Amazon.com Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Delhi
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

I din't reach the interview round. I was not able to clear the first round mainly because of online coding as I was not in touch of that.
    Other then that there were 20 MCQ which were pretty basic concepts of DS and algorithms.
    So do prepare on an online coding site like code chef,hacker rank

Interview Questions
    • Online coding question : Do the vertical sum of all the axis.   Answer Question

SDE-1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2012.

Campus Hire - presentation - online exam - two rounds - round 1 on C,C++ round 2 on Coding
    Short List , Group Discussion of Prog Questions, 80 minutes long interview and good to go. Offer was made. HR interaction

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in your college fest? That was the last question I expected from Amazon.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Briefly exchanged the role / requirements and previous experience and skill sets. Analytic and behavioral questions that supports the ideology of companies leadership principles. Recco would be - Just be you in your response.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

the interview process was having 5 rounds.in first round the took written test which had programming question and scripting based programming question.in scripting question you can use any script language like Perl, python,shell to write programs.second round was problem solving and coding round,in which they asked data stc and puzzles.
    third round was scripting and troubleshooting round ,where they asked 6-8 programming qs to check expertise in your favorite programming language and your thought process to solve problems.fourth round was managerial,where he asked puzzles and some real time production problems (avg) .fifth round was of cross managerial round ,he asked about previous project work in details and some tricky coding question.

so overall it was enjoyable for me and level of difficulty was not too difficult but not average.

Interview Questions
    • they asked me about my difference with my current manager,so i was surprised.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2010.

This was a walkin event and it took the whole day to complete the interviews.
    I got the interview results in about 7 days. After that there was alot of documentation.
    No negotiations as the offer was good.
    There was quite some rounds for the interview --- asked about testing and coding rounds were also there

Interview Questions
    • Seven Rounds --- QA rounds 3, 1 coding, 1 manager round, 1 br round
      Coding was the toughest
        Answer Question
    No negotiations. Offer was quite tempting :)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Got a call from HR dept , arrived office on a week ends and had the first round. they are looking for pure algorithms experts. i am very good in java language but their expectation is on algorithms which i cant do much better.. any its worth to try

Interview Questions
    • write a program which will to get all the values from a binery tree. i may be simple but i nevered brushed up   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through my college or university in July 2014, the company came to the campus and the selection process consisted of multiple rounds.
    Internship interview details:
    First Round:
    It consisted of an online test including aptitude and technical(coding). The test had 22 questions on C, C++, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Data Structures and logical and quantitative ability. There were two coding questions also which had to be coded in either C,C++ or Java.
    Second and further rounds consisted of technical and HR interviews by the company.
    The duration of the internship was from six months to an year.

Interview Questions
    • The coding questions were of medium difficulty level and one of them demanded to write the balancing code snippet for a binary tree to check whether it is balanced or not.   Answer Question

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Very very long and tedious hiring process. Interviewers were great and asked relevant questions. They just need to condense their hiring process so that the candidates do not have to wait for long

Engagement Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Applied through a referral. Was very excited about the Process. HR explained me the Role in detail and asked me to prepare well. I sincerely gathered a lot of information on Amazon model, History, Jeff Bezos Spin the fly wheel model. Though I am not from the E-commerce industry, I went through the online videos of How to List the products on Amazon site and the LOB of Amazon. Understood the Leadership Principles thoroughly on which Amazonians put a lot of stress and want every other person appearing for the Interview to Deep Dive into this. There were a lot of rescheduling as the First Interview was never free to take a telephonic Interview. Finally someone else took my first round and that went very well. She decided half way to take my candidature forward. Scheduled for the second round of telephonic Interview. The Busy guy was again not available and then another Amateur guy took my interview. He asked me nothing about leadership Principles. He went into the details of How will you convince a seller to click right or left sided images of the Product (Being from a non e-commerce industry I don't even understand the concept). He wanted to hear specific words from me.

Interview Questions
    • How will you convince a seller to click right or left sided images of the Product (Being from a non e-commerce industry I don't even understand the concept).
      What if you don't have the Bar code of an item from the seller. I answered, we can take a combination of Brand + product etc.,to list it but he wanted to hear, that I can call up the products Customer care centre to get the bar code. Lol.
        Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Well managed. Multiple rounds. Facilitation is good. Questions on people management, motivating team and high performers. Definitely check on their leadership traits (refer website). While interviewing they keep noting/writing (on a laptop) after asking the question: you may need not to adjust to that! would look like the interviewer is not listening to you properly.

Interview Questions
    • None. Focus more on problem solving or if you are able to figure out - test of potential than knowledge.   Answer Question