Amazon.com Interview Questions

5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Delhi) in July 2014.

Interview

I din't reach the interview round. I was not able to clear the first round mainly because of online coding as I was not in touch of that.
    Other then that there were 20 MCQ which were pretty basic concepts of DS and algorithms.
    So do prepare on an online coding site like code chef,hacker rank

Interview Questions

• Online coding question : Do the vertical sum of all the axis.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Oncampus selection. I had 4 rounds of interviews. All of them were mainly based on data structures and basic problem solving skills. The questions were simple and could easily be cracked with a bit of preparation.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Chennai) in June 2014.

Interview

the interview process was having 5 rounds.in first round the took written test which had programming question and scripting based programming question.in scripting question you can use any script language like Perl, python,shell to write programs.second round was problem solving and coding round,in which they asked data stc and puzzles.
    third round was scripting and troubleshooting round ,where they asked 6-8 programming qs to check expertise in your favorite programming language and your thought process to solve problems.fourth round was managerial,where he asked puzzles and some real time production problems (avg) .fifth round was of cross managerial round ,he asked about previous project work in details and some tricky coding question.

so overall it was enjoyable for me and level of difficulty was not too difficult but not average.

Interview Questions

• they asked me about my difference with my current manager,so i was surprised.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Interview

Amazon uses a basic aptitude test consisting of 20 questions for the intitial screening. The aptitude also contains two coding questions which can be done in either C,C++,Java. It then contains 3 rounds of interview - 2 technical and 1 HR round.The interview questions are mainly concentrated on data structures,algorithms and bit of operating systems.

Interview Questions

• they mostly concentrate on optimisation of algorithms.   Answer Question

SDE2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Bangalore) in June 2014.

Interview

Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul. Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul. Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul.

Interview Questions

• Q1. print binary tree in zigzag order
      Q2. difference/explain all kinds of sorting
      Q3. I have a number in mind. Can you tell your approach to find it?
      Q4. How do you split a string into meaning ful words? ex: icandoit -> i can do it

1 Answer

CSA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

easy process,grammar test gd and interview

Position for Listings Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com (Hyderābād) in May 2014.

Interview

round 1: vocabulary written test which is just a cake walk
    round 2: personal interview with the hr
    round 3: we need to work on excel
    final round: both technical and hr where they test your analytic thinking and your reason to apply for this post(never give complicate answers.just be as simple as u can)

Interview Questions

• there were no unexpected questions....everything is so simple   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through a referral. Was very excited about the Process. HR explained me the Role in detail and asked me to prepare well. I sincerely gathered a lot of information on Amazon model, History, Jeff Bezos Spin the fly wheel model. Though I am not from the E-commerce industry, I went through the online videos of How to List the products on Amazon site and the LOB of Amazon. Understood the Leadership Principles thoroughly on which Amazonians put a lot of stress and want every other person appearing for the Interview to Deep Dive into this. There were a lot of rescheduling as the First Interview was never free to take a telephonic Interview. Finally someone else took my first round and that went very well. She decided half way to take my candidature forward. Scheduled for the second round of telephonic Interview. The Busy guy was again not available and then another Amateur guy took my interview. He asked me nothing about leadership Principles. He went into the details of How will you convince a seller to click right or left sided images of the Product (Being from a non e-commerce industry I don't even understand the concept). He wanted to hear specific words from me.

Interview Questions

• How will you convince a seller to click right or left sided images of the Product (Being from a non e-commerce industry I don't even understand the concept).
      What if you don't have the Bar code of an item from the seller. I answered, we can take a combination of Brand + product etc.,to list it but he wanted to hear, that I can call up the products Customer care centre to get the bar code. Lol.

Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Chennai).

Interview

Two rounds of Telephonic interviews and one on site interview. The on-site interview was conducted back to back with 5 senior managers.

Web Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Bangalore).

Interview

This is my interview experience with Amazon, India . I reached on time , but they asked me to wait around 100 mins , and later HR called me in.

F2F round :
    1. what is the current Java script version
    2. what are best practices for HTML/CSS/JS 3 . How do you improve web site performance
    4. What are new improvements in Java script
    5. What are the promises () and deferred ()
    6. Explain closures
    7. Which project do you like most , and why ? in your current organization
    8 . Few questions about web accessibility
    9 . How to make align div exactly center of web page 10. Questions on HTTP/HTTP's , http sessions , and what parameters browser will send and response parameters
    11. CSS questions , on selectors

Coding Round :
    1. shuffle items in array
    2. Write a function to find power of numbers , example POW (2,2)

Manager Round :
    1. Explain about your current project
    2. Questions on best practices
    3. How do you update yourself
    4. How do you make cross domain requests without JSONP

Interview Questions

• just prepare algorithms , there interview process is quite very easy but they focus on alternative solutions like alternative to AJAX etc ..   1 Answer

relocation issues , and offered less than I expected .