Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com
- Software Development Engineer (812)
- Software Engineer (755)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (190)
- Area Manager (177)
- Software Developer (134)
- Software Development Engineer I (131)
- Senior Product Manager (124)
- Intern (93)
- Operations Manager (89)
- Software Development Engineer I Intern (85)
- Software Development Engineer II (83)
- Senior Software Engineer (80)
- Software Engineer Intern (75)
- Product Manager (73)
- Software Development Manager (72)
- Technical Program Manager (63)
- Financial Analyst (62)
- Warehouse Associate (55)
- Brand Specialist (53)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (51)
- Program Manager (48)
- Senior Financial Analyst (41)
- Business Analyst (36)
- Fulfillment Associate (35)
- Senior Vendor Manager (35)
- Software Developer Intern (32)
- Recruiter (30)
- Support Engineer (30)
- Customer Service Associate (27)
- Vendor Manager (27)
Helpful (7)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Amazon.com (Bangalore) in February 2014.
The Interview Experience with Amazon.com Bangalore was very Bad. The Interviewer was very unprofessional. He started the conversation saying "Lets finish this quickly". Hmmm Come on, how can interview finish in couple of minutes.? His questions were more to show You down, he was not satisfied with even one Answer.The HR never bothered to inform me whether I am selected or not? I eve dropped them an email, she did not respond. When we invest so much time/effort in interview process, dont we have the right to know whether we are selected or not? I really had high regards for Amazon, but this process really put me down. Good I am not joining this co.
- What is your Project Managemet Style? ...should it not be Method? 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days – interviewed at Amazon.com (Bangalore) in February 2014.
There were two phone screens. The first screen was mostly data structures and a small design problem. Second was around design, and behavioral questions.
The onsite had 6 rounds. The first is the manager round with job desc and one design question. The second was technical related to the project.The third was a design exercise . These were not too hard. The post lunch sessions were people management, project management and a senior manager round. The last person was the most impressive, all were skilled but not exceptional. Creativity seemed lacking in them. They work like dogs I guess.
I got very tired at the end and passed a project related technical question I knew say I g I don't get into technical details,which was not true and , which proved to be the fatal mistake.
- A web service is used by many teams. How do you release a new version ? Sending emails or reminders to a mailing list of current users does not guarantee a full response, what do you do? 2 Answers
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Amazon.com (Bangalore) in February 2014.
2 months long process... with one onsite round.. no significant difficult questions... They asked me to build up a model which has no relevance with the job but I did it successfully.
- How you can manage your resources in case of extra work. No answer satisfied them except night out of all team members at office. Ridiculous expectation 1 Answer
- No OfferAverage InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com (Hyderābād) in February 2014.
online test personal interview,versant round
- not much difficult Answer Question
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Amazon.com (Hyderābād).
I faced the interview in 2007 - Four Rounds were conducted starting with self introduction after clearing that we have to attend a written test which constitutes of aptitude and English after clearing the third round would consist of typing skills 40wpm and Internet proficiency test if we are cleared with all the three rounds the final round will be HR round.
- How do you feel that you would suit this position? Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferDifficult InterviewNo OfferDifficult Interview
interviewed at Amazon.com (Bangalore) in January 2014.
Was called by the recruiter and an online test scheduled. It was a difficult tree traversal and manipulation test. One test case set with values and the expected output was provided as a sample. I was not prepared enough with the APIs and so lost out. Overall it was a positive experience with the recruiter
- Tree traversal question Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAccepted OfferPositive Experience
You have 1 written , 2/3 telephonic and 4/6 f2f rounds.
- All question needed good amount of logical thinking. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day – interviewed at Amazon.com (Bangalore) in January 2014.
Got the interview call from Amazon HR. Interview was mostly on the current job, roles and responsibilities and how I handled the products in my current role.
- None Answer Question
- No OfferNo Offer
They were pursuing me a lot bcoz their profiles were similar to me.
I had worked a lot on Distributed Systems, E-COmmerce, Big Systems.
The HR first called up & gave me all the details. I asked about what exactly do they look for in coding interviews. He told me they looked to see basic things like whether the candidate broke down the problem into simple parts & divided the complexity.
In the telephonic round the interviewer asked about breadth first traversal.
- Asked me to design a Potato Chips Factory by OOAD means. Answer Question
Helpful (4)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Amazon.com (Hyderābād) in December 2013.
We had a campus Drive. At first i was tensed as it was my first interview but my inner soul was telling confidently i would get it.
There were 5 rounds in total
PIR round was like walking over water, the hr asks a question and you need to respond on it very confidently. They test your communication skills, your behavior and your expressiveness. There will be a major cut down in the number in this round, only 1/3 were able to make through it.
The next one was Critical assessment, it was very CRITICAL, it will test your patience, your way of thinking, your personality is evaluated and your understandability and problem solving ability will be tested. Trust me, more than 80% will be eliminated in this round. It's an online round by the way.
Versant, it is a testing tool for non english based countries. It will test your speech ( stress and Intonation), and mainly it will test if you are able to follow american accent or not.
Hr round is simple, you just need to be confident and just stick to the point.
OPS will be the final and the most toughest round in the whole interview. The questions could be regarding your personal profile, some technical questions and few logical questions also, it depends on the manager who is taking your interview. It lasts for 30 minutes.
- Suppose you have a room with three lights inside it and there are three switches arranged randomly outside the room. The room is completely closed and you can't see anything through it's walls. You are allowed to go into the room only one. So how can you tell whether which switch is connected to which bulb. 1 Answer
In case of campus there's no negotiation as the package was fixed
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review