American Airlines

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

August 4, 2014 -
    Applied

August 6, 2014 -
    Received a email to do a video interview and you only have 5 days to do it and a phone regarding the email.

August 8, 2014 -
    Did the video interview looking at myself while answering the question.
    5 question, 3 minutes to answer each question, and a minute to think of each question before they start to record you.
       1st question: Please tell me what has it attractive you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about the employee culture.
       2nd question: Please tell me where did you gain your customer experience.
       3rd question: Please tell me about a time that you received outstanding customer services and what made it memorable.
       4th question: Please tell me what customer services you possess that would make you you a perfect candidate for the American Airlines Flight Attendant position.
       5th question: Please tell me about a difficulty team experience and what made it challenging.
    (dress like your going to a live interview, and be careful about your background surrounding and noises)

August 11, 2014-
    Received a email to update the online application.

September 12, 2014-
    Received a email congratulating me on passing the first process and inviting me to call a 1-800 number to schedule a face to face interview.
    Called back the number the same day and schedule me to fly in late October.

September 18, 2014-
    Received a email regarding my Flight Itinerary.

So now im waiting to fly there.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

I applied online, took few weeks for email assessment to be sent. Did video interview, you do have the option to do phone video. Be sure you read small letter at bottom of screen. Still waiting on answer if yes or no.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Pretty straightforward questions. A case need to be done in 30 mins. I prepared for it by reading some papers about dynamic pricing. After one month, some lady called me to have another interview, but I missed it. I called back, but she told me it was a mistake. If I just got rejection, I would not feel that frustrated....

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online 10/08. Received email for assessment test 2 weeks later. Received email for invite to video interview 11/20. Still waiting for a response as he process will take a long time due to excessive applicants. This is my 3rd attempt to get hired. I am currently a flight attendant and this is my first time actually getting past the assessment test.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

Step 1 - Online Application & Assessment
    background check and personality

Step 2 - Recorded Video/Web Cam Q & A
    6 "STAR" formatted questions

Step 3 - Patiently Wait...
    2 weeks - 5 months

Step 4 - On-sight interview scheduled (4 hrs)
    Passport Check, Welcome Video, Ice Breaker, Q & A, Group Interview (4-5 ?s)

Step 5 - Position/Training Overview

Step 6 - Patiently Wait

Interview Questions
    • Please share a time when you provided excellent customer service/ or went above and beyond.

Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
        Answer Question
    N/A

Network Planning Analyst Interview

I was told it would be a two hour telephone interview followed by further stages that may include up to 5 stages by HR. The HR person seemed very uninformed and did not follow up to inform me of outcome and when I contacted HR, they have no idea what is going on. Extremely unprofessional. Needs serious improvement in staff and recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about have you used t series test, have you use linear regression tests, etc. it was like a firing squad of questions by a robot. After 1 month after the 2hr telephone they didnt evene have deceny to notify me I didnt get the role, and when I contacted HR they have no idea what was going on. Shocking. Truly expected better standards.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines.

It actually took a while before making it through the entire process. Upon applying, the send you an email requesting that you complete an online interview. They ask various questions pertaining to the job position you applied for. Make sure you dress professionally and ensure that your background is not distracting. After completing, it could take a while for them to review and get back with you, don't get discouraged (I did). They enventually sent me a follow email requesting that fill out some more information on my application and then......I waited...I waited, for about 4 months. I finally received an invitation email to arrange a flight to Dallas to complete a face to face on-site interview. It was scheduled for about a month and half out. When arriving, you take a shuttle to their training center. Very nice, might I add! It is the training center where if you offered employment, you will spend roughly 7 1/2 weeks. I must say that, althought I was rather nervous, the whole process was actually a lot of fun!! Met some really amazing people and a good time. The questions asked are not out of the usual and the recruiters were all pleasant and inviting! Waiting to hear back as to whether I will be considered for training, but all in all, it was a really good experience!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. Please pay attention to instructions!! They will ask you to complete various tasks in the form of a game. Its all fun, but they are paying attention to if you have followed their instructions.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Put in my app October 6th...received email for video interview Oct 20th..now waiting on acceptance or rejection. Asked me 6 questions it appeared because of the questions that their focusing on customer service...ie explain a customer service experience I received...what made it memorable? Explain a difficult customer service experience..what was the outcome

Interview Questions
    • What does employee culture mean? Threw me off   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2013.

1 - Applied.
    2 - Was given the personality test.
    3 - Email to take automated telephone interview (6 Q’s w/ only 3 mins to answer).
    4 - Completed the automated telephone interview.
    - Q1: What aspects of being a FA do you think would be the most difficult or different from other customer service jobs?
    - Q2: AA bases are located in large metropolitan areas, tell me about your experience moving and living in a new city?
    - Q3: You are approached by an elderly woman who has just gotten off a flight. She is very upset because her flight was late and she has to get to her daughter's wedding tomorrow. She wants to know why her flight was late and when the next available flight to FLL is. She also wants to know about her luggage because it contains her husbands medications.
    Q4: Tell me about a time when you had to handle a situation that would normally be dealt with by a supervisor but there were none available. Describe the details and outcome.
    - Q5: Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.
    - Q6: What excited you about working for AA?
    5 - Received call on successfully completing the automated interview also to schedule interview in DFW (aka F2F).
    6 - Email to complete Online Application Form.
    7 - Assessment Day or "F2F" (4 hours) and included a group task, a small group interview, a 1 on 1 interview, and finally if they are interested in offering you the position you will complete two more assessments - a reach test, and then you'll be fingerprinted which is sent to the FBI for a background check. They'll tell you that it may take up to 14 days to receive a response from AA.
    - You will be asked to complete a writing exercise. Q: You are taking a flight from DFW to Tokyo. If you could choose someone to sit next to you on the flight, who would it be and why?
    - Group Task: Draw circle with 3 lines inside. Name 3 things that everyone in the group has in common. Each person draw a line from the circle going out. On that line each person writes something about them that's unique to them. Other group must try and guess what person is that unique item belongs to.
    - S. Group Q1: What can you do that would be a unique asset that AA would would benefit from hiring you?
    - S. Group Q2: Name a time that you gave back to you community where you credited a company or organization?
    - S. Group Q3: Describe a time where you made a process better. Explain why it was better.
    - S Group Q4: Describe a time where you had to disappoint a customer. How did you handle it and outcome?
    - 1:1 Interview: Typical questions will be asked.
    8 - 6 days after the Assessment in DFW, telephone call from AA on successfully completing the Assessment process also to schedule the foreign language test.
    9 - Completed the LOD assessment. Test will be 100% in the language.
    - Asked to read the reading material sent to you.
    - Q1: What is your favorite animal and why?
    - Q2: Do you work for AA?
    - Q3: If you were in politics, what would you do to make the country better?
    - Q4: What role would you play as a FA?
    - Q5: If you were in an unknown city, what would you do to find a restaurant?
    10 - Received email with DOT forms attached to complete and fax back to their compliance department within 3 business days.
    11 - Received CJO. Sign into the new hire portal, read and accept the job.
    12 - Received email scheduling the medical exam and agility (aka POET).
    13 - Flew to DFW to complete the medical/agility test.
    - Fill out forms.
    - 2 urine tests (DOT & AA). You cannot do both urine test at the same time, so be prepared to drink loads of water after the first cup you fill.
    - Read letter lines (you must read at least 5 lines), then color blind test (when you will see colored numbers inside a colored circle), and a depth test (where you will see 4 circles inside a square where you must tell her which one of the 4 circles are coming towards you).
    - You will see lights on the left and right of your eyes where you must say "left/right" as you see the lights for peripheral vision.
    - Blood pressure taken (now I always have perfect blood pressure but mine was high that day, and she asked me if I flew in? I told her yes and she said that's why it's a tad bit high - so you might want to mention you flew in).
    - Take your height/weight.
    - Go over medical history with you.
    - They will stick this electronic probe in your ear to test ear drums
    - They will put you in a booth where you put on the headphones and click this button when you hear a beep.
    - Agility: You'll have to push, pull, push, pull, pick up crate while she ups the weight of the crate up to 60 lbs., move crate from one shelf to the top shelf and back down again, all while controlling your heart rate, then complete the color peg board.
    14 - Received call, followed by a few emails on successfully completing medical/agility and to assign training date.

Stock Clerk Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines.

Great. No problems. Answer all the questions. Pleasant HR Rep. Good company to work for.
    Passed testing questions.
    God Bless American Airlines on their changes. The best is yet to come!