Amazon.com

Very Easy Interview

Position for Listings Interview

Position for Listings
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Interview Details round 1: vocabulary written test which is just a cake walk
round 2: personal interview with the hr
round 3: we need to work on excel
final round: both technical and hr where they test your analytic thinking and your reason to apply for this post(never give complicate answers.just be as simple as u can)

Interview Question – there were no unexpected questions....everything is so simple   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Oncampus selection. I had 4 rounds of interviews. All of them were mainly based on data structures and basic problem solving skills. The questions were simple and could easily be cracked with a bit of preparation.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Bangalore

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview process included both telephonic and face to face rounds. It started with initial screening on a telephonic round . Then it had direct interview round with 4 different levels of interviewer on seperate sessions and all one to one. Few rounds were technical. Most of the rounds were about the past achievements , great moments and decisions , team building ability. Each personal round had questions testing your specific competency . Finally again there was a telephonic round to conclude the interview.

Interview Question – There was no such question as it was all expected questions to the position applied   View Answer

Transaction Risk Investigator Interview

Transaction Risk Investigator
Hyderābād

I interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details Anlyticl test is vry imprtnt, it is a online test, all Qs are tricky, what seems to be wright is wrong, just go by the instrutionsgive before the Qs and go only by them. dont apply ur own logic.

Interview Question – they will ask you what are the risks in online transection, and how one can reduse them   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test I Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test I
Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2011.

Interview Details It was pretty well organised. They gave a good overview of what is expected in the interview so that we can be prepared to take it. They concentrate more on problem solving and the data structures where though they don't expect you to immediately answer the questions they wanted to make a genuine try and valuate the approach.

Interview Question – find common ancestor in binary tree(Not binary search tree)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they pay quite decent amount

CSA Interview

CSA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details easy process,grammar test gd and interview

Interview Question – noo easy   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Technical Program Manager
Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2010.

Interview Details Hiring and interview process is the key to Amazon's success so far. Amazon has a peculiar way of interviewing people on each of the competencies required for the role and for their growth for at least next 2 positions. Candidate is interviewed by at least 5-7 interviewers on competencies like Deep dive, Ownership, Innovation etc.

Interview Question – How would you reduce the time taken to transfer 4GB data into 4GB pen drive by 50% from the current benchmark.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore

I interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details Was called by the recruiter and an online test scheduled. It was a difficult tree traversal and manipulation test. One test case set with values and the expected output was provided as a sample. I was not prepared enough with the APIs and so lost out. Overall it was a positive experience with the recruiter

Interview Question – Tree traversal question   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

SDE1 Interview

SDE1

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2013.

Interview Details 1st Online coding test conducted by interviewstreet.com, 2nd technical Telephonic round. I was out after 2nd round

Interview Question – What is the advantage of JSON over xml   View Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Software Development Manager
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details 2 telephonic round and then 5 onsite round.
telephonic round focus on architecture and people management skills.
same for on site rounds....

there is not HR round kind of thing...
on site round also has a bar raiser round...

Interview Question – they only focus on two things, generic architecture level discussion, how would you design a specific scalable system. Mostly question will pose an ongoing problem in the group and you need to brain storm solution with them. Nothing that difficult , it is only that you need to apply common sense.

second thing they focus is your people management skills, again all question are really practical and if you try to give a bookish answer you will be caught..so if you do not really believe in your answer you will not be able to make it...for e.g. "you have an excellent super brillant team member in your team, better than all others but his behavior is bad, he does not talk properly if someone approaches him for help of solution, he literally insults them...what would you do"...
Now reallt think about your answer...if you want to preach this guy..it will not work out..it is his nature...do you really want to throw him out of your team...ha ha you probably will not like to...because these kind of people bring 10X value to organization...what will you do...

similarly there are many trap questions..if you try to be politically and inetrview wise correct you will not make it...
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My compensation was almost same ... declined because of that...