Amazon.com Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
4,813 interviews

3.3

Engagement Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Applied through a referral. Was very excited about the Process. HR explained me the Role in detail and asked me to prepare well. I sincerely gathered a lot of information on Amazon model, History, Jeff Bezos Spin the fly wheel model. Though I am not from the E-commerce industry, I went through the online videos of How to List the products on Amazon site and the LOB of Amazon. Understood the Leadership Principles thoroughly on which Amazonians put a lot of stress and want every other person appearing for the Interview to Deep Dive into this. There were a lot of rescheduling as the First Interview was never free to take a telephonic Interview. Finally someone else took my first round and that went very well. She decided half way to take my candidature forward. Scheduled for the second round of telephonic Interview. The Busy guy was again not available and then another Amateur guy took my interview. He asked me nothing about leadership Principles. He went into the details of How will you convince a seller to click right or left sided images of the Product (Being from a non e-commerce industry I don't even understand the concept). He wanted to hear specific words from me.

Interview Questions
    • How will you convince a seller to click right or left sided images of the Product (Being from a non e-commerce industry I don't even understand the concept).
      What if you don't have the Bar code of an item from the seller. I answered, we can take a combination of Brand + product etc.,to list it but he wanted to hear, that I can call up the products Customer care centre to get the bar code. Lol.
        Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Well managed. Multiple rounds. Facilitation is good. Questions on people management, motivating team and high performers. Definitely check on their leadership traits (refer website). While interviewing they keep noting/writing (on a laptop) after asking the question: you may need not to adjust to that! would look like the interviewer is not listening to you properly.

Interview Questions
    • None. Focus more on problem solving or if you are able to figure out - test of potential than knowledge.   Answer Question

SDE2 Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul. Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul. Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul.

Interview Questions
    • Q1. print binary tree in zigzag order
      Q2. difference/explain all kinds of sorting
      Q3. I have a number in mind. Can you tell your approach to find it?
      Q4. How do you split a string into meaning ful words? ex: icandoit -> i can do it
        View Answer

Transaction Risk Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Anlyticl test is vry imprtnt, it is a online test, all Qs are tricky, what seems to be wright is wrong, just go by the instrutionsgive before the Qs and go only by them. dont apply ur own logic.

Interview Questions
    • they will ask you what are the risks in online transection, and how one can reduse them   Answer Question

Position for Listings Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

round 1: vocabulary written test which is just a cake walk
    round 2: personal interview with the hr
    round 3: we need to work on excel
    final round: both technical and hr where they test your analytic thinking and your reason to apply for this post(never give complicate answers.just be as simple as u can)

Interview Questions
    • there were no unexpected questions....everything is so simple   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Oncampus selection. I had 4 rounds of interviews. All of them were mainly based on data structures and basic problem solving skills. The questions were simple and could easily be cracked with a bit of preparation.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

The interview process included both telephonic and face to face rounds. It started with initial screening on a telephonic round . Then it had direct interview round with 4 different levels of interviewer on seperate sessions and all one to one. Few rounds were technical. Most of the rounds were about the past achievements , great moments and decisions , team building ability. Each personal round had questions testing your specific competency . Finally again there was a telephonic round to conclude the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was no such question as it was all expected questions to the position applied   View Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2011.

It was pretty well organised. They gave a good overview of what is expected in the interview so that we can be prepared to take it. They concentrate more on problem solving and the data structures where though they don't expect you to immediately answer the questions they wanted to make a genuine try and valuate the approach.

Interview Questions
    • find common ancestor in binary tree(Not binary search tree)   Answer Question
    they pay quite decent amount

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2010.

Hiring and interview process is the key to Amazon's success so far. Amazon has a peculiar way of interviewing people on each of the competencies required for the role and for their growth for at least next 2 positions. Candidate is interviewed by at least 5-7 interviewers on competencies like Deep dive, Ownership, Innovation etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you reduce the time taken to transfer 4GB data into 4GB pen drive by 50% from the current benchmark.   View Answer

CSA Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Amazon.com.

easy process,grammar test gd and interview