Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
4,943 Interview Reviews

3.3

Software Developer II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Amazon uses a basic aptitude test consisting of 20 questions for the intitial screening. The aptitude also contains two coding questions which can be done in either C,C++,Java. It then contains 3 rounds of interview - 2 technical and 1 HR round.The interview questions are mainly concentrated on data structures,algorithms and bit of operating systems.

Interview Questions
    • they mostly concentrate on optimisation of algorithms.   Answer Question

SDE2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul. Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul. Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul.

Interview Questions
    • Q1. print binary tree in zigzag order
      Q2. difference/explain all kinds of sorting
      Q3. I have a number in mind. Can you tell your approach to find it?
      Q4. How do you split a string into meaning ful words? ex: icandoit -> i can do it
        View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Oncampus selection. I had 4 rounds of interviews. All of them were mainly based on data structures and basic problem solving skills. The questions were simple and could easily be cracked with a bit of preparation.

CSA Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Amazon.com.

easy process,grammar test gd and interview

Position for Listings Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

round 1: vocabulary written test which is just a cake walk
    round 2: personal interview with the hr
    round 3: we need to work on excel
    final round: both technical and hr where they test your analytic thinking and your reason to apply for this post(never give complicate answers.just be as simple as u can)

Interview Questions
    • there were no unexpected questions....everything is so simple   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Applied through a referral. Was very excited about the Process. HR explained me the Role in detail and asked me to prepare well. I sincerely gathered a lot of information on Amazon model, History, Jeff Bezos Spin the fly wheel model. Though I am not from the E-commerce industry, I went through the online videos of How to List the products on Amazon site and the LOB of Amazon. Understood the Leadership Principles thoroughly on which Amazonians put a lot of stress and want every other person appearing for the Interview to Deep Dive into this. There were a lot of rescheduling as the First Interview was never free to take a telephonic Interview. Finally someone else took my first round and that went very well. She decided half way to take my candidature forward. Scheduled for the second round of telephonic Interview. The Busy guy was again not available and then another Amateur guy took my interview. He asked me nothing about leadership Principles. He went into the details of How will you convince a seller to click right or left sided images of the Product (Being from a non e-commerce industry I don't even understand the concept). He wanted to hear specific words from me.

Interview Questions
    • How will you convince a seller to click right or left sided images of the Product (Being from a non e-commerce industry I don't even understand the concept).
      What if you don't have the Bar code of an item from the seller. I answered, we can take a combination of Brand + product etc.,to list it but he wanted to hear, that I can call up the products Customer care centre to get the bar code. Lol.
        Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Two rounds of Telephonic interviews and one on site interview. The on-site interview was conducted back to back with 5 senior managers.

Web Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

This is my interview experience with Amazon, India . I reached on time , but they asked me to wait around 100 mins , and later HR called me in.

F2F round :
    1. what is the current Java script version
    2. what are best practices for HTML/CSS/JS 3 . How do you improve web site performance
    4. What are new improvements in Java script
    5. What are the promises () and deferred ()
    6. Explain closures
    7. Which project do you like most , and why ? in your current organization
    8 . Few questions about web accessibility
    9 . How to make align div exactly center of web page 10. Questions on HTTP/HTTP's , http sessions , and what parameters browser will send and response parameters
    11. CSS questions , on selectors

Coding Round :
    1. shuffle items in array
    2. Write a function to find power of numbers , example POW (2,2)

Manager Round :
    1. Explain about your current project
    2. Questions on best practices
    3. How do you update yourself
    4. How do you make cross domain requests without JSONP

Interview Questions
    • just prepare algorithms , there interview process is quite very easy but they focus on alternative solutions like alternative to AJAX etc ..   Answer Question

relocation issues , and offered less than I expected .

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Very very long and tedious hiring process. Interviewers were great and asked relevant questions. They just need to condense their hiring process so that the candidates do not have to wait for long

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

The interview process included both telephonic and face to face rounds. It started with initial screening on a telephonic round . Then it had direct interview round with 4 different levels of interviewer on seperate sessions and all one to one. Few rounds were technical. Most of the rounds were about the past achievements , great moments and decisions , team building ability. Each personal round had questions testing your specific competency . Finally again there was a telephonic round to conclude the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was no such question as it was all expected questions to the position applied   View Answer