American Eagle Outfitters

302 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Foley, AL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2012.

Interview Details It was very simple interview, they asked basic questions about experience, what you plan to bring to the company, etc.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions personally were about how would you handle disgruntled people.   Answer Question

Albany, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was very laid back. I applied during the holiday season, and after handing in my application, I was scheduled to come in for an interview. The manager reviewed my application and asked me some basic questions (why I chose AEO, what my personal style was, what experience I had). The interview lasted all of five to ten minutes, and then I was scheduled to come in for a training day.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was probably why I chose American Eagle, mostly because they spring it on your so quickly you're not expecting it!   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Auburn Hills, MI (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2012.

Interview Details I was just hired because they needed to fill a spot, I never got any additional training and I had asked numerous times. I wanted to feel like I was part of a company that invested in their people but I was so excited to even work for AE I thought it would happen eventually. Unfortunately I was there for 1.5years and decided that I was never going to get the training and I deserved better than that.

Interview Question – Why American Eagle?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Framingham Center, MA (US)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in January 2010.

Interview Details You go in and fill out a form. If they like you then they will ask you right then and there when you can come in for an interview that week. If they say they will call you back, it's a lie.

Interview Question – Have you worked in retail?   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2011.

Interview Details Recruiters are all extremely friendly and helpful, and mindful of your concerns and comments as an employee

Interview Question – Knowing what the current trends are and understanding of the companies product   Answer Question

Kingston, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details single one on one interview

Interview Question – A time when you delivered exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details One interview. Upon walking in, non-hiring manager was very friendly and excited to see me. Hiring manager was very nice and friendly, and asked a few general/personal questions as if she was trying to get to know me as a friend. No questions asked that required answers that may have hindered my interview success, just questions about university etc. Interview questions were standard, nothing new. Tricky to think of answers if you've never worked in retail but if you've worked in service at all, then talk about that lots and how it translates. They want people persons and those who are easy to get along with. If you're overly organizational they love that too. They'll make you do a 200 question computer test to analyze your personality-whether you get the job or not it's super interesting to learn what your results mean. Test only takes 5-10 minutes.

Interview Question – "Explain what you'd do if a customer calls you a not-so-nice word and yells at you while you're ringing them through the till."   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2010.

Interview Details So much turnover the first year. 4 different assistant manager. And then 3 different store manager

Interview Question – None really, she was an amazing, too bad she left soon after.   Answer Question

Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details Interview was very laid back and relaxed. I went in and handed in my application and they set up an interview right away I was trying to get a part time position. At my interview we sat in the food court and he asked me very regular questions such as why would I want to work there? what would I consider my personal style? what are my strengths and weakness'? just simple things. American eagle is looking to hire laid back relaxed people so when asked how you would describe yourself? that would be the correct answer. They called me about 2 hours after my interview and told me that I got the job.

Interview Question – Favorite current trend?   View Answer

Merchant In Training Program Interview

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in January 2014.

Interview Details I did the first round of the math exam and passed. From there I finished the online interview given to me from AEO recruiters. The interview was very impersonal, it was pre-recorded online. As you answer online it would lead you to the next question with no interaction with human feedback etc.

Interview Question – One of the most common questions asked was "Where do you see yourself in the industry"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Eagle Outfitters

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Eagle Outfitters interview questions and advice. All 302 interview reviews are posted anonymously by American Eagle Outfitters employees and interview candidates.