Amgen

45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details Phone interview
Background: Ph.D candidate in Biostatistics.
1. 0~15 min. I introduced my clinical trial background, mostly about the clinical trial course project.
2. 15min ~ 25min. Discussion on programming, mainly SAS.
3. 25min ~30 min. Interviewees said they cannot hire me since I do not have experiences with SAS MACRO programming. They need someone immediately working on SAS programming.

Interview Question – nothing. Basically background experiences discussion.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amgen in February 2014.

Interview Details Contacted shortly after I submitted my resume to a recruiting company. I had 1 phone interview that was roughly an hour. I was then invited to a half day interview, where I toured the campus and had 5 one on one interviews that lasted roughly 30-45 minutes each. I was hired one week later, and begin week after that. Over all the process was smooth and efficient

Interview Question – I received many technical questions regarding my work with proteins, DNA, etc. I was asked to explain in depth any research projects I have been apart of any publications of which I am a co-author   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wast any negotiation because it was a temp. position, but I was happy with the salary

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I interviewed at Amgen in July 2012.

Interview Details 1 interview was difficult but was offered job. have been working there since july

Interview Question – Easy interview   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amgen in September 2012.

Interview Details Hiring manager emailed me directly, not HR. Had a few conversations over the phone before being invited for the interview. Interview was 1-1/2 days, and met with 10-15 people. Long interview, but all were very polite, and nobody really tried to test or ask very difficult questions.

Interview Question – Why are you applying to this job, since your background is much different   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They make good offers, and don't negotiate. If you try to come back to get the offer increased, HR just says that the offer is very good, and they can't do any better.

Intern Interview

Intern
Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I interviewed at Amgen in February 2014.

Interview Details Three 20 minute interviews with managers, lots of just behavioral questions, seeing if you fit in the culture

Interview Question – If you were asked to develop a new manufacturing plant, how would you do it?   Answer Question

DMS Coordinator Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amgen in October 2012.

Interview Details I was asked to come in to interview with the manager and another employee in the department. Then I was contacted by the manager a week later that I had received the position. The job was through a temp agency but Amgen was quite responsive. Amgen is a great company to work for!

Interview Question – What was your experience in working in the bio-pharmaceutical industry?   Answer Question

Competitive Intelligence Analyst Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details Interview was scheduled through an external recruiter. Interview happened on time. However, interviewer seemed to be a racist and did not even listen properly due to connectivity issues. Made conclusions based on bits and pieces that were heard on the phone.

Interview Question – Why we should hire you?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Engineer Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amgen in August 2010.

Interview Details internal transfer - promotion panel interview followed by a few one on ones, and then a presentation based on technical and personal success stories. Then, was grilled by the audience. very intense.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you vs. the next guy. what are you bringing to the table that we cannot get somewhere else.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little negotiation possible. it is Amgen

Amgen/Senior Associate Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details It is a long process. It takes time to even get the first call and then when you do expect to interview with anywhere from 5-7 people. Some of those will be panel interviews. Expect behavior based interviewing questions.

The work culture, unfortunately depends on the department. Middle level management needs to be trained more on how to manage people.

Interview Question – These questions aren't necessarily difficult but you will be judged highly on your answer. For example "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your manager and how it was resolved." Depending on the type of job you are applying for, you might be given a case study.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amgen in November 2012.

Interview Details Quick and painless. Amgen decision managers don't waste time. They come prepared to the interview and respect your time. They know what they want, and they are able to make quick decisions about who they ultimately hire.

Interview Question – Tell us about the greatest achievement in your career? Also, will you be able to be really tough on upper management if you have to be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - a great package.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amgen

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!

Amgen Videos

Amgen – Why Work for Us?

Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amgen interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amgen employees and interview candidates.