Amgen Interview Questions

Updated 16 Sep 2014
Updated 16 Sep 2014

3.1

Research Associate Interview

Got in through a referral . The interview was very easy and basic. Not much to worry about they only check your communication skills.

I got other better offers.

Undergrad Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amgen.

2 interviews. One on campus and one superday. The superday included 4 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. One of the individuals was a very technical based interviewer. As long as you know about the industry and had good questions to ask, that made the most difference. Everyone was very nice and easy to joke around with as well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about accounting and how to value a company. Everything that studying for an IB internship should have taught you   Answer Question
    No negotiations for internship

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amgen.

Amgen has a very good interview process. They are quite detailed in how they set it up and are very accommodating. I had to fly into CA and someone picked me up and took me to the hotel. I then had someone (who Amgen hired) to show me around town so that I can get familiar with the location. During the day of the interview, all the interviewers were in sequential order. I finished the interview and then was dropped back to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult but the individuals who were asking them weren't as professional as I would have hoped.   View Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Amgen.

Behavioural based interview highly structured Q and A. Minimal chit chat. Run by recruiter line manager present was quite unprofessional. Overall duration less than one hour. No follow up with any additional questions. Just moved to next question on the list.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Quite predictable questions. For example tell us about your proudest achievement?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amgen.

Phone Screen followed by a face 2 face. Total wait period Interview to job: 3 weeks. Enough time to prepare if required.Freindly folks all around. Great campus. Great atmosphere. Point to point questions about real time scenarios, PM Challenges, Scope Creep situations, Resolving Risks & Issues. Vendor Management, Reporting structures, corporate communication skills etc.

Global Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amgen.

I was initially contacted by the manager that I would be working with via phone interview. After two phone interviews, I was given an offer. The interview process was very informal, but again, this was for an MBA internship. The manager was very nice, wasn't looking to rattle you; just wanted to learn more about my experience and qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions; mostly questions about my resume and my work experience. Strategic sourcing experience, procurement experience, project management experience was required.   Answer Question
    Internship, so there was no negotiations; the only option was the dates and terms of internship; 8 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks.

Medical Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Amgen.

I applied on-line and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amgen in November 2010.There were 6 interview rounds face to face interviews. Standard HR questions, background check, references

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amgen.

Interview questions were mostly about your research experience.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were related to how you would approach a research design.   Answer Question

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Amgen.

Phone interview
    Background: Ph.D candidate in Biostatistics.
    1. 0~15 min. I introduced my clinical trial background, mostly about the clinical trial course project.
    2. 15min ~ 25min. Discussion on programming, mainly SAS.
    3. 25min ~30 min. Interviewees said they cannot hire me since I do not have experiences with SAS MACRO programming. They need someone immediately working on SAS programming.

Senior Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amgen in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. I was then invited to an in person interview. The first was a panel interview, which I felt went extremely well. I was then interviewed by the person who conducted the phone interview, it was pretty much a continuation of the phone interview just in person.

Interview Questions

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!