Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details they were good in the communications. went in and had one round that lasted 1 hr, and was rejected. did not agree to give me feedback until process was over

Interview Question – if you were from mars how would you solve a problem   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Interview Details 4 rounds
1. jam
2. technical
3.technical
4. managers round

Interview Question – casual question on behavioural aspects   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2009.

Interview Details I got an opportunity to interview for them in Hyderabad office from a friend. Through their employee referral process. It was a very long interview process, at least 4-5 interviews.

I was given a 3 programming problems through interview street portal. They are not too hard, not too easy.

one was to familirize myself with the platform,
the other was given coordinates of two rectangles find out if they intersect
and the last one was string search algorithm.

all of them must pass all the test cases given..

after that I went thorough a telephonic interview. he too asked 3 questions.
given an array of 2n+1 numbers in which every number except for one repeats twice.. you have to find out what that one number is.

Interview Question – given an array of lenght 2n+2 in which every number except for two numbers repeat twice each.. and we have to figure out what they are.   View Answers (2)

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details Amazon's Work culture is among the best a software guy will get . Interview process was descent . Each of the candidate was addressed personally .

Interview Question – the first round for this position was Written test. Following are the questions -
1. Write a program to find next largest element in binary search tree.
2. Write a program to search element in circular sorted array
3. Write a program to reverse a linked list in a chunk of 3 . ex. consider the following linked list 1-2-6-75-33-10-5-3-2 , then the output should be 6-2-1-10-33-75-2-3-5.

i was not shortlisted . so it might help others .
  Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Hyderābād

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details HI EVERY ONE.Recently on 30th August i attended an interview at Amazon Hyderabad. There are 05 rounds, 1st round is Online simple grammar test or Jam(Just a Minute), 2nd is HR ROUND, VERSeNT ROUND its also computer online reading writing and trying skills test.Then again you will have oops HR Round.If you score well in Versent round and then another two rounds will be held and you will be selected as a permanent Employee, but if u score less in Versent round then u will be a temporary employee of AMAZOn. But however becoz of not having relieving letter they didn't allowed me for further rounds. I was having all my offer letter of the previous company and also i have given genuine information and also told them to verify in any aspect, still they didn't allowed me to go further rounds. But i successfully completed 02 rounds. Amazon is a very Fabulous place to work with such a International Organization. But sure i will once again wanna give my Interview after six months

Technical Program Manager Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details I was shortlisted through a referal from Amazon employee. 1st round of telephonic was for 40 mins. They asked general situation questions related to project management and some few problem solving question related to Linked lists. It went well. Got back after 6 days. They arranged for second telephonic interview. In this round they asked me to design database for warehouse pickup. Still waiting for result of second round.

Interview Question – Not realy difficult, but you need to know basics and able to think in different ways.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Software Development Engineer I
New Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2009.

Interview Details This was a campus hiring process. First there was a written test, comprising of a few language based questions (C++), a few algorithmic questions, one database question and one design question. The next phase involved four face-to-face interviews.

The first one was conducted by a Human Resources representative. They asked about
    a) why I wanted to work at Amazon,
    b) why I'd rather not pursue higher studies,
    c) if I have any preference of location,
    d) if I have any offers from any other company,
    e) any general questions about the company as such.

The second one was a standard technical interview taken by a Senior Manager. It comprised of two algorithmic problems in which I was asked to write pseudo-code. I was asked follow up questions on the second one which I had to answer verbally.

The third was another standard technical interview, but this time by an engineer. I was asked two puzzles (brain-teasers), and one algorithmic problem with follow up questions. I wasn't asked to write code.

The fourth interview was also taken by an engineer but this was the architecture and design interview. I was asked one question to test my knowledge of computer architecture and operating systems. The second was an open-ended design problem (traffic monitoring in a large city).

My CV wasn't discussed and I wasn't cross-questioned on my answers to the questions in the written test, but this may not be a standard practice. Overall, based on my level of preparation, I felt it was easy. In the end, they hired 3 out of about 10 shortlisted candidates (based on the written test).

Interview Question – Describe, in as much detail as possible, everything that happens on a Linux machine from the point when you hit the enter key after typing "./a.out" to the moment when "Hello World!" gets printed on the screen.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As it was a campus placement, there were no negotiations for salary. However, I was given a choice on the location of work and the team/department in that development centre.

Device Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details preliminary rounds are apps , face to face interview in which they ask few technical basic questions and strategic questions. after getting through this round , HR round in which they again ask some technical questions and later if we get through this round a formal meeting with the manager .a few agreements have to be signed and you can enjoy your life and job like anything at amazon.

Interview Question – some of the strategic aptitude questions seem to be difficult .if we aren't nervous we can get through.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Grammer written test followed by versant round and HR and Operations round

TRMS Risk Investigator Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details The whole process can be daunting if you are not used to in-depth questioning. Be prepared to spend a few days (and even a few weeks in other roles) to get a yes or a no. Amazon is very thorough in this process and you will be analysed in various areas (aptitude, career, voice testing etc) If you do decide to apply, make sure to make the most of your time there, chances are, you will spend a day, talk to current employees, they will be more than happy to give you an idea of what lies on the other side of the tunnel.

Interview Question – Are you looking to commit for atleast 3 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com