Amazon.com Interview Questions

4,888 Interview Reviews

3.3

Customer Service Associate (Seller Support) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

On seeing an online I went to amazon office in Hyderabad, have to admit the selection process was quiet tough.
    Process:
    Total 8 rounds:
    1. Written(Basic grammar)
    2. Personal Intro
    3. Listening & Typing (Versant)
    4. Listening & speaking (Versant telephonic round)
    5. Written (e-mail, aptitude, English, customer service test cases)
    6. HR Round
    The first 5 rounds took place on the first day and as they said they called me the next day to come to their office and give the interview the day after, after going there I got to know that there is a HR and an operations round and as it is getting late only HR round took place for 30- 45 minutes instead of both.

Interview Questions
    • The questions from the HR are based on your experience, as I was a fresher she asked me the following questions. The HR seems to be a very nice lady.
      1. Why amazon?
      2. Where do u see yourself after certain span of time?
      3. Do you have any backlogs?
      4. What do you know about customer service?
      --- I didn't answer as I knew nothing. So to make me answer this she asked me the following.
      5. What do you expect when you go to a restaurant?
      --- As I answered this question she asked me to relate the answer with the 4th question.
      and some customer scenarios.
      6. How long will you stay with us?
        Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

I applied through a staffing agency for SDET I position, Telephonic interview was conducted. As I was not aware of Amazon process much I couldn't prepare well. I got call from SDET II on scheduled time.

She started asking about my current project, role in my project and difficulties I faced in that project.Then she gave me string problem, I had to write a method which should return count of numbers.

EX: Input "AABC32DE4P%@23Pu" output should be 32+4+23 = 59

I explained an algorithm to solve this, She asked me to it, I coded in Java. I took little extra time to fine tune it.

Then she asked me to write some test cases to test the above function, I gave around 10 test cases.

After this round I got mail saying I got rejected. I felt lack of preparation and awareness about interview process reasons for rejection.

Interview Questions
    • Not a difficult one but due to lack of practice I took more time to solve it.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Very tough and a long process. There were 7 rounds in total. 5 rounds in a single day. The questions were tough but very perspective in nature. They were keen on understanding the thought process rather than exact answer per se.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question as such. The questions were relevant.   Answer Question

The role which was offered didn't suit my requirements

Transaction Risk Investigator Interview

One face to face interview they basically want to test your speaking skills.
    Written english test. They check your grammar.
    An online logical test.

Personal interview... Easy. Friendly HR.
    Easy process.
    One should be good in english.... Especially grammar.

Interview Questions
    • Please make sure that you want to relocate   View Answer

I could not move. Salary was less.

Customer Service Associate (Non Voice) Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

The most funny and Time-Wasting Interview process I have ever faced in my life time. I have applied for non-voice customer service associate position. First round was HR round - cleared, Second round was Grammer test - cleared, Third round was Versant Written - cleared and then the most funny final round - I really did not understand why they have asked unrelated questions for 30 min. and rejected saying the reason - speaking skills are not up to the mark. I know my speaking skills are not up to the mark so I applied for Non-Voice. They have screened my written skills that are actually required for the job and I have cleared all those rounds and in the final round they have screened me for my speaking skills and rejected me -TOO FUNNY. If speaking skills are so important for NON-VOICE, they can simply screen the speaking skills in the first round itself and filter. But no one can say or do anything because it is one of the top MNCs.

FinOps Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

Communication from HR via E-mail. Interview of 5 rounds. PIR&GD, Typing Test, 3 Operational Rounds(Ops rounds are the most difficult I have ever attended).
    In Ops round they ask core finance questions along with some basics, brush up of all the basics and some core topics like Ratios is a must.

Interview Questions
    • It is for temporary 1yr. contract basis job, the senior manager asked why was there a need to join a temporary (internship as they call) job when you are done with your Master's.   Answer Question

Catalog Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

first round will be an group discussion where everyone well be given an opportunity to speak it well be easy.Then you have to undergo two manager rounds where you well be asked to write an essay and the first manager round you well be question about the essay you had written and next well be analytically or logical reasoning or both it depends on the interviewer.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

First round contains 15 MCQ's and 2 coding questions.There were around 250 candidates out of which 42 were selected for the 2nd round. The second round contained 1:1 personal Technical interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

it took three days and there three rounds written test technical interview and hr interview. written is easy and technical is tough and Hr is friendly and kind and technical interview can go up to one hour
    they concentrate more on linked list and data structures in c and ask questions on java and dbms

Interview Questions
    • technical interview is really tough and amazon stands in top 20 toughest interviews in world so prepare well before attending to an interview   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

1 Telephonic round, 5 F2F discussions.
    1st F2F was with hiring manager :- From a 2D array of 1s and 0s find the sets of 1s, Project discussion, Design questions and Behavioral questions
    2nd F2F to 4th F2F was technical
    5th F2F was Design round from another team

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult just that need to think about design problems thoroughly   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!