American Express

American Express Interview Questions

Updated 2 Mar 2015
Updated 2 Mar 2015

Corporate Sales Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Express.

It was great. Simple. They asked a lot questions. A classy office. Happy about how it went. Didn't mention much of CTC. So let's see. Final interview scheduled with vp

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express in February 2015.

Reached Amex's recruiting centre in Malviya Nagar. Had to submit a copy of my CV right away. 10 min. wait then I had my HR round (face to face). The round lasted 2 min. & was all about the basic intro. Then 15-20 min. wait & I had my Voice & Accent round (telephonic). This round lasted for 15-20 min. It included brief intro & mostly had story-based questions to find any grammatical error or pronunciation mistake. Fluency & rate of speech are important. Then about 20-30 min. wait & I had my Operations round (telephonic). Just before this round, I was advised by HR to frame my reason of leaving previous organization in order to have better odds of getting selected but I decided to be honest and I had solid responses for the Ops Manager's questions. This round was all about being the controller, expressing yourself and confidently clearing the final interview round. It lasted for about 30 min. Soon, I was told I had cleared the interview and got the joining date. Salary discussion was done shortly & it's not much negotiable but Amex will offer you a salary that is already a bit higher than what is offered in the market. The whole interview process was smooth & I was well informed by the HR there about the duration of waiting and the 3 rounds. To get selected, you need to be extremely confident about yourself and should have brilliant communication skills. I had one last short telephonic round with Ops Manager. It was a casual 2 min. talk. Then, I was told about the documents required, joining date & location, getting a normal medical test done that's free of charge, future course of action. It was a crisp & strict interview. Stay focussed and you're good to go.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the questions apart from the basic intro were one-liners and required story-like answers.   View Answer
    Amex offers you a salary that is already a bit higher than what you may get elsewhere in this market. So there is little scope of negotiation but you can always pitch your salary expection if you feel you've performed well in the interview. Only then can the salary be somewhat near to your expectation, as it was in my case.
    What you get as your salary will solely depend on your relevant experience & how the interview went.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express.

Written, followed by two interviews. Written consist of aptitude, oops concept and one program to write. Aptitude questions were difficult while technical were easy. Program given to convert a nmber into its;s word form ex: 12033 convert to twelve thousand and thirty three.

Manager, Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Express.

Pretty normal hiring process not much difference you can feel. The clearity of the job is not provided in advance instead they hide few things and only let you know at the time of interview.

Interview Questions
    • How to get a list of contact database just on the basis of reference   Answer Question

IT was pure Sales

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Express in December 2014.

They were looking for a developer with 1 to 3 year experience. I had a phone call from AMEX as to just give their introduction and to know my area of interest. I have convinced them that I can be a perfect employee for your requirement. Then they arranged for a face to face interview. Below is the process for f2f interview.

1. Small technical test (c, tree, heap-max, semaphore, bit shifting, time analysis (finding order of execution O(n) etc.) and one program)
    - data shifting had 1>>-1 kind of questions also.
    2. Coding test: whatever program we have written in test, implement that. Optimal reusable solution should be implemented. (with internet access)
    3. F2F interview including questions on your coding test, improving your code's re usability and how it can be fitted into OO design.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to convert number into word:
      input: 16203
      output: Sixteen thousand two hundred three

View Answer

QA Analyst Interview

One round interview with the hiring manager. He was a nice guy asked some very simple questions, mainly behaviourial questions. Asked other question related to QA and they were not very difficult questions.

Intern Interview

first round- aptitude+coding
    around 40 students were shortlisted.
    second round- technical + HR simple questions. Their main aim was to check analytical skills.
    question asked to me: "about yourself", "write a c code to display a moving clock". 5 students were selected for last round.
    third round: we had to implement a c code to display a bouncing ball.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express in August 2014.

It was a walk in interview at Gurgaon Office. It was advertised as post of Financial Analyst. But after 4 hours of wait when first round came, it was told that it is pure accounting profile with main work of reconciling the accounts.

Interview Questions
    • Profile advertised and profile expected was totally different. It still beats me that how is pure accounting that too for reconciling statements can be termed as analyst ?   Answer Question

I was looking for analyst profile as my experience is in that area.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express in August 2014.

Process included a pre-placement talk, followed by a written exam. And then couple of interviews.
    Written exam had aptitude, verbal, some basic c programming questions, 2 sql queries and small write up on team project.
    One technical interview mostly questions posed on puzzles, Java, Sql and dbms. Be prepared to answer questions on some projects.
    One HR round with standard HR questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, pretty much straight forward.   View Answer
    No possibility for negotiation for Internship.

GCA Fraud Protection- Account Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Express.

3 Rounds , 1 is basic,2 is Test(4 seats) & 3 is a full fledged interview.
    The IInd round which had a test, included Numerical,Logical Reasoning,Analysis,Reading Comprehension & Letter Writing sections.

Interview Questions
    • You are a robber who takes credit & runs away. What'll you do to maximise your profit? What'll you buy?   Answer Question