Amazon.com

4.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Two phone interviews.
The first interviewer asked two coding questions:
1. Reverse a doubly-linked list
2. build a trie for a dictionary
The second interviewer asked many behavior questions such as: if you cannot finish a job before the deadline, would you do your best but not finished, or tell your boss you can't...something like that. Then asked some knowledge based questions:
1. difference between inner join and outer join
2. difference between interface and abstract class in java

Interview Questions
  • Given a text file, perform a pre-processing step to create a DS; so later when queried for a word, the lookup is very fast.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Summer Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Two 45-min back-to-back phone interviews. The first American guy was ok and used Collabedit with me. But the second indian woman had weird accent and used googleDoc. Neither of them asked me about my resume and both just started with technical questions. The woman just graduated from university and only worked in Amazon for approximately 1 year. She even doubted the function I wrote about the height of tree. Of course, I was right. I don't like this process overall.

Interview Questions
    • Binary Tree level order traversal.
      In-order traversal a BST tree that each node points to its parent and all leaves link to each other(SLL).
      Find the last k fibonacci numbers that are smaller than n.
        Answer Question