American Express

452 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express in February 2014.

Interview Details There are only 2 rounds . first round was taken by HR and TL , it was just to check your communication skills and about your background as for cracking amex interview your communications skills and personality which matters a lot .and then in manager round he just focus on stability issues and salary issues.

Interview Question – why would we hire you ?   Answer Question

CSE Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details Mine was a campus recruitment. Exhaustive one. We went through 5-6 rounds and it took an entire day for the process. However we were informed at the end of the day about our candidature. From GD's to psychometric tests to PI, it was a good experience

Senior Customer Care Professional Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Express in April 2013.

Interview Details Written test is tough and once you are through it, operations round is more deadly. They go through your entire CV and ask questions from your schooling background to previous employer. It's a very long and time taking process, it took 8+ hours for me to get interviewed and get the results declared.

Interview Question – What if you join us and you come to know that company is getting closed and you have a bond with us that you can't leave for an year from your date of joining.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation entertained

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in June 2012.

Interview Details 4 Round.

a. HR - 2 rounds face to face & telephonic.

Will check your basic attitude, some basic questions regarding your personal, social and professional life. Will catch your over all personality & communication skills.

b. Supervisor / SME & hiring manager

situation based test to check your decisions making skills, proper test applied maths, excel, critical thinking, prioritization of issues, team skills and handling, understanding client metrics, SLAs, KROs and what not..but related with domain.

c.
OPS Head with HR ..
Will check your know how skills, attitude, past experience, expectations, will give you a brief.

d .
Not an interview but more a welcome and salary expectations though door is there for negotiation.

Interview Question – HR 1st round.

You have a BPO back ground and this role is different as its not only about English or customer satisfaction but core knowledge about a domain.
SME 2nd round

This lady supervisor said "impress me"
OPS Manager 3rd round

1. How will you make that first impression with your colleague and supervisor that you are an asset.

2. What is your understanding about the top priority in this domain.
  View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in January 2010.

Interview Details Quite simple and clear

Interview Question – Most difficult are quizzes and situation round   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quite Better

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express in December 2013.

Interview Details 1 written test + 3 Rounds of interview - on campus

Interview Question – Everything from Resume, advantages and dis-advantages of variations from projects in resume. Applying ML on case studies   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Express in May 2011.

Interview Details It was good and on time. though 6 rounds of interview made it tough. Let me tell you one thing, if you get selected for a job you will find all rounds were very easy and its very easy to get selected in this company. But after you are hired, you will see for the same position they take interviews and reject many people even in last round and then you will realize that it wasn't that easy to be here.

Interview Question – Questions were based on your behavioral expertise. You can never decide whats correct and whats wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. They offered me more than I expected. I was very happy. Its been more than 2 years in this company and I am still happy.

Quality Analyst Interview

Quality Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at American Express in September 2013.

Interview Details There are 4 Rounds. once you apply online from a website. you receive a call from HR to discuss about your profile. if HR is fine with the discussion you receive a call from HR.

1) Telephonic with HR
2) Telephonic Technical
3) Personal Round - Technical Face to Face
4) Leadership Discussion

Interview Question – what did you do , if there have been differences with your manager?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was very positive. If your interview is good. They are ready to pay you anything you want.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at American Express

Interview Details They took a written test , it mostly consisted of thirty aptitude questions and six coding questions to be solved in 90 minutes. Also there was a section on H.R. type questions, like why do you want to join american express, what are the trends in the IT industry you think will have an impact on the future. The shortlisted candidates were grilled through a group discussion, and two personal interviews, shortlisting being done after each round.

Interview Question – asked about SQL about which I had no idea   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express in October 2012.

Interview Details 5 rounds of interview, it will take 5 hours or so

Interview Question – General questions, most of then from the resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not entertain negotiation. This is what the HR told me when I asked her

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express Videos

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express interview questions and advice. All 452 interview reviews are posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.