Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
4,676 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate (Seller Support) Interview

Customer Service Associate (Seller Support)
Hyderābād

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Interview Details On seeing an online I went to amazon office in Hyderabad, have to admit the selection process was quiet tough.
Process:
Total 8 rounds:
1. Written(Basic grammar)
2. Personal Intro
3. Listening & Typing (Versant)
4. Listening & speaking (Versant telephonic round)
5. Written (e-mail, aptitude, English, customer service test cases)
6. HR Round
The first 5 rounds took place on the first day and as they said they called me the next day to come to their office and give the interview the day after, after going there I got to know that there is a HR and an operations round and as it is getting late only HR round took place for 30- 45 minutes instead of both.

Interview Question – The questions from the HR are based on your experience, as I was a fresher she asked me the following questions. The HR seems to be a very nice lady.
1. Why amazon?
2. Where do u see yourself after certain span of time?
3. Do you have any backlogs?
4. What do you know about customer service?
--- I didn't answer as I knew nothing. So to make me answer this she asked me the following.
5. What do you expect when you go to a restaurant?
--- As I answered this question she asked me to relate the answer with the 4th question.
and some customer scenarios.
6. How long will you stay with us?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Catalogue Associate Interview

Catalogue Associate
Coimbatore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Interview Details There were 5 rounds in the hiring process

1. The first one was extempore talk. They gave us a topic and we had to speak for a minute. English fluency is tested through this round.

2. The second was aptitude test. The focus was on verbal and logical reasoning. The questions were very easy.

3. Third round was essay writing.

4. Fourth round was one to one with HR. It was something like a personal interview. They checked the confidence level, english fluency and one's capability.

5. Fifth round was again another 1 to 1 HR interview, where few logical questions were asked.

Interview Question – Nothing. The questions were very easy.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Software Development Engineer I
Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Interview Details I din't reach the interview round. I was not able to clear the first round mainly because of online coding as I was not in touch of that.
Other then that there were 20 MCQ which were pretty basic concepts of DS and algorithms.
So do prepare on an online coding site like code chef,hacker rank

Interview Question – Online coding question : Do the vertical sum of all the axis.   Answer Question

SDE-1 Interview

SDE-1
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2012.

Interview Details Campus Hire - presentation - online exam - two rounds - round 1 on C,C++ round 2 on Coding
Short List , Group Discussion of Prog Questions, 80 minutes long interview and good to go. Offer was made. HR interaction

Interview Question – What did you do in your college fest? That was the last question I expected from Amazon.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Technical Account Manager
Chennai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Briefly exchanged the role / requirements and previous experience and skill sets. Analytic and behavioral questions that supports the ideology of companies leadership principles. Recco would be - Just be you in your response.

Interview Question – Usual program management questiosn   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Chennai

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Interview Details the interview process was having 5 rounds.in first round the took written test which had programming question and scripting based programming question.in scripting question you can use any script language like Perl, python,shell to write programs.second round was problem solving and coding round,in which they asked data stc and puzzles.
third round was scripting and troubleshooting round ,where they asked 6-8 programming qs to check expertise in your favorite programming language and your thought process to solve problems.fourth round was managerial,where he asked puzzles and some real time production problems (avg) .fifth round was of cross managerial round ,he asked about previous project work in details and some tricky coding question.

so overall it was enjoyable for me and level of difficulty was not too difficult but not average.

Interview Question – they asked me about my difference with my current manager,so i was surprised.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details I applied through my college or university in July 2014, the company came to the campus and the selection process consisted of multiple rounds.
Internship interview details:
First Round:
It consisted of an online test including aptitude and technical(coding). The test had 22 questions on C, C++, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Data Structures and logical and quantitative ability. There were two coding questions also which had to be coded in either C,C++ or Java.
Second and further rounds consisted of technical and HR interviews by the company.
The duration of the internship was from six months to an year.

Interview Question – The coding questions were of medium difficulty level and one of them demanded to write the balancing code snippet for a binary tree to check whether it is balanced or not.   Answer Question

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Senior Business Development Manager
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details Very very long and tedious hiring process. Interviewers were great and asked relevant questions. They just need to condense their hiring process so that the candidates do not have to wait for long

Interview Question – Business Case   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer I Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer I
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2010.

Interview Details This was a walkin event and it took the whole day to complete the interviews.
I got the interview results in about 7 days. After that there was alot of documentation.
No negotiations as the offer was good.
There was quite some rounds for the interview --- asked about testing and coding rounds were also there

Interview Question – Seven Rounds --- QA rounds 3, 1 coding, 1 manager round, 1 br round
Coding was the toughest
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Offer was quite tempting :)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Got a call from HR dept , arrived office on a week ends and had the first round. they are looking for pure algorithms experts. i am very good in java language but their expectation is on algorithms which i cant do much better.. any its worth to try

Interview Question – write a program which will to get all the values from a binery tree. i may be simple but i nevered brushed up   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!