Amazon.com

Updated 14 Dec 2014
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

it consisted of four rounds. first was HR round where we were asked to talk about ourselves. then we had an online assessment which was logical and had to basically stick to the rules set and not think in a regular manner. then it was a voice and accent test. final round was with the operations manger who was quite cool and also went well.

Software Engineer Interview

An online test was conducted. there were around 20 mcqs based on c and c++. 2 coding questions were also there. then very few students were selected for the interview round. questions based on data structures were asked. the entire procedure took two days and you have a better chance of placement if your relative or friend is working there.

Interview Questions
    • all the inputs for the coding question were given in the form of string.   Answer Question

Transaction Risk Investigator Interview

One face to face interview they basically want to test your speaking skills.
    Written english test. They check your grammar.
    An online logical test.

Personal interview... Easy. Friendly HR.
    Easy process.
    One should be good in english.... Especially grammar.

Interview Questions

I could not move. Salary was less.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Very tough and a long process. There were 7 rounds in total. 5 rounds in a single day. The questions were tough but very perspective in nature. They were keen on understanding the thought process rather than exact answer per se.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question as such. The questions were relevant.   Answer Question

The role which was offered didn't suit my requirements

Customer Service Associate (Non Voice) Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

The most funny and Time-Wasting Interview process I have ever faced in my life time. I have applied for non-voice customer service associate position. First round was HR round - cleared, Second round was Grammer test - cleared, Third round was Versant Written - cleared and then the most funny final round - I really did not understand why they have asked unrelated questions for 30 min. and rejected saying the reason - speaking skills are not up to the mark. I know my speaking skills are not up to the mark so I applied for Non-Voice. They have screened my written skills that are actually required for the job and I have cleared all those rounds and in the final round they have screened me for my speaking skills and rejected me -TOO FUNNY. If speaking skills are so important for NON-VOICE, they can simply screen the speaking skills in the first round itself and filter. But no one can say or do anything because it is one of the top MNCs.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

Amazon HR got my resume for one of the job portals and they contacted me for this job requirement. They had planned for a Face-to-Face interviews with few selected candidates in our City. I was been informed that there would be 3 technical rounds and if got selected we'll be called onsite for few more rounds. The first round was general problem solving round. The interviewer asked me 2 problems: 1) Given a array and a sum, find all the pairs in the array which have the given sum. 2) Given a BST you need to identify swapped nodes

Interview Questions
    • 1) Given a array and a sum, find all the pairs in the array which have the given sum. 2) Given a BST you need to identify swapped nodes   View Answers (3)

Customer Service Associate (Seller Support) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

On seeing an online I went to amazon office in Hyderabad, have to admit the selection process was quiet tough.
    Process:
    Total 8 rounds:
    1. Written(Basic grammar)
    2. Personal Intro
    3. Listening & Typing (Versant)
    4. Listening & speaking (Versant telephonic round)
    5. Written (e-mail, aptitude, English, customer service test cases)
    6. HR Round
    The first 5 rounds took place on the first day and as they said they called me the next day to come to their office and give the interview the day after, after going there I got to know that there is a HR and an operations round and as it is getting late only HR round took place for 30- 45 minutes instead of both.

Interview Questions
    • The questions from the HR are based on your experience, as I was a fresher she asked me the following questions. The HR seems to be a very nice lady.
      1. Why amazon?
      2. Where do u see yourself after certain span of time?
      3. Do you have any backlogs?
      4. What do you know about customer service?
      --- I didn't answer as I knew nothing. So to make me answer this she asked me the following.
      5. What do you expect when you go to a restaurant?
      --- As I answered this question she asked me to relate the answer with the 4th question.
      and some customer scenarios.
      6. How long will you stay with us?

Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Not cleared written because of no criteria predefined how students will be selected.A person doing 20/20 fails and one with 12/20 passes.On asking seniors we found that it always did the same every year.

Interview Questions
    • Sort an array with only operation allowed as reversing 0 to i index elements.   View Answer

Intern Interview

The interviewer straight up asked to solve coding questions and didn't give any time for introductions or discussing about what I'd done. He was typing something on the laptop the whole time and was very slow in responding to questions, he was almost oblivious to the fact that I was sitting in front of him and trying to tell him something. He chucked aside any alternate solutions I gave to him and wanted me to come up with the exact algorithm he wanted.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

First was Written Test which includes three questions :-
    1. Adding two linked list
    2. Calculate the length of longest palindrome in linked list
    Third question i don't remember very much.

But It was quite nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • As I was unable to qualfy written test so no chance of asking questions.   Answer Question