Amazon.com Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
4,801 interviews

3.3

Software Development Manager III(L6) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

I was told by the HR that there will be two telephonic screening rounds and if shortlisted, face-to-face interview in their office (6 more rounds).

Interview Questions
    • In the first telephonic screening round, I was asked to explain my background in brief. Then, I was told: Assume there are 100 million text files/novels. I need to design a text suggestion tool, based on the 100million novels, while the user is typing search text in Amazon website.   View Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2011.

Two telephonic rounds followed by 6 in person rounds. Half of them concentrated on coding, design, architecture, problem solving and data structures. Remaining on management principles, ethics, team management etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is the last time you asked your manager permission to do something?   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

There were two phone screens. The first screen was mostly data structures and a small design problem. Second was around design, and behavioral questions.

The onsite had 6 rounds. The first is the manager round with job desc and one design question. The second was technical related to the project.The third was a design exercise . These were not too hard. The post lunch sessions were people management, project management and a senior manager round. The last person was the most impressive, all were skilled but not exceptional. Creativity seemed lacking in them. They work like dogs I guess.

I got very tired at the end and passed a project related technical question I knew say I g I don't get into technical details,which was not true and , which proved to be the fatal mistake.

Interview Questions
    • A web service is used by many teams. How do you release a new version ? Sending emails or reminders to a mailing list of current users does not guarantee a full response, what do you do?   View Answer

Seller Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2013.

Interview process was very systematic. First round was of PIR, Second is of Aptitude test and Third was of Versant test. I have not cleared the Versant test. Most of the members have eliminated on the Versant round. However the interview was good.

Ontology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

First & second round:- Online tests
    Third round:- Team member interview(basic questions from your resume- technical & projects)
    Fourth round:- Team lead interview(Puzzles/technical knowledge/analytical/product categorizing)
    Fifth round:- Managers round( All questions will be asked again as asked in the previous round)- Higher ;evel of difficulty

Interview Questions
    • A lady buys goods worth 200 bucks from a shop (assuming the shopkeeper is selling goods at zero profit). The lady pays with a banknote worth 1000 bucks to the shopkeeper. The shopkeeper gets the change from the next shop & keeps 200 for himself & returns 800 to the lady. After sometime the next shop owner returns the 1000 note saying it is fake & takes his money back. How much loss did the shopkeeper suffer?   View Answers (2)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2012.

It basically has 4 rounds and I would say it is easy since the position is for customer service representative. In the first round a group of 5 to 10 people will called into an interview room and few basic questions might be asked to each of the candidate like Self Introduction and some random question just to know a little bit about yourself. The real test here is to check your communication skills are. They check how fluent you are in English and if they find you good enough they will forward you to 2nd round.

The second would be an online test which would last for 15 mins or so. It has some basic verbal questions of sentences. You have to fill the perfect word as in the verb or article in the sentence. This is a pretty easy round.

The third round is again an online test which would last for 45 mins. This is where most of the people get filtered. This test has 4- sections which will test your English verbal and writing skills. It is called the Versant test. You can look up for the test online.

The last round is a personal interview which would be taken by an HR or a manager who will grill you to the end to know what kind of a person you are and I would say it is not easy but not tough as well. As long as you speak confidently and fluently in English your good to go.

Interview Questions
    • This was my first interview and I obviously did not know what questions would they be asking me so every question was like unexpected and surprise for me. But I remember one question in particular - They asked what was the most difficult and toughest thing in your life and the same question in an emotional sense and how you got through it   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase for this position as far as I know

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed online - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

online test personal interview,versant round

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

You should be good at problem solving. they will ask you some analytical reasoning questions. and if you head in the right direction. trust me interviewer will help you answer it. All you have to show is the right approach and zeal to solve the problem. you should be good at data structures and algorithms. practice recursion and divide and conquer problems from net and you should be good.

Interview Questions
    • not any. all questions were good algorithmic problems.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2011.

Came to campus and . There was a written test followed by two technical internviews,
    Written tests the basic programming skills and linux commands and DB queries.
    Technical interviews focus on trouble shooting and Large data handling techniques.

Interview Questions
    • What is the reason if the 5th page on google search is not loading properly   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

The Interview Experience with Amazon.com Bangalore was very Bad. The Interviewer was very unprofessional. He started the conversation saying "Lets finish this quickly". Hmmm Come on, how can interview finish in couple of minutes.? His questions were more to show You down, he was not satisfied with even one Answer.The HR never bothered to inform me whether I am selected or not? I eve dropped them an email, she did not respond. When we invest so much time/effort in interview process, dont we have the right to know whether we are selected or not? I really had high regards for Amazon, but this process really put me down. Good I am not joining this co.

Interview Questions
    • What is your Project Managemet Style? ...should it not be Method?   View Answer