Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
4,886 Interview Reviews

3.3

Intern Interview

interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

First round was an mcq round having questions from: Quantitative aptitude, c, c++, java, operating system and 2 coding questions.
    Second round was technical interview: questions on arrays, linked list and trees were asked.
    Third round: it was hr round. typical hr questions were asked

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Not cleared written because of no criteria predefined how students will be selected.A person doing 20/20 fails and one with 12/20 passes.On asking seniors we found that it always did the same every year.

Interview Questions
    • Sort an array with only operation allowed as reversing 0 to i index elements.   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Amazon uses a basic aptitude test consisting of 20 questions for the intitial screening. The aptitude also contains two coding questions which can be done in either C,C++,Java. It then contains 3 rounds of interview - 2 technical and 1 HR round.The interview questions are mainly concentrated on data structures,algorithms and bit of operating systems.

Interview Questions
    • they mostly concentrate on optimisation of algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

firstly they took a online test conducted through hackerrank and then 25 students were shortlisted ..then two technical iinterview rounds were there...... they questiojns regarding trees, algorithms, sortings questions, operating system.... interview was really nice and goes very smoothly if u know most of the things

Interview Questions
    • they askes me a puzzle of bouncing ball and 100 buildings problem   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interviewer straight up asked to solve coding questions and didn't give any time for introductions or discussing about what I'd done. He was typing something on the laptop the whole time and was very slow in responding to questions, he was almost oblivious to the fact that I was sitting in front of him and trying to tell him something. He chucked aside any alternate solutions I gave to him and wanted me to come up with the exact algorithm he wanted.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2011.

There were 4 rounds
     1.Self Introduction among all participants
     2. Versant test(non verbal)
     3. Mock customer service chat
     4. HR

All they want is confident person who can speak english fluently. A good typing speed will end you in chat position or else you'll offered email support.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a scenario when you were really happy with the customer support   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2011.

i contacted my friend who was working in amazon and he referred my name in the employee referral program. i got a call to attend an interview after one week.i attended the group discussion and i got through. they are looking at people with good communication skills. we have to be clear in our speech. then i took up an aptitude test. its a pretty easy test. once we clear the aptitude test. they called me back again for 2 rounds of interview and they also check your written communication. they ask you to write a business letter. then there are two rounds of interview. one round is all about H.R and the next is to test your logical thinking. the logical round can be very tricky.

Interview Questions
    • There are 25 horses and five tracks. There is no stop clock and we have to find the top 5 horses in the bunch. What is the minimum possible races ?   View Answers (2)
    • In how many ways can we put numbers 1 to 9 without repeating in a 3*3 matrix,so that the sum of all elements in any row and column and diagonal is 15   Answer Question
    no negotiation happened since i was a fresher during that time, had no idea about negotiation

Catalogue Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coimbatore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

There were 5 rounds in the hiring process

1. The first one was extempore talk. They gave us a topic and we had to speak for a minute. English fluency is tested through this round.

2. The second was aptitude test. The focus was on verbal and logical reasoning. The questions were very easy.

3. Third round was essay writing.

4. Fourth round was one to one with HR. It was something like a personal interview. They checked the confidence level, english fluency and one's capability.

5. Fifth round was again another 1 to 1 HR interview, where few logical questions were asked.

Software Development Engineer Interview

4 rounds coding round 2 technical rounds sam questions process threads DBMS General Conputer skills and covered every subject netwroking and operating system. HR interview mostly concerned about projects and how and what was ypoure contributioion

Interview Questions
    • 1st coding techinical technical technical   View Answer

Software Technical Manager Interview

I got contacted by a Recruiter in January 2014.

There were 2 telephonic interview, followed by 6 rounds of face to face. The discussions ranged from technical, to what kind of products that were built, the communication, the risk strategy and lot of emphasis on data and data analysis.
    Working in ambiguity is also important part of the discussion.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most efficient way to store a entire book.   Answer Question