Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2012.

Interview Details First round is a combination of a written aptitude test and communication round. The aptitude test is a basic level test which consists of basic logical reasoning and language questions. Then comes the difficult part, the second round consists of two manager level interview rounds. One interview is to test the personality of the candidate and the other is analytic.

Interview Question – A bucket is kept under the tap and the tap is opened to let out water. Though water is flowing out, the bucket never seems to be full. why?   View Answers (5)

Negotiation Details – There is no chance for negotiation. Amazon.com does not negotiate salaries at an entry level.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I faced the interview in 2007 - Four Rounds were conducted starting with self introduction after clearing that we have to attend a written test which constitutes of aptitude and English after clearing the third round would consist of typing skills 40wpm and Internet proficiency test if we are cleared with all the three rounds the final round will be HR round.

Interview Question – How do you feel that you would suit this position?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details Got the interview call from Amazon HR. Interview was mostly on the current job, roles and responsibilities and how I handled the products in my current role.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details This is my experience during the campus selection drive of Amazon.com. The process started with a brief presentation by the recruitment team. The process had 5 stages. The first test was online, having 20 objective questions from various topics and 2 questions to code. One required a complete code, the other required coding a method for the specified purpose. This was followed by four technical interviews. Each interviewer constantly typed on their laptop while interviewing us, probably making a note about us. We had to think of a solution for the given problem and optimize the same. This was a "white board" test, which required us to write actual code for the solution. The questions were pretty tough, but were manageable. The interviewers were very friendly and were very open about their work culture.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were from data structure implementation point of view. They required a strong understanding of the problem statement to decide the correct data structure to implement. They were very stern about the required efficiency of the solution. Getting a solution wasn't enough, we are expected to give the best solution we can possibly think of!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this was a campus hiring drive, there wasn't a scope for negotiation. The salary split-up was presented to us in the start of the process

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Software Development Engineer I

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details You have 1 written , 2/3 telephonic and 4/6 f2f rounds.

Interview Question – All question needed good amount of logical thinking.   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Applications Support Engineer
Chennai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details Interview process comprised of 5 rounds - I would rate it 4 out of 5 on difficulty.

Interview Question – Nothing that I can think of now.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details They were pursuing me a lot bcoz their profiles were similar to me.

I had worked a lot on Distributed Systems, E-COmmerce, Big Systems.

The HR first called up & gave me all the details. I asked about what exactly do they look for in coding interviews. He told me they looked to see basic things like whether the candidate broke down the problem into simple parts & divided the complexity.

In the telephonic round the interviewer asked about breadth first traversal.

Interview Question – Asked me to design a Potato Chips Factory by OOAD means.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I was really disappointed.First it was written test with 3 coding questions.I wrote all in an efficient way.But I was not selected.I doubt whether they seriously correct them or not.since some of them who didn't do well were selected.

Interview Question – 3 coding question.1.tree,2.algorithm based on string,3.linked list.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details - Some tree based navigation questions
- A OOD design question
- A system design question
- Some array and list based questions

Interview Question – The system design question. Was asked to design a restaurant booking system. The interviewer digged into the details as we discussed the problem and added more and specifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt not negotiate. I was made an offer and I just accepted it

Software Development Manager Interview

Software Development Manager
Bangalore

I applied through another source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I have posted my resume on a resume on job portal. Got call from HR she asked me general questions and scheduled a telephonic interview. Interviewer was focused on problem solving. He asked me questions on data structure & algorithm, people management and a design question and most challenging problem I have faced. Interview duration was around 1 hr.