Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Senior Business Development Manager
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details Very very long and tedious hiring process. Interviewers were great and asked relevant questions. They just need to condense their hiring process so that the candidates do not have to wait for long

Interview Question – Business Case   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Engagement Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied through a referral. Was very excited about the Process. HR explained me the Role in detail and asked me to prepare well. I sincerely gathered a lot of information on Amazon model, History, Jeff Bezos Spin the fly wheel model. Though I am not from the E-commerce industry, I went through the online videos of How to List the products on Amazon site and the LOB of Amazon. Understood the Leadership Principles thoroughly on which Amazonians put a lot of stress and want every other person appearing for the Interview to Deep Dive into this. There were a lot of rescheduling as the First Interview was never free to take a telephonic Interview. Finally someone else took my first round and that went very well. She decided half way to take my candidature forward. Scheduled for the second round of telephonic Interview. The Busy guy was again not available and then another Amateur guy took my interview. He asked me nothing about leadership Principles. He went into the details of How will you convince a seller to click right or left sided images of the Product (Being from a non e-commerce industry I don't even understand the concept). He wanted to hear specific words from me.

Interview Question – How will you convince a seller to click right or left sided images of the Product (Being from a non e-commerce industry I don't even understand the concept).
What if you don't have the Bar code of an item from the seller. I answered, we can take a combination of Brand + product etc.,to list it but he wanted to hear, that I can call up the products Customer care centre to get the bar code. Lol.
  Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Got a call from HR dept , arrived office on a week ends and had the first round. they are looking for pure algorithms experts. i am very good in java language but their expectation is on algorithms which i cant do much better.. any its worth to try

Interview Question – write a program which will to get all the values from a binery tree. i may be simple but i nevered brushed up   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Software Development Manager
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details Well managed. Multiple rounds. Facilitation is good. Questions on people management, motivating team and high performers. Definitely check on their leadership traits (refer website). While interviewing they keep noting/writing (on a laptop) after asking the question: you may need not to adjust to that! would look like the interviewer is not listening to you properly.

Interview Question – None. Focus more on problem solving or if you are able to figure out - test of potential than knowledge.   Answer Question

SDE2 Interview

SDE2
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Interview Details Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul. Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul. Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul.

Interview Question – Q1. print binary tree in zigzag order
Q2. difference/explain all kinds of sorting
Q3. I have a number in mind. Can you tell your approach to find it?
Q4. How do you split a string into meaning ful words? ex: icandoit -> i can do it
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Position for Listings Interview

Position for Listings
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Interview Details round 1: vocabulary written test which is just a cake walk
round 2: personal interview with the hr
round 3: we need to work on excel
final round: both technical and hr where they test your analytic thinking and your reason to apply for this post(never give complicate answers.just be as simple as u can)

Interview Question – there were no unexpected questions....everything is so simple   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Oncampus selection. I had 4 rounds of interviews. All of them were mainly based on data structures and basic problem solving skills. The questions were simple and could easily be cracked with a bit of preparation.

Transaction Risk Investigator Interview

Transaction Risk Investigator
Hyderābād

I interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details Anlyticl test is vry imprtnt, it is a online test, all Qs are tricky, what seems to be wright is wrong, just go by the instrutionsgive before the Qs and go only by them. dont apply ur own logic.

Interview Question – they will ask you what are the risks in online transection, and how one can reduse them   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Bangalore

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview process included both telephonic and face to face rounds. It started with initial screening on a telephonic round . Then it had direct interview round with 4 different levels of interviewer on seperate sessions and all one to one. Few rounds were technical. Most of the rounds were about the past achievements , great moments and decisions , team building ability. Each personal round had questions testing your specific competency . Finally again there was a telephonic round to conclude the interview.

Interview Question – There was no such question as it was all expected questions to the position applied   View Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test I Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test I
Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2011.

Interview Details It was pretty well organised. They gave a good overview of what is expected in the interview so that we can be prepared to take it. They concentrate more on problem solving and the data structures where though they don't expect you to immediately answer the questions they wanted to make a genuine try and valuate the approach.

Interview Question – find common ancestor in binary tree(Not binary search tree)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they pay quite decent amount