Amazon.com Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

Customer Service Associate (Seller Support) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

On seeing an online I went to amazon office in Hyderabad, have to admit the selection process was quiet tough.
    Process:
    Total 8 rounds:
    1. Written(Basic grammar)
    2. Personal Intro
    3. Listening & Typing (Versant)
    4. Listening & speaking (Versant telephonic round)
    5. Written (e-mail, aptitude, English, customer service test cases)
    6. HR Round
    The first 5 rounds took place on the first day and as they said they called me the next day to come to their office and give the interview the day after, after going there I got to know that there is a HR and an operations round and as it is getting late only HR round took place for 30- 45 minutes instead of both.

Interview Questions
    • The questions from the HR are based on your experience, as I was a fresher she asked me the following questions. The HR seems to be a very nice lady.
      1. Why amazon?
      2. Where do u see yourself after certain span of time?
      3. Do you have any backlogs?
      4. What do you know about customer service?
      --- I didn't answer as I knew nothing. So to make me answer this she asked me the following.
      5. What do you expect when you go to a restaurant?
      --- As I answered this question she asked me to relate the answer with the 4th question.
      and some customer scenarios.
      6. How long will you stay with us?
        Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

1 Telephonic round, 5 F2F discussions.
    1st F2F was with hiring manager :- From a 2D array of 1s and 0s find the sets of 1s, Project discussion, Design questions and Behavioral questions
    2nd F2F to 4th F2F was technical
    5th F2F was Design round from another team

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult just that need to think about design problems thoroughly   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Not cleared written because of no criteria predefined how students will be selected.A person doing 20/20 fails and one with 12/20 passes.On asking seniors we found that it always did the same every year.

Interview Questions
    • Sort an array with only operation allowed as reversing 0 to i index elements.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

First round was an mcq round having questions from: Quantitative aptitude, c, c++, java, operating system and 2 coding questions.
    Second round was technical interview: questions on arrays, linked list and trees were asked.
    Third round: it was hr round. typical hr questions were asked

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

firstly they took a online test conducted through hackerrank and then 25 students were shortlisted ..then two technical iinterview rounds were there...... they questiojns regarding trees, algorithms, sortings questions, operating system.... interview was really nice and goes very smoothly if u know most of the things

Interview Questions
    • they askes me a puzzle of bouncing ball and 100 buildings problem   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interviewer straight up asked to solve coding questions and didn't give any time for introductions or discussing about what I'd done. He was typing something on the laptop the whole time and was very slow in responding to questions, he was almost oblivious to the fact that I was sitting in front of him and trying to tell him something. He chucked aside any alternate solutions I gave to him and wanted me to come up with the exact algorithm he wanted.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2011.

There were 4 rounds
     1.Self Introduction among all participants
     2. Versant test(non verbal)
     3. Mock customer service chat
     4. HR

All they want is confident person who can speak english fluently. A good typing speed will end you in chat position or else you'll offered email support.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a scenario when you were really happy with the customer support   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2011.

i contacted my friend who was working in amazon and he referred my name in the employee referral program. i got a call to attend an interview after one week.i attended the group discussion and i got through. they are looking at people with good communication skills. we have to be clear in our speech. then i took up an aptitude test. its a pretty easy test. once we clear the aptitude test. they called me back again for 2 rounds of interview and they also check your written communication. they ask you to write a business letter. then there are two rounds of interview. one round is all about H.R and the next is to test your logical thinking. the logical round can be very tricky.

Interview Questions
    • There are 25 horses and five tracks. There is no stop clock and we have to find the top 5 horses in the bunch. What is the minimum possible races ?   View Answers (2)
    • In how many ways can we put numbers 1 to 9 without repeating in a 3*3 matrix,so that the sum of all elements in any row and column and diagonal is 15   Answer Question
    no negotiation happened since i was a fresher during that time, had no idea about negotiation

Catalogue Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coimbatore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

There were 5 rounds in the hiring process

1. The first one was extempore talk. They gave us a topic and we had to speak for a minute. English fluency is tested through this round.

2. The second was aptitude test. The focus was on verbal and logical reasoning. The questions were very easy.

3. Third round was essay writing.

4. Fourth round was one to one with HR. It was something like a personal interview. They checked the confidence level, english fluency and one's capability.

5. Fifth round was again another 1 to 1 HR interview, where few logical questions were asked.

Software Development Engineer Interview

4 rounds coding round 2 technical rounds sam questions process threads DBMS General Conputer skills and covered every subject netwroking and operating system. HR interview mostly concerned about projects and how and what was ypoure contributioion

Interview Questions
    • 1st coding techinical technical technical   View Answer

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!