Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Manager Interview

Software Development Manager
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details There were two phone screens. The first screen was mostly data structures and a small design problem. Second was around design, and behavioral questions.

The onsite had 6 rounds. The first is the manager round with job desc and one design question. The second was technical related to the project.The third was a design exercise . These were not too hard. The post lunch sessions were people management, project management and a senior manager round. The last person was the most impressive, all were skilled but not exceptional. Creativity seemed lacking in them. They work like dogs I guess.

I got very tired at the end and passed a project related technical question I knew say I g I don't get into technical details,which was not true and , which proved to be the fatal mistake.

Interview Question – A web service is used by many teams. How do you release a new version ? Sending emails or reminders to a mailing list of current users does not guarantee a full response, what do you do?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

ONTOLOGY ANALYST Interview

Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details First & second round:- Online tests
Third round:- Team member interview(basic questions from your resume- technical & projects)
Fourth round:- Team lead interview(Puzzles/technical knowledge/analytical/product categorizing)
Fifth round:- Managers round( All questions will be asked again as asked in the previous round)- Higher ;evel of difficulty

Interview Question – A lady buys goods worth 200 bucks from a shop (assuming the shopkeeper is selling goods at zero profit). The lady pays with a banknote worth 1000 bucks to the shopkeeper. The shopkeeper gets the change from the next shop & keeps 200 for himself & returns 800 to the lady. After sometime the next shop owner returns the 1000 note saying it is fake & takes his money back. How much loss did the shopkeeper suffer?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Hyderābād

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2012.

Interview Details It basically has 4 rounds and I would say it is easy since the position is for customer service representative. In the first round a group of 5 to 10 people will called into an interview room and few basic questions might be asked to each of the candidate like Self Introduction and some random question just to know a little bit about yourself. The real test here is to check your communication skills are. They check how fluent you are in English and if they find you good enough they will forward you to 2nd round.

The second would be an online test which would last for 15 mins or so. It has some basic verbal questions of sentences. You have to fill the perfect word as in the verb or article in the sentence. This is a pretty easy round.

The third round is again an online test which would last for 45 mins. This is where most of the people get filtered. This test has 4- sections which will test your English verbal and writing skills. It is called the Versant test. You can look up for the test online.

The last round is a personal interview which would be taken by an HR or a manager who will grill you to the end to know what kind of a person you are and I would say it is not easy but not tough as well. As long as you speak confidently and fluently in English your good to go.

Interview Question – This was my first interview and I obviously did not know what questions would they be asking me so every question was like unexpected and surprise for me. But I remember one question in particular - They asked what was the most difficult and toughest thing in your life and the same question in an emotional sense and how you got through it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase for this position as far as I know

Customer Support Interview

Hyderābād

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details online test personal interview,versant round

Interview Question – not much difficult   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

Interview Details You should be good at problem solving. they will ask you some analytical reasoning questions. and if you head in the right direction. trust me interviewer will help you answer it. All you have to show is the right approach and zeal to solve the problem. you should be good at data structures and algorithms. practice recursion and divide and conquer problems from net and you should be good.

Interview Question – not any. all questions were good algorithmic problems.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Hyderābād

I interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2011.

Interview Details Came to campus and . There was a written test followed by two technical internviews,
Written tests the basic programming skills and linux commands and DB queries.
Technical interviews focus on trouble shooting and Large data handling techniques.

Interview Question – What is the reason if the 5th page on google search is not loading properly   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details The Interview Experience with Amazon.com Bangalore was very Bad. The Interviewer was very unprofessional. He started the conversation saying "Lets finish this quickly". Hmmm Come on, how can interview finish in couple of minutes.? His questions were more to show You down, he was not satisfied with even one Answer.The HR never bothered to inform me whether I am selected or not? I eve dropped them an email, she did not respond. When we invest so much time/effort in interview process, dont we have the right to know whether we are selected or not? I really had high regards for Amazon, but this process really put me down. Good I am not joining this co.

Interview Question – What is your Project Managemet Style? ...should it not be Method?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2013.

Interview Details We had a campus Drive. At first i was tensed as it was my first interview but my inner soul was telling confidently i would get it.

There were 5 rounds in total
-PIR
-Critical Assesment
-Versant
-HR
-ops

PIR round was like walking over water, the hr asks a question and you need to respond on it very confidently. They test your communication skills, your behavior and your expressiveness. There will be a major cut down in the number in this round, only 1/3 were able to make through it.

The next one was Critical assessment, it was very CRITICAL, it will test your patience, your way of thinking, your personality is evaluated and your understandability and problem solving ability will be tested. Trust me, more than 80% will be eliminated in this round. It's an online round by the way.

Versant, it is a testing tool for non english based countries. It will test your speech ( stress and Intonation), and mainly it will test if you are able to follow american accent or not.

Hr round is simple, you just need to be confident and just stick to the point.

OPS will be the final and the most toughest round in the whole interview. The questions could be regarding your personal profile, some technical questions and few logical questions also, it depends on the manager who is taking your interview. It lasts for 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Suppose you have a room with three lights inside it and there are three switches arranged randomly outside the room. The room is completely closed and you can't see anything through it's walls. You are allowed to go into the room only one. So how can you tell whether which switch is connected to which bulb.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In case of campus there's no negotiation as the package was fixed

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Rānchī

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview Details It was a 5 round process. 1st round started with online test which included coding problems which were quite simple. Then 3 rounds of technical interview which included questions from algorithms, data structures, os, networking, i even got a question from parallel computing. And then the HR round. I was rejected in the 3rd interview round.

Interview Question – None of the questions were very difficult as i was only asked from the algorithm section.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2012.

Interview Details First round is a combination of a written aptitude test and communication round. The aptitude test is a basic level test which consists of basic logical reasoning and language questions. Then comes the difficult part, the second round consists of two manager level interview rounds. One interview is to test the personality of the candidate and the other is analytic.

Interview Question – A bucket is kept under the tap and the tap is opened to let out water. Though water is flowing out, the bucket never seems to be full. why?   View Answers (5)

Negotiation Details – There is no chance for negotiation. Amazon.com does not negotiate salaries at an entry level.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com