Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated 28 Sep 2014
4,944 Interview Reviews

3.3

Transaction Risk Investigator Interview

One face to face interview they basically want to test your speaking skills.
    Written english test. They check your grammar.
    An online logical test.

Personal interview... Easy. Friendly HR.
    Easy process.
    One should be good in english.... Especially grammar.

Interview Questions
    • Please make sure that you want to relocate   View Answer

I could not move. Salary was less.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

it consisted of four rounds. first was HR round where we were asked to talk about ourselves. then we had an online assessment which was logical and had to basically stick to the rules set and not think in a regular manner. then it was a voice and accent test. final round was with the operations manger who was quite cool and also went well.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Very tough and a long process. There were 7 rounds in total. 5 rounds in a single day. The questions were tough but very perspective in nature. They were keen on understanding the thought process rather than exact answer per se.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question as such. The questions were relevant.   Answer Question

The role which was offered didn't suit my requirements

Customer Service Associate (Seller Support) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

On seeing an online I went to amazon office in Hyderabad, have to admit the selection process was quiet tough.
    Process:
    Total 8 rounds:
    1. Written(Basic grammar)
    2. Personal Intro
    3. Listening & Typing (Versant)
    4. Listening & speaking (Versant telephonic round)
    5. Written (e-mail, aptitude, English, customer service test cases)
    6. HR Round
    The first 5 rounds took place on the first day and as they said they called me the next day to come to their office and give the interview the day after, after going there I got to know that there is a HR and an operations round and as it is getting late only HR round took place for 30- 45 minutes instead of both.

Interview Questions
    • The questions from the HR are based on your experience, as I was a fresher she asked me the following questions. The HR seems to be a very nice lady.
      1. Why amazon?
      2. Where do u see yourself after certain span of time?
      3. Do you have any backlogs?
      4. What do you know about customer service?
      --- I didn't answer as I knew nothing. So to make me answer this she asked me the following.
      5. What do you expect when you go to a restaurant?
      --- As I answered this question she asked me to relate the answer with the 4th question.
      and some customer scenarios.
      6. How long will you stay with us?
        Answer Question

Customer Service Associate (Non Voice) Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

The most funny and Time-Wasting Interview process I have ever faced in my life time. I have applied for non-voice customer service associate position. First round was HR round - cleared, Second round was Grammer test - cleared, Third round was Versant Written - cleared and then the most funny final round - I really did not understand why they have asked unrelated questions for 30 min. and rejected saying the reason - speaking skills are not up to the mark. I know my speaking skills are not up to the mark so I applied for Non-Voice. They have screened my written skills that are actually required for the job and I have cleared all those rounds and in the final round they have screened me for my speaking skills and rejected me -TOO FUNNY. If speaking skills are so important for NON-VOICE, they can simply screen the speaking skills in the first round itself and filter. But no one can say or do anything because it is one of the top MNCs.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Not cleared written because of no criteria predefined how students will be selected.A person doing 20/20 fails and one with 12/20 passes.On asking seniors we found that it always did the same every year.

Interview Questions
    • Sort an array with only operation allowed as reversing 0 to i index elements.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interviewer straight up asked to solve coding questions and didn't give any time for introductions or discussing about what I'd done. He was typing something on the laptop the whole time and was very slow in responding to questions, he was almost oblivious to the fact that I was sitting in front of him and trying to tell him something. He chucked aside any alternate solutions I gave to him and wanted me to come up with the exact algorithm he wanted.

Catalog Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

first round will be an group discussion where everyone well be given an opportunity to speak it well be easy.Then you have to undergo two manager rounds where you well be asked to write an essay and the first manager round you well be question about the essay you had written and next well be analytically or logical reasoning or both it depends on the interviewer.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

First was Written Test which includes three questions :-
    1. Adding two linked list
    2. Calculate the length of longest palindrome in linked list
    Third question i don't remember very much.

But It was quite nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • As I was unable to qualfy written test so no chance of asking questions.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

1 Telephonic round, 5 F2F discussions.
    1st F2F was with hiring manager :- From a 2D array of 1s and 0s find the sets of 1s, Project discussion, Design questions and Behavioral questions
    2nd F2F to 4th F2F was technical
    5th F2F was Design round from another team

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult just that need to think about design problems thoroughly   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!