American Eagle Outfitters

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

2.2

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

It was a group interview. The hiring manager focused on one person more than the other.Strict rules on how to dress. The wait for the interview took longer then it should be. The hiring manager was very nice though. You must shop there and be a loyal customer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I applied to American Eagle as a part-time sales associate in October and about 2 weeks later I got a call for an interview. I sat down in the corner of the store with a manager and after a few questions he told me I was hired. However, he told me I would be a seasonal employee because I did not have any previous experience in retail, but if they liked me, they would offer me a part-time position. I was thrilled to even be offered a seasonal position. He told me that my first day would be Black Friday, which I did not have a problem with. After my first shift, I asked how I would find out my hours every week. They told me to call every week and they would tell me when I was scheduled. For about 2 weeks I called and I was not put on the schedule. The 3rd week I called, they had told me that they never meant to hire me as a seasonal employee. They just wanted me to work on Black Friday.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2015.

I applied in stores and the process took about two weeks. It was a one on one interview in the mall. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. I was asked very basic retail questions and then in return I got to ask questions. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I was told I got the job right after.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to present yourself in front of a large group or audience.
      What extracurricular activities do you do outside of work and school?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Process was fairly easy. After handing in my application, I was asked to go to the computer and complete a survey that basically analyzes your work style and ethics. Then, a group interview was conducted with basic questions like "How would you describe your personal style?" and "What experience do you have working with others?". Just relax, act cool, and dress trendy.

none

Model Interview

I applied online through a computer they had in store. When I arrived at the interview, (it was a group interview), there were 4 other interwiewees and one interviewer. The questions where what you would expect; "Tell me about a time where you had to make a quick decision and show leadership." and "What do you think of when you think about the American Eagle brand?"

Interview Questions
    • What comes to mind when you think of the American Eagle brand?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I met w/ the district manager. Overall the interview was very lighthearted. She asked me to tell her about my experience and then talked to me a little bit about how they needed help to "turn the store around". Then she asked my salary expectations. I got hired pretty much the next day.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Seemed like a great company. The interview went really well and I felt like I was given a great amount of time to sell myself and I learned a lot about the company.

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Was very pleasant, the recruiters get back to you in a timely manner. The longest part is waiting in between interviews, however I felt very confident through the whole process.

Very smooth

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Was called to schedule for an interview a few days after turning in my application in store. Had a group interview later that weekend. The interview/hiring process was fairly quick.

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

very unprofessional company, I realized I might not want to work there. The guy that called was not even the hiring manager, so why did he even call. I missed his call, then I called him back, he then told me to call the company hotline. I was slightly confused, I knew at that moment the interview process might take longer. I have yet to receive a call back from the manager or HR people.

Interview Questions
    • HR did not get back to me, after several attempt to speak to the manager. Very unprofessional.   View Answer