American Airlines

Average Difficulty
389 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in February 2013.

Interview Details 1 - Applied.
2 - Was given the personality test.
3 - Email to take automated telephone interview (6 Q’s w/ only 3 mins to answer).
4 - Completed the automated telephone interview.
- Q1: What aspects of being a FA do you think would be the most difficult or different from other customer service jobs?
- Q2: AA bases are located in large metropolitan areas, tell me about your experience moving and living in a new city?
- Q3: You are approached by an elderly woman who has just gotten off a flight. She is very upset because her flight was late and she has to get to her daughter's wedding tomorrow. She wants to know why her flight was late and when the next available flight to FLL is. She also wants to know about her luggage because it contains her husbands medications.
Q4: Tell me about a time when you had to handle a situation that would normally be dealt with by a supervisor but there were none available. Describe the details and outcome.
- Q5: Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.
- Q6: What excited you about working for AA?
5 - Received call on successfully completing the automated interview also to schedule interview in DFW (aka F2F).
6 - Email to complete Online Application Form.
7 - Assessment Day or "F2F" (4 hours) and included a group task, a small group interview, a 1 on 1 interview, and finally if they are interested in offering you the position you will complete two more assessments - a reach test, and then you'll be fingerprinted which is sent to the FBI for a background check. They'll tell you that it may take up to 14 days to receive a response from AA.
- You will be asked to complete a writing exercise. Q: You are taking a flight from DFW to Tokyo. If you could choose someone to sit next to you on the flight, who would it be and why?
- Group Task: Draw circle with 3 lines inside. Name 3 things that everyone in the group has in common. Each person draw a line from the circle going out. On that line each person writes something about them that's unique to them. Other group must try and guess what person is that unique item belongs to.
- S. Group Q1: What can you do that would be a unique asset that AA would would benefit from hiring you?
- S. Group Q2: Name a time that you gave back to you community where you credited a company or organization?
- S. Group Q3: Describe a time where you made a process better. Explain why it was better.
- S Group Q4: Describe a time where you had to disappoint a customer. How did you handle it and outcome?
- 1:1 Interview: Typical questions will be asked.
8 - 6 days after the Assessment in DFW, telephone call from AA on successfully completing the Assessment process also to schedule the foreign language test.
9 - Completed the LOD assessment. Test will be 100% in the language.
- Asked to read the reading material sent to you.
- Q1: What is your favorite animal and why?
- Q2: Do you work for AA?
- Q3: If you were in politics, what would you do to make the country better?
- Q4: What role would you play as a FA?
- Q5: If you were in an unknown city, what would you do to find a restaurant?
10 - Received email with DOT forms attached to complete and fax back to their compliance department within 3 business days.
11 - Received CJO. Sign into the new hire portal, read and accept the job.
12 - Received email scheduling the medical exam and agility (aka POET).
13 - Flew to DFW to complete the medical/agility test.
- Fill out forms.
- 2 urine tests (DOT & AA). You cannot do both urine test at the same time, so be prepared to drink loads of water after the first cup you fill.
- Read letter lines (you must read at least 5 lines), then color blind test (when you will see colored numbers inside a colored circle), and a depth test (where you will see 4 circles inside a square where you must tell her which one of the 4 circles are coming towards you).
- You will see lights on the left and right of your eyes where you must say "left/right" as you see the lights for peripheral vision.
- Blood pressure taken (now I always have perfect blood pressure but mine was high that day, and she asked me if I flew in? I told her yes and she said that's why it's a tad bit high - so you might want to mention you flew in).
- Take your height/weight.
- Go over medical history with you.
- They will stick this electronic probe in your ear to test ear drums
- They will put you in a booth where you put on the headphones and click this button when you hear a beep.
- Agility: You'll have to push, pull, push, pull, pick up crate while she ups the weight of the crate up to 60 lbs., move crate from one shelf to the top shelf and back down again, all while controlling your heart rate, then complete the color peg board.
14 - Received call, followed by a few emails on successfully completing medical/agility and to assign training date.

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at American Airlines

Interview Details Long process - delays in responses - just a number feeling - no feedback for weeks - young interviewers - unable to talk with a live person - standard interview questions

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at American Airlines in October 2013.

Interview Details You will have a welcome talk and they will tell you alitte about the company. There are group ativites as well as group interviews. If you made it passed this stage you will be given a one on one intrview.

Interview Question – What do you thing of social media?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Interview Details After you fill out your online application, you are given an automated interview to be completed online--no interaction with any actual human beings, just a recited question and less than five minutes to get your answer together before you respond. Nor can you edit or redo your response if you misspeak or talk over yourself--you have one shot and that's it.

Interview Question – They ask what you know about American Airlines as a company as well as the most memorable customer service experience you recently had.   Answer Question

Station Agent Interview

Station Agent

I applied online and interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details Group interview, started out with everyone asking questions to the manager and him answering. The interview took about an hour. He asked 6 questions and each person answered (6 in my group). He alternated so everyone had to answer first once. Make it a point to be on time! After the interview I sent a follow up thank you email and got a call a couple minutes later for the next step- finger printing.

Interview Question – -What is Teamwork to you and give an example of your involvement   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied in may, got an email in July saying I was selected to interview and selected one if the listed day. They flew me to Dallas the day before - you have to fly in before although I did see that they add some exceptions to this, if you come the du before you pay for your accommodations. They have preselected hotels with group rates and they pick you up from the airport and drop you off at the interview location. When u get there they have everyone sit and fill out some paperwork. Our group was surprisingly small only about 10 people. We were all very social and by the end of the day exchanged numbers n emails so we were luck to be in our group - I saw a later group of about 30- after paperwork was complete we went to another room to hear a "presentation" which was pretty much information about the company pay and benefits.. After that, the same person conducted the interview, there were 3 questions we all answered and then we read a small flight attendant script. The questions were simple, what are u currently doing, what would u do to help a first time nervous flyer. After that we went to a room and waited for one in one interviews- they interview all of us, I don't know if they always do that, or if it was because our Group was so small, we did also gave great candidates though- during the one on one the interviewer asked about 6 questions, situation based. After I was able to ask questions. Then the recruiter said is be a good fit, I was finger printed and went to give pee the same day. In my group 7 of the 10 were selected

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nonnegotiable pay is 18 and change

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in November 2013.

Interview Details I got the interview through campus recruiting. There were three rounds interviews. For the first round interview, most questions were accounting and finance technique questions. Those questions were also related to airline industry. The questions were pretty straight forward, especially for people who have finance background. All questions were fair, as long as you are prepared.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at American Airlines in August 2013.

Interview Details Initial interview by phone followed by next day face to face interview. Very pleasant VP the environment seemed professional. 2nd face to face interview with team I thought it went OK no good vibe from team one of them was completely out of it they asked a lot of the same questions I had already answered with the VP.

Interview Question – No unusual question was asked.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details Had an hour long group interview and they told us they will make a decision weather to offer the job to someone or call us back for a second interview next week. Waited for 2 weeks when they decided we need to come in for a second. The second was 2 hour long in a freezing dinning room. To do a computer test by typing up a word document, basic excel and creating a power point slide. Waste of time!

Interview Question – 1. Analyzing their quarterly balance sheet and talk about as many things as possible.
2. Benefit of a credit unions compared to banks
  Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied the last week of April, got an email and a call for an online video interview a few days later. I got a call about three weeks later from AA asking if I would be interested in flying out to DFW for a face - to - face interview. They covered the flight, but I had to pay for a hotel in TX after the interview because they could not get me back out that day. Everyone was very friendly and really helped put me at ease. There were about seven people total who interviewed my group of about 25. All of the interviewees were very friendly also. We broke off just to groups of about five and did an activity where we drew a circle and wrote three things we had in common and then each drew a line outside the circle and wrote one thing unique about ourselves. Then we sp lo it off into different groups again and did group interviews. The questions were things like "define good customer service," "what would you look for in hiring a flight attendant" "who would you choose to have dinner with if it could be anyone in the world" and "

Interview Question – "What's your favorite corporate brand and why?" I was not expecting this and I'm sure I absolutely blew it. All of the other questions related to flight or preparation for the position, so this one caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!