Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

Interview Details You should be good at problem solving. they will ask you some analytical reasoning questions. and if you head in the right direction. trust me interviewer will help you answer it. All you have to show is the right approach and zeal to solve the problem. you should be good at data structures and algorithms. practice recursion and divide and conquer problems from net and you should be good.

Interview Question – not any. all questions were good algorithmic problems.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Hyderābād

I interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2011.

Interview Details Came to campus and . There was a written test followed by two technical internviews,
Written tests the basic programming skills and linux commands and DB queries.
Technical interviews focus on trouble shooting and Large data handling techniques.

Interview Question – What is the reason if the 5th page on google search is not loading properly   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Technical Program Manager
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details The Interview Experience with Amazon.com Bangalore was very Bad. The Interviewer was very unprofessional. He started the conversation saying "Lets finish this quickly". Hmmm Come on, how can interview finish in couple of minutes.? His questions were more to show You down, he was not satisfied with even one Answer.The HR never bothered to inform me whether I am selected or not? I eve dropped them an email, she did not respond. When we invest so much time/effort in interview process, dont we have the right to know whether we are selected or not? I really had high regards for Amazon, but this process really put me down. Good I am not joining this co.

Interview Question – What is your Project Managemet Style? ...should it not be Method?   View Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2013.

Interview Details We had a campus Drive. At first i was tensed as it was my first interview but my inner soul was telling confidently i would get it.

There were 5 rounds in total
-PIR
-Critical Assesment
-Versant
-HR
-ops

PIR round was like walking over water, the hr asks a question and you need to respond on it very confidently. They test your communication skills, your behavior and your expressiveness. There will be a major cut down in the number in this round, only 1/3 were able to make through it.

The next one was Critical assessment, it was very CRITICAL, it will test your patience, your way of thinking, your personality is evaluated and your understandability and problem solving ability will be tested. Trust me, more than 80% will be eliminated in this round. It's an online round by the way.

Versant, it is a testing tool for non english based countries. It will test your speech ( stress and Intonation), and mainly it will test if you are able to follow american accent or not.

Hr round is simple, you just need to be confident and just stick to the point.

OPS will be the final and the most toughest round in the whole interview. The questions could be regarding your personal profile, some technical questions and few logical questions also, it depends on the manager who is taking your interview. It lasts for 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Suppose you have a room with three lights inside it and there are three switches arranged randomly outside the room. The room is completely closed and you can't see anything through it's walls. You are allowed to go into the room only one. So how can you tell whether which switch is connected to which bulb.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In case of campus there's no negotiation as the package was fixed

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Rānchī

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview Details It was a 5 round process. 1st round started with online test which included coding problems which were quite simple. Then 3 rounds of technical interview which included questions from algorithms, data structures, os, networking, i even got a question from parallel computing. And then the HR round. I was rejected in the 3rd interview round.

Interview Question – None of the questions were very difficult as i was only asked from the algorithm section.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2012.

Interview Details First round is a combination of a written aptitude test and communication round. The aptitude test is a basic level test which consists of basic logical reasoning and language questions. Then comes the difficult part, the second round consists of two manager level interview rounds. One interview is to test the personality of the candidate and the other is analytic.

Interview Question – A bucket is kept under the tap and the tap is opened to let out water. Though water is flowing out, the bucket never seems to be full. why?   View Answers (5)

Negotiation Details – There is no chance for negotiation. Amazon.com does not negotiate salaries at an entry level.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I faced the interview in 2007 - Four Rounds were conducted starting with self introduction after clearing that we have to attend a written test which constitutes of aptitude and English after clearing the third round would consist of typing skills 40wpm and Internet proficiency test if we are cleared with all the three rounds the final round will be HR round.

Interview Question – How do you feel that you would suit this position?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details Got the interview call from Amazon HR. Interview was mostly on the current job, roles and responsibilities and how I handled the products in my current role.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details This is my experience during the campus selection drive of Amazon.com. The process started with a brief presentation by the recruitment team. The process had 5 stages. The first test was online, having 20 objective questions from various topics and 2 questions to code. One required a complete code, the other required coding a method for the specified purpose. This was followed by four technical interviews. Each interviewer constantly typed on their laptop while interviewing us, probably making a note about us. We had to think of a solution for the given problem and optimize the same. This was a "white board" test, which required us to write actual code for the solution. The questions were pretty tough, but were manageable. The interviewers were very friendly and were very open about their work culture.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were from data structure implementation point of view. They required a strong understanding of the problem statement to decide the correct data structure to implement. They were very stern about the required efficiency of the solution. Getting a solution wasn't enough, we are expected to give the best solution we can possibly think of!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this was a campus hiring drive, there wasn't a scope for negotiation. The salary split-up was presented to us in the start of the process

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Software Development Engineer I

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details You have 1 written , 2/3 telephonic and 4/6 f2f rounds.

Interview Question – All question needed good amount of logical thinking.   Answer Question