American Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

GCA Fraud Protection- Account Protection Specialist Interview

GCA Fraud Protection- Account Protection Specialist
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details 3 Rounds , 1 is basic,2 is Test(4 seats) & 3 is a full fledged interview.
The IInd round which had a test, included Numerical,Logical Reasoning,Analysis,Reading Comprehension & Letter Writing sections.

Interview Question – You are a robber who takes credit & runs away. What'll you do to maximise your profit? What'll you buy?   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Express in June 2014.

Interview Details They cancelled my interview thrice due to unavailability of manager & director who was supposed to take my interview. They scheduled it thrice and cancelled it at their own convenience. Disgusting Hr's with so unprofessional attitude.

Reason for Declining – Unprofeesional people & management

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details Written Round
Group Discussion
One on One Rounds with -
Trainer or Manager or Director or Telephonic (Depending on role)
2nd round with - Manager or VP or Director (Depending on role)
Round with HR - always negotiate on your CTC

Interview Question – Scenarios from your CV
Something about yourself which set you apart
How active are you on the social networking circuit
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Smooth and interactive

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express in December 2013.

Interview Details I was referred by an employee. Initially I went through 3 telephonic rounds with hr, TL and Director. Then they asked me to have face-to-face round.

I then again had a discussion with TL, Director, VP and HR and they all gave positive response because I already had an offer from a big product company but a common question that they all asked me was 'what is the minimum salary that you can join at'. I had given them the number I was expecting right in my first telephonic round.

They then never came back. After 2 weeks I called up HR for the update and he said that he hasn't received any feedback yet but it looks he might not be able to proceed with it.

This was highly unprofessional of them because they already knew my expectation and still they asked me to come for face-to-face and then couldn't give the expected salary.

Interview Question – What is the minimum salary that you can join at   Answer Question

Manager - Training Interview

Manager - Training
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through another source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at American Express in March 2011.

Interview Details Case study , 4 rounds of interviews and one training delivery round

Interview Question – Training delivery round   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express in February 2014.

Interview Details There are only 2 rounds . first round was taken by HR and TL , it was just to check your communication skills and about your background as for cracking amex interview your communications skills and personality which matters a lot .and then in manager round he just focus on stability issues and salary issues.

Interview Question – why would we hire you ?   Answer Question

CSE Interview

CSE

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details Mine was a campus recruitment. Exhaustive one. We went through 5-6 rounds and it took an entire day for the process. However we were informed at the end of the day about our candidature. From GD's to psychometric tests to PI, it was a good experience

Senior Customer Care Professional Interview

Senior Customer Care Professional
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Express in April 2013.

Interview Details Written test is tough and once you are through it, operations round is more deadly. They go through your entire CV and ask questions from your schooling background to previous employer. It's a very long and time taking process, it took 8+ hours for me to get interviewed and get the results declared.

Interview Question – What if you join us and you come to know that company is getting closed and you have a bond with us that you can't leave for an year from your date of joining.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation entertained

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in June 2012.

Interview Details 4 Round.

a. HR - 2 rounds face to face & telephonic.

Will check your basic attitude, some basic questions regarding your personal, social and professional life. Will catch your over all personality & communication skills.

b. Supervisor / SME & hiring manager

situation based test to check your decisions making skills, proper test applied maths, excel, critical thinking, prioritization of issues, team skills and handling, understanding client metrics, SLAs, KROs and what not..but related with domain.

c.
OPS Head with HR ..
Will check your know how skills, attitude, past experience, expectations, will give you a brief.

d .
Not an interview but more a welcome and salary expectations though door is there for negotiation.

Interview Question – HR 1st round.

You have a BPO back ground and this role is different as its not only about English or customer satisfaction but core knowledge about a domain.
SME 2nd round

This lady supervisor said "impress me"
OPS Manager 3rd round

1. How will you make that first impression with your colleague and supervisor that you are an asset.

2. What is your understanding about the top priority in this domain.
  View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in January 2010.

Interview Details Quite simple and clear

Interview Question – Most difficult are quizzes and situation round   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quite Better

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!