Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Amazon.com Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 07, 2014

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted by the HR to schedule the interview.
Both the interviewers were nice and it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Q. Remove duplicates from an sorted array inplace. He was expecting a linear time solution for this.   View Answer
  • Q. A question on BFS.   Answer Question
  • Q. Reverse a linked list without modifying the existing list.   View Answer
  • Q. write code to detect if an array contains any duplicates?   View Answer

Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details Got referred at the beginning of Feb, then reached by recruiter at 2/24 and assigned 2 technical phone interview at 2/27

1. Sent you a Collabedit link before the interview.
    Introduce yourself really quickly.
    Given a binary tree with different values on each node, find those values N which N%7 == 0.
    Why C++ has destruction.
    Given an int number, return the number of 1s in base 2. For example, 6 = 0000110 return 2.
    What's the difference between the stack and heap when they are initialized.
    What's multi-inheritance and why it's bad.

2. Sent you a Collabedit link befor the interview.
    pow
    Binary tree level traversal.

Interview Question – What's the difference between the stack and heap when they are initialized.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I missed the call from HR and then received an official offer letter from him. The team is not in Seattle but in Amazon Lab 126 Kindle team. I thought it's OK and accepted it.

Very Difficult Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details 2 hour back to back technical interview. You will get a third technical interview if they think you were on the fence.

Interview Question – Hashing, data structures, and design questions. They also asked me if i took the algorithms class, then they proceeded to ask me about NP-Complete problems etc. They were very nice overall. I recommend getting a good cell phone reception and internet access before the interview, because my call kept dropping on me during the interview. It dropped at least 6 times during my first technical interview, and I think they weren't happy about it, therefore I was sent to a third technical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Two days to get offer

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Split a linked list into even and odd parts
Sqrt function

Interview Question – Given a red and black tree,traverse a tree from bottom to up and remove red nodes preserving structure of tree   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!