American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.9

Call Center Interview

They ask you questions that you have to give them actually story that you experience like tell me a situation where you had to make a deadline and how did u accomplished it

Interview Questions
    • What are your strenghts tell me a situation when u had a deadline you had to meet and how did u accomplish it   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Includes a personality test and basic skills test. Then an initial interview with HR. If selected, there will be a second interview that is like a career fair and involves roleplaying and interviewing. within 1 week, you get a call to see if you are hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • Role-playing with interviewer about situations involving insurance claims.
      What is an ethical choice you had to make?
      When did you go above your job description?
        View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, ME (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in September 2014.

Applied online. Received a call from HR two days later. The HR rep explained salary and shift info, and then conducted a brief pre-interview with questions such as: Why I wanted to work there and how I handle stress and conflict. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to schedule an interview at the local office. I accepted their next available interview time which was the following afternoon. The interview was with a CSR supervisor who was welcoming and made me feel at ease. The interview lasted about 1.5 hrs. Answers were expected to be specific and include the outcome of the example given. The interviewer wrote down all of my responses. It seem to go well. After the interview, I was sent a link to an online assessment which took about an hour to complete. There were several timed sections in the assessment to include interpreting codes and navigating mock customer service calls. Two days later, I received a call from the supervisor who interviewed me with an offer for a job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time:
      when you made a mistake at work;
      when you had a conflict with a coworker.
        Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2014.

went to open house of last month on the 22nd took a assessment pass the test which was pretty simple after test was done was interviewed the same day. Did background check with company call Hire Right and and a drug test through Lab Corp all together the process to 4 days .

Interview Questions
    • the interview question was crazy! But I passed all question   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

i applied online and it took about 6-8 weeks for them to call for an interview. first they did a phone interview, then an in person interview after you get a chance to sit with someone and listen to them work, and then i got the offer i think 2 weeks later

Interview Questions
    • basically if you look up youtube videos on behavioral based questions then you should be good. just be ready to have specific examples of how you did something awesome and how you a a perfect fit for a highly repetative job with little to no autonomy, requiring to work on holidays and your days off if it is after a holiday and be open to working hours that dont let you have a social life whatsoever   View Answer
    i was told i was going to be paid more due to my experience at one of the competitors but they lied and gave me the same pay as everyone else who started out

Insurance Customer Service (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2014.

Applied online, phone interview then face to face. The face to face lasted about 2 hours and consist of 3 stages. 1st stage was a 15 review of the company, and 2nd was a role play of answering calls. If you passed that then came the interview with the hiring manager . It was average and everyone was extremely nice .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer. Whet was the situation and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question
    No negotiating . Was offered $15.05

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Mary, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2014.

I had a phone interview went well then I had to come in for a face to face interview not to mention my interviewer was late and very rude. Didn't seem like she wanted to interview me at all and she also seemed like she didn't know what she was doing I felt very uncomfortable. after the 3 question was name a time you had to adjust to change I gave my answer of how I would have training very frequently and I had to adjust to new products and systems frequently and compared it to my previous job then she looked at the other said and said we need a moment came back and said we are done. I asked is there role play she said no I felt very disrespected for them being rude and not even giving me a chance I'm more than qualified for the position and would have made a great asset to the team( previous employment being inbound service and sales for a telelcommunication company) so I know for sure how to do the position but this expierence made me really wonder how they got in the door if there's always angry and unethical I feel like I deserve a new interviewer and they deserve to reevaluated .....worse interview I have ever expierenced AAA you need to find more friendly ppl for interviewing

Interview Questions
    • They asked name a time you had to sacrifice quality for speed lol?

Name sonething you regret doing in a work place lol?

Name a time you had to adapt to change.( funny they ask you to use your previous work expierence but as soon I mentioned my previous employer and told them how similar they are they got upset and cut me off )
        Answer Question

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Heathrow, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2012.

You will be asked about stats, coaching, KPIs, and teamwork. It can be a stresfull envioronment, so make sure you can talk about being able to handle pressure, exspecially with the reps and dispatchers. The AAA deals with road service, memberships, travel, insurance. Pending your specialtiy, make sure you talk about the field you are applying in! Like if you know travel, talk it up. Insurance, travel, do you have any of the training / certs? Show them off.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to choose between good stats and budgets, what would you chose?!   Answer Question
    Negotiations based on market.

Travel Agent Trainee Dallas North Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2014.

I applied online and Went to an open house on a Saturday signed in. Monday I received a call from HR to complete an assessment. Waited two days Wednesday she informed they were interested in an interview! Thursday the hiring manager called to set up an interview for the following day she was very flexible with timing. Friday I interviewed initially for travel counselor role l, but they wanted to take it up a step and put me in the training for a travel agent role contingent on completing the test for that position! For formal interview they made me feel comfortable 2 panel both whom had been in the company for years! They were very informative. They asked general questions from a packet it took about an hour to complete. That Monday morning I received the test which was very long! It took two hours to complete but it's self paced! Do not overthink just take it! The test informed I passed and to contact HR. HR informed I passed with flying colors! Two days passed and that Wednesday same day they asked me to come in for a sit in and interview with a travel agent. I sat in he showed me a few things on the computer their different vendors and again was very excited about his job! After the sit in the manager came in to get me and offered the position contingent upon passing a hair drug test and a background check! He told me I would be placed in Lewisville( I discussed my area of living in the interview which was Denton so this was great!) I was sent the Hireright package the same day completed it Thursday and drug tested Friday! Hireright takes the longest to complete! But overall great experience be professional!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you didn't get along with an employee.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate I was offered About 30k+ annually

Travel Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in June 2014.

Applied after seeing a job posting on Careerbuilder.com. After applying, I received an email asking me when i would be available to talk about the position. I spoke to the interviewer the next day by phone. She asked me questions and told me about the job. Then asked me to complete an online assessment. After that I was again called and told that I was selected to go further in the interview process. And they wanted to meet me for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you provided excellent customer service.   View Answer

The position would start in one location, however if someone with more seniority wanted to transfer to your location, they would move you to accommodate that person. So you may be working in North Dallas near your home starting out, and then someone wanted to transfer there, they would move you to West Ft. Worth, or another Branch. I did not like that idea. Gasoline is too expensive.

Worked for American Automobile Association (AAA)? Contribute to the Community!