Ameriprise Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct 2014

2.5

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ameriprise in January 2013.

aptitude test, personal interview, both round was good, but dont know why they didn't offer me that job. atmosphere was very good. people who are working there, they are very charming. anyone would love to work in such an environment. it was my bad luck, that i did not get through.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise in November 2011.

Please send me your resume and I would forward it. There would be 3-4 rounds of interview - all technical mainly i.e work related.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I was able to negaotiate

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise in April 2010.

My friend told me about the interviews and he recommended me in the company, then i called at the company and fixed an interview. for preparing i took help from my friends and saw some sample interviews available on net on how to present myself during the interview.
    the company took my IQ test first, after passing the test they took 2:1 interview and after passing that round , i gave the skills test.
    during the 2:1 interview i was just honest, not trying too hard to give my answers in an exceptional way, just trying to make it simple and used a little bit humour in between the interview to lighten up the environment. confidence is the key.
    work culture is very professional there and people help each other , facilities provided were of international standards,

Interview Questions
    there was no need for me to negotiate at Ameriprise they provided good salary
    but at Patni i have to negotiate my salary.

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ameriprise in June 2009.

4 rounds
    1 : HR (normal typical HR question)
    2. Written Test( Accounting question/Regioning question/English question)
    3. 1:1 Interview : With Team Leader
    4. 1:1 Interview : With Managerial level position

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise.

Sat with group of candidates and went through testing separately, listened to phone calls, individuals who passed customer service test were called into separate room. Spoke to hiring manager and was presented with 8 behavioral questions

Actuary Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Ameriprise.

Phone interview was very short and straight forward. Flew me out for the day. Interview was nice. There were some technical questions. But mostly just meeting and checking out the city and having lunch.

Interview Questions
    • How can you use your people skills to manipulate situations?   Answer Question

Not the right location

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ameriprise in October 2014.

Great, team on the franchise and corporate side. They are looking for people who look very professional in appearance as well as demeanor. Questions included those focused on professionalism, strengths, weaknesses, interests in the field, knowledge of the company, displaying leadership skills, team oriented, commitment level, education, and adaptability.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were around hypothetical situations and how you were able to adapt, react, and prepare. Very important to show that you are proactive, organized, prepared, and have a wealth of knowledge of the company and how interacts internally and externally.   Answer Question

Other opportunity came about everyone was very nice and professional. Great opportunity if you like fast pace and have an avid interest in the financial field. Awesome choice for the right candidate and the right fit.

Open Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ameriprise.

A recruiter contacted me about the position then was contacted with a location and name for the interview. Went to a panel-type interview with two people with one person mostly asking the questions and the other chiming in every now and then.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was a language barrier at first with the person who shepherd me interview location then the main questioner arrived and took over. The unexpected aspect was that the main questioner seemed very tired and I was not at my best having rushed to the interview.   View Answer

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ameriprise.

Had 2 interviews and 1 in-person interview. The in-person interview was 3 hours long with 6 different people. The lady that was supposed to meet me to take me to the first individual was late to work that day so I only got to meet in-person with the hiring manger for 20 of the 30 scheduled minutes, which I thought was very unprofessional. Then after the 3 hour interview session I didn't hear from the company for 3 more weeks with their decision. Very slow process and seemed a little misguided and unprofessional at times.

Interview Questions

The discussions with the employees during the interviews provided insight in to some of the unrealistic expectations of the company and shareholders that concerned me about the long-term viability of the role and department growth.

Anonymous Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ameriprise.

Phone screening from recruiter, then asked to come in and interview with 3 different HR VP's. I had 3 different interviews, one with each person. I had to wait about 2 months to hear anything and it was only after I called back. Their hiring process takes very long. I did accept the job but was extremely unhappy. It was disturbing to me that I worked in HR but found HR sets the rules but the rules didn't always apply to everyone. Very unethical situations occurred and I finally left company for another company where people are honest and friendly, which is key for me. I want to feel good about the company I work for.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you failed and what you did to rectify the situation. I found it interesting that they used the word 'fail' but found later that they were very negative people and always looking for the negative rather than the positive.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation - either accept the salary offer or not.