Amazon.com Interview Questions

4,943 Interview Reviews

3.3

Transaction Risk Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Anlyticl test is vry imprtnt, it is a online test, all Qs are tricky, what seems to be wright is wrong, just go by the instrutionsgive before the Qs and go only by them. dont apply ur own logic.

Interview Questions
    • they will ask you what are the risks in online transection, and how one can reduse them   Answer Question

Seller Support Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

4 rounds
    1- HR round
    2- online test
    3- vercent test
    4- ops round

Interview Questions
    • vercent test can be a little difficult for freshers as all the tests conducted are time bound.
      with practise and speed any graduate with good communication and speed can get through!
        Answer Question

Software Development Manager III(L6) Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

I was told by the HR that there will be two telephonic screening rounds and if shortlisted, face-to-face interview in their office (6 more rounds).

Interview Questions
    • In the first telephonic screening round, I was asked to explain my background in brief. Then, I was told: Assume there are 100 million text files/novels. I need to design a text suggestion tool, based on the 100million novels, while the user is typing search text in Amazon website.   View Answer

Seller Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

interview for Seller Support Associate- Started with HR round, quite easy. Gud Pay- just be sure about the Job Description and Prev Exps. next went for an OL test, Basic Psychometric tests, wants to see your analytical skills and stuff with no exact ans. Basic simple maths and charts.

Interview Questions
    • Was very optimistic about it but Als! i was sent back.   Answer Question

Amazon Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

the interview had 3 rounds 1 aptitude pretty easy
    next was the technical round which again had aptitude and questions about testing
    and last the hr round which we didnt have as we were sent off saying the interview was complete

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

2 telephonic round and then 5 onsite round.
    telephonic round focus on architecture and people management skills.
    same for on site rounds....

there is not HR round kind of thing...
    on site round also has a bar raiser round...

Interview Questions
    • they only focus on two things, generic architecture level discussion, how would you design a specific scalable system. Mostly question will pose an ongoing problem in the group and you need to brain storm solution with them. Nothing that difficult , it is only that you need to apply common sense.

second thing they focus is your people management skills, again all question are really practical and if you try to give a bookish answer you will be caught..so if you do not really believe in your answer you will not be able to make it...for e.g. "you have an excellent super brillant team member in your team, better than all others but his behavior is bad, he does not talk properly if someone approaches him for help of solution, he literally insults them...what would you do"...
      Now reallt think about your answer...if you want to preach this guy..it will not work out..it is his nature...do you really want to throw him out of your team...ha ha you probably will not like to...because these kind of people bring 10X value to organization...what will you do...

similarly there are many trap questions..if you try to be politically and inetrview wise correct you will not make it...
        Answer Question

My compensation was almost same ... declined because of that...

Ontology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

First & second round:- Online tests
    Third round:- Team member interview(basic questions from your resume- technical & projects)
    Fourth round:- Team lead interview(Puzzles/technical knowledge/analytical/product categorizing)
    Fifth round:- Managers round( All questions will be asked again as asked in the previous round)- Higher ;evel of difficulty

Interview Questions
    • A lady buys goods worth 200 bucks from a shop (assuming the shopkeeper is selling goods at zero profit). The lady pays with a banknote worth 1000 bucks to the shopkeeper. The shopkeeper gets the change from the next shop & keeps 200 for himself & returns 800 to the lady. After sometime the next shop owner returns the 1000 note saying it is fake & takes his money back. How much loss did the shopkeeper suffer?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Well managed. Multiple rounds. Facilitation is good. Questions on people management, motivating team and high performers. Definitely check on their leadership traits (refer website). While interviewing they keep noting/writing (on a laptop) after asking the question: you may need not to adjust to that! would look like the interviewer is not listening to you properly.

Interview Questions
    • None. Focus more on problem solving or if you are able to figure out - test of potential than knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

There were two phone screens. The first screen was mostly data structures and a small design problem. Second was around design, and behavioral questions.

The onsite had 6 rounds. The first is the manager round with job desc and one design question. The second was technical related to the project.The third was a design exercise . These were not too hard. The post lunch sessions were people management, project management and a senior manager round. The last person was the most impressive, all were skilled but not exceptional. Creativity seemed lacking in them. They work like dogs I guess.

I got very tired at the end and passed a project related technical question I knew say I g I don't get into technical details,which was not true and , which proved to be the fatal mistake.

Interview Questions
    • A web service is used by many teams. How do you release a new version ? Sending emails or reminders to a mailing list of current users does not guarantee a full response, what do you do?   View Answer

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

The Interview Experience with Amazon.com Bangalore was very Bad. The Interviewer was very unprofessional. He started the conversation saying "Lets finish this quickly". Hmmm Come on, how can interview finish in couple of minutes.? His questions were more to show You down, he was not satisfied with even one Answer.The HR never bothered to inform me whether I am selected or not? I eve dropped them an email, she did not respond. When we invest so much time/effort in interview process, dont we have the right to know whether we are selected or not? I really had high regards for Amazon, but this process really put me down. Good I am not joining this co.

Interview Questions
    • What is your Project Managemet Style? ...should it not be Method?   View Answer