American Express Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at American Express in August 2014.

Process included a pre-placement talk, followed by a written exam. And then couple of interviews.
    Written exam had aptitude, verbal, some basic c programming questions, 2 sql queries and small write up on team project.
    One technical interview mostly questions posed on puzzles, Java, Sql and dbms. Be prepared to answer questions on some projects.
    One HR round with standard HR questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, pretty much straight forward.   View Answer
    No possibility for negotiation for Internship.

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express in December 2011.

very strong preference to employee referrals grilling round of interviews starting from telephonic ; to HR followed by a job relevant test , next stage is an senior operations manager followed by a team leader at times even with the process director

Interview Questions
    • none as I was from travel background of 6 years and answered all technical question   Answer Question
    not much as they have a maximum range of 45000 per month for the position followed by incentives quarterly

Disputes Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at American Express in October 2013.

Hiring process takes almost a day, includes Mental ability test. Recruiters were helpful. Interview process started with a HR round with all other candidates, then written test and finally a round with a Operations Manager...

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at American Express in August 2014.

It was a walk in interview at Gurgaon Office. It was advertised as post of Financial Analyst. But after 4 hours of wait when first round came, it was told that it is pure accounting profile with main work of reconciling the accounts.

Interview Questions
    • Profile advertised and profile expected was totally different. It still beats me that how is pure accounting that too for reconciling statements can be termed as analyst ?   Answer Question

I was looking for analyst profile as my experience is in that area.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at American Express.

first round- aptitude+coding
    around 40 students were shortlisted.
    second round- technical + HR simple questions. Their main aim was to check analytical skills.
    question asked to me: "about yourself", "write a c code to display a moving clock". 5 students were selected for last round.
    third round: we had to implement a c code to display a bouncing ball.

Relationship Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express in February 2014.

Had gone through 3 PI round with HR, Chanel sales manager and Director ( mostly 3rd round is taken by Zonal Manager). HR round is basic round of personal details the next 2 rounds are of sales round and about your past experience

GCA Fraud Protection- Account Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Express.

3 Rounds , 1 is basic,2 is Test(4 seats) & 3 is a full fledged interview.
    The IInd round which had a test, included Numerical,Logical Reasoning,Analysis,Reading Comprehension & Letter Writing sections.

Interview Questions
    • You are a robber who takes credit & runs away. What'll you do to maximise your profit? What'll you buy?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Express in June 2014.

They cancelled my interview thrice due to unavailability of manager & director who was supposed to take my interview. They scheduled it thrice and cancelled it at their own convenience. Disgusting Hr's with so unprofessional attitude.

Unprofeesional people & management

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Express.

Written Round
    Group Discussion
    One on One Rounds with -
    Trainer or Manager or Director or Telephonic (Depending on role)
    2nd round with - Manager or VP or Director (Depending on role)
    Round with HR - always negotiate on your CTC

Interview Questions
    • Scenarios from your CV
      Something about yourself which set you apart
      How active are you on the social networking circuit
        View Answer
    Smooth and interactive

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express in December 2013.

I was referred by an employee. Initially I went through 3 telephonic rounds with hr, TL and Director. Then they asked me to have face-to-face round.

I then again had a discussion with TL, Director, VP and HR and they all gave positive response because I already had an offer from a big product company but a common question that they all asked me was 'what is the minimum salary that you can join at'. I had given them the number I was expecting right in my first telephonic round.

They then never came back. After 2 weeks I called up HR for the update and he said that he hasn't received any feedback yet but it looks he might not be able to proceed with it.

This was highly unprofessional of them because they already knew my expectation and still they asked me to come for face-to-face and then couldn't give the expected salary.

Interview Questions

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!