a paper-coding round where the selected students were supposed to code two algorithms on paper.
    Selected students were interviewed by the recruiters. Some of the recruiters were quite unprofessional and themselves lacked knowledge regarding some basic algorithm questions. I personally know some students who suffered because they submitted an optimal solution and suffered because the recruiter failed to understand it. That's what happens in paper-coding.

Interview Questions

• Zig-zag traversal in a BST. I know it's a standard question but I wasn't aware of it and couldn't come up with a good enough answer in the interview round.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in June 2015.

Interview

Everything was happening very quickly. I sent my CV and motivation letter and I was contacted back in two hours to arrange a phone interview. First one was with the HR girl, she seemed robotic on the phone, asked some basic questions: tell me about yourself, why amazon, what languages do you speak, etc. Next interview was with the manager. She shortly told about herself and then I had to talk a lot about myself. There were three situational questions where you have to tell a situation and elaborate on what you did using STAR method.
    Later that day I got an invitation to an assessment day to Luxembourg. They covered the expenses. There were three interviews with different managers and an Excel test. All questions were the same about situations in the past, and Excel - all kinds of formulas.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your previous experiences in internships, your studies.
      How do you evaluate your Excel skills from 1 to 10.
      When was the last time you used Excel?
      Why do you want to work in Amazon?
      What languages do you speak?
      When are you scheduled to graduate?
      Would you be ok to move to Luxembourg?
      What Amazon leadership values can you relate to?
      What was your biggest achievement?
      Tell me about a situation when you went above and beyond the call of duty for the customer.
      Tell me about the time when you took an initiative that was not your responsibility.
      Tell me about the time when you persuaded the team to keep going instead of settling with the initial plan.