American Red Cross

Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in September 2013.

Interview Details After submitting my application for this position in NYC office, I got a phone call to schedule an interview. I was a little surprised when I met 6 people waiting in a meeting room to interview me. In general, they were very nice. I have a feeling that interviewers of NGOs are more friendly than those in other sectors.

Interview Question – How passionate are you about ARC projects   Answer Question

Case Reviewer Interview

Case Reviewer
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Red Cross in March 2010.

Interview Details saw the ad on line and applied online, called in for interview waited one week and go the job that was in March 2001- ARC is great company to work for, i have relocated due to married.

Negotiation Details – none, i recieved what i asked for

Disaster Services Manager Interview

Disaster Services Manager

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied on-line and received phone interview in about a week. Easy questions, such as tell us about yourself, why do you want to work for us, etc. The biggest issue was the salary of 40K for a manager in charge of a 8 county region. I can see why the position sits open for a long time. The interviewer was friendly and seemed to be upfront about the position. The interview was cut short when the salary was mentioned.

Interview Question – Easy, standard questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was well below an acceptable amount for the position.

Donor Recruitment Representative, Account Manager Interview

Donor Recruitment Representative, Account Manager
Roanoke, VA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted via email by a talent strategist to schedule a initial phone interview. The phone interview went well. It was basic questions, What is an achievement from this past year, what is an example of a failure, tell me about a time when you absolutely could not meet the needs of a customer and how you handled it, etc. They also asked me to elaborate on sales and manager experience. They did ask me to share my salary expectations.

Interview Question – Asking me to talk about a time I couldn't meet the customer/client's needs and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There seems to be room for negotiation. They asked about salary in the phone interview however I've only been invited to the 1:1 interview and not sure if I will get a final offer yet.

Very Easy Interview

Collections Tech II Interview

Collections Tech II
Peoria, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in November 2012.

Interview Details Moved Rather quickly once initial contact was made after I submitted my application. Received an email that I was to be considered, Had a phone interview, was then called to a hiring blitz and then interviewed on the spot; after a group orientation type meeting and/or meet and greet, a week later I received a call and then an email offering the position I had applied for.

Interview Question – are you prepared to work even if theres a snowstorm outside, your kids are sick and you're tired?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I knew full well what was expected of me and was comfortable with what I was to be compensated. They offer good benefits, OT, PTO which can be used several ways (not like a lot of employers) and a competitive salary with quarterly and annual raises when their not on a wage freeze.

Donor Recruitment, Blood Services Interview

Donor Recruitment, Blood Services
Little Rock, AR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview Details I was interviewed via phone three times in all. the first two interviews were by someone local, and then the last interview was with a person at a larger office.

Interview Question – Common behavioral interview questions...tell me about a difficult situation at work and how you resolved it, tell me about a time you failed...   View Answer

Blood Services Interview

Blood Services
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2011.

Interview Details There was a presentation that had to talk about the Red Cross given to a specific demographic. Lots of hypothetical questions. And "Tell me about a time you had to...." in your last job....

Interview Question – They asked a lot of hypothetical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They won't negotiate. They pay like it's 1972. High turnover because of it.

Very Easy Interview

Telerecruiter Interview

Telerecruiter
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in February 2014.

Interview Details Interview took 20 minutes, but I waited to be seen for an hour. The overall interview was fine, but I wished that they could have given me a definitive answer for the position that I was applying for.

Interview Question – How to deal with people who are angry with you on the phones. There is no training for that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a full time position, but they changed it to a part-time position.

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in October 2013.

Interview Details Phone screening interview, followed hiring manager screening (30 minutes) followed by an interview day with 2-4 people . Be sure to speak to all the elements in the job description. If it uses acronyms, find out. It's a complicated organization -- learn what department you are applying for and how you could provide value.

Interview Question – You may get cases to solve   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room. KNow what you're worth going into it.

Executive Director- Sales Interview

Executive Director- Sales
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at American Red Cross in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied and within 2 weeks I was e-mailed for a phone interview. After the interview I was told I would receive a email with a link to complete my application. Then was told in perxson interviews would take place in 2 weeks. After three weeks I had not heard anything so I emailed the HR person I was cooresponding with. She said it was taking longer than she had anticipated. 2 months later, I emailed again. The HR person apologized and said they were still working out the details. Another month went by and still working out the details. After 4 months they notified me that the position is cancelled.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. But it was hard to tell if I was responding in the right way.   Answer Question

Worked for American Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!