Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
205 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details It was a on-campus PI. There were 3 rounds. One coding round and 2 PI's.

Interview Question – There was as such no hard question for me. But unfortunately i was not prepared for this interview. Frankly this was my first ever interview. So yes i was bit nervous and i didn't knew about the tips and tricks for cracking the interview at that time. I was asked the following 2 questions:

1. given a tree, do the level order traversal of the tree. Explain the logic and write it's proper code not pseudo-code.

2 given a link list, Reverse a Linked List in groups of given size. write it's code.
  View Answer

Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

Interview Details Well it initially starts with a telephonic call followed by 4-5 onsite rounds of interviews.

Interview Question – There wasn't any question of very high difficulty   Answer Question

New Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2012.

Interview Details One written test - 20 MCQ's on C, OS, Aptitude, LR, DBMS

Then three rounds of interview. All questions were from Tress or LinkedList.

Final interview round was a face to face.

Interview Question – What is the most appropiate DS to implement a T9 dictionary   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

New Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2011.

Interview Details 1 online technical test of 90 minutes consisting of some multiple choice questions and 3 programming questions followed by an interview

Interview Question – What all do you know about Amazon   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Interview Details The entire process was very enjoyable for me. Before the interview, I was informed on the topics they would ask so I could better prepare myself for it. I had back-to-back interviews with 45 minutes each. The interview didn't delve too much into my past experience and just went straight to the technical questions. I answered 2 questions for each interview. The questions were about data structures and algorithms, if you know the Cracking book pretty well then it should be no problem. The interviewers were nice and guided me with the right directions to answer the questions. I was given an offer a week later and was provided with very detailed information about the internship. Overall it was a very positive interviewing experience for me.

Interview Question – Very expected questions. For every question, you are expected to explain your approach, step through conceptually, and then write the code, step through the code, and clean up the code. Although questions are not the most difficult, you need to be very accurate and precise with your thought process and code.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2013.

Interview Details Got the interview through a college career fair. Two back-to-back phone interviews with different people, each one 45 minutes.Both interviews were technical and required coding online. About 2 weeks after the phone interviews, I got an email from the recruiter extending an offer. They gave me about 2 weeks to respond to the official offer.

Interview Question – -Write a method to convert an integer into a roman numeral string
-Design a class for a deck of cards
  Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.

Interview Details Applied through my University Career portal and was interviewed on campus. Two interviewers both were nice and were from software engineering background. Basic interview questions on resume and projects. Then onto some programming.

Interview Questions

• Given nxn grid with some squares that are impassable discuss an algorithm to find a path from start to goal.   Answer Question
  • Given an array of unsorted integer values define a method that determines repeats within the array. Can you optimize your algorithm for space /time.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details I had two or three phone interviews and went to the local office that was hiring to do a four hour in-person interview. Phone interviews consisted of technical questions and in-person interview consisted of technical and personal questions.

Interview Question – technical questions were pretty easy   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online at Amazon careers website. Received an email invitation for 2 phone interviews back to back.

Phone 1: Some initial theory questions about Java and BSTs. Then asked a question to find all the paths from root to leaf that sum up to a given number.

Phone 2: Detailed discussion related to my projects. Asked few OS related questions. Asked about removing duplicates from an array. Sum of elements of an array equal to a given number with variations.

Interview Question – The questions were quite expected. I encourage interviewees to keep their calm and everything will go fine.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details I was selected after their on-campus visit. The interview was also held on campus. Interviewed with 2 people for 45 mins each.
First interviewer: 1) In an array, all numbers appear odd number of times except one. Identify it. Optimize.
2) Implement a cache and write code for it.
3) What is virtual memory? What types of scheduling are you aware of?

Interview Question – Given a 3x3 keypad with ABC on number 2, DEF on number 3 and so on. Given a set of numbers, output all the english words that can be obtained from it. Assume an in-built function exists to check if the given word is an english word or not.
Eg: inuput: 228, output: bat, cat, act and so on.
  Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!