Amazon.com Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Questions

3.2

205 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

It was a on-campus PI. There were 3 rounds. One coding round and 2 PI's.

Interview Questions
  • There was as such no hard question for me. But unfortunately i was not prepared for this interview. Frankly this was my first ever interview. So yes i was bit nervous and i didn't knew about the tips and tricks for cracking the interview at that time. I was asked the following 2 questions:

1. given a tree, do the level order traversal of the tree. Explain the logic and write it's proper code not pseudo-code.

2 given a link list, Reverse a Linked List in groups of given size. write it's code.
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2012.

One written test - 20 MCQ's on C, OS, Aptitude, LR, DBMS

Then three rounds of interview. All questions were from Tress or LinkedList.

Final interview round was a face to face.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

Well it initially starts with a telephonic call followed by 4-5 onsite rounds of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2011.

1 online technical test of 90 minutes consisting of some multiple choice questions and 3 programming questions followed by an interview

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

The entire process was very enjoyable for me. Before the interview, I was informed on the topics they would ask so I could better prepare myself for it. I had back-to-back interviews with 45 minutes each. The interview didn't delve too much into my past experience and just went straight to the technical questions. I answered 2 questions for each interview. The questions were about data structures and algorithms, if you know the Cracking book pretty well then it should be no problem. The interviewers were nice and guided me with the right directions to answer the questions. I was given an offer a week later and was provided with very detailed information about the internship. Overall it was a very positive interviewing experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • Very expected questions. For every question, you are expected to explain your approach, step through conceptually, and then write the code, step through the code, and clean up the code. Although questions are not the most difficult, you need to be very accurate and precise with your thought process and code.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I had two or three phone interviews and went to the local office that was hiring to do a four hour in-person interview. Phone interviews consisted of technical questions and in-person interview consisted of technical and personal questions.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Applied online in January 2014 and received a call to set up an interview within a week. I had two 45 mins technical interviews. I was asked to code on a shared editor to solve some simple problems. Nothing unexpected, questions were like the ones that everyone comes across in technical interviews.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I had a contact in the company. The person forwarded my resume to his manager and a few days later HR person contacted me for schedules. Two phone interviews were scheduled. Each was 1 hour. One interviewer told me that the company would invite me for on-site if I did well on the phone interviews, but I screwed the interviews up. :(

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to give a scalable system design of Amazon.com's order number generation service.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied on college job site. Received an email to pick a date to have two 45 minute interviews at my college career center. First interview had a pretty common question. Second interview was more difficult, not types of question you would see in Cracking the Coding Interview. Overall, the interview was fair. Just practice writing out code on paper or a whiteboard if you have a face-to-face interview and brush up on basic algorithms! I interviewed on Thursday and received an email with offer on Monday.

No negotiation for interns

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied twice, once in early October and once in late October, and I talked to them at a career fair in between those two dates. I did not get an email until the night of December 3rd, which invited me to interview on December 5th. Usually companies will invite you to choose a specific date that fit your schedule so I found it a little rude for them to schedule an interview less than 48 hours away. Luckily I was free at that time, but I did not have a positive image of the process. The two interviews were going to be back to back 45 min phone interviews that started on the hour, so 15 min break in between.

Interview Questions
    • write a function that takes in an int and returns a string that would be how one would say that number (ex: 123 -> one hundred twenty three; 50019 -> five thousand nineteen).   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!