Amgen Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated 7 Apr 2015
Updated 7 Apr 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

Met hiring manager, line manager, and team after a phone screen. I was asked to demonstrate my expertise in SDLC and RUP methodology, as well as my previous IT experience. The process was very friendly, and I got to know the staff before working with them. This was an Amgen from a past long gone.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a project with multiple dependencies?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online in February and got a call in mid-March to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, they narrowed down to 3 second-round on-site interviews done the next week with three senior project managers and the hiring manager. I thought it went really well, and they were all super nice and welcoming people. It wasn't a really hard interview, mostly behavioral stuff and going over my resume, pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of the other two applicants we're interviewing?   Answer Question

Field Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

The process of setting up the interview and receiving input was very long. I was never reimbursed for my out of pocket expenses and even after contacting them and resubmitting them nothing came. It wasn't a lot of money but it made me wonder how they would treat the expense report process if this is how they try to hire qualifies candidates.

IS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone screen, they advance you to the next stage if they like you. Telephone interview with hiring manager and lastly on site panel interview (4hrs)
    They arrange for flight, rental, hotel ( meals included) plus a tour of the whole city
    Everyone was nice and I enjoyed the whole process, be patient as the process can take time from your initial online application to on site interview (if they interested)

Interview Questions

• I don't remember all of the questions but were mostly behavioural questions like
      Tell me about yourself?
      What are your weaknesses? don't come up with internet answers
      If a project experiences a setback, how would you inform or when would you tell the client?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs
      How did you handle conflict?
      Which smartphone OS platform would you recommend? ( looking for critical thinking skills)
      Explain waterfall methodology ( recommend white boarding on this one, outline the stages clearly) try and mention all the documents created in this methodology (

Answer Question

Senior Manager of Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Three phone interviews and one full day of interview after interview. Never received a call back or a phone call. Very unprofessional. The hiring manager was not prepared for the interview and became very frustrated during the day (lost their composure). They use a behavioral based interview process. I was asked the same questions by each interviewer. All interviews were one on one.

The company is not looking for talent, only for another cog in the wheel.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle subject matter experts who don't want to take time to contribute to the training?   Answer Question

Specialist - IS Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Company comes to college for an interview. I met with 5 people in an hour. They are friendly and like most other interviews, they want you to walk through your resume, describe some situation you have faced in the past. Basically, those people are project managers and wants to see whether you suite their project or not. The interview process was good and they said usually results would come out in 1 months cause they have a bunch of schools to go. I was contacted one month later said that they were still trying to work that out. And another 2 weeks later a phone interview was asked to schedule with another manager who did not come to school. The interview will be held this week. In all, it was a very long process.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions like describe some situation you have faced....   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

Highly intimidating and challenging process. Most managers know within the first 10 seconds if they will hire you. Allow your communication skills to clarify your expectations and responsibilities. Only contract or temporary positions available at the time. Phone interview then progressed to onsite panel interview, including 1:1 with prospective manager.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: tell us when you encountered a conflict on a project and explain how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Research Associate In Small Molecule Chemsitry Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

1 full day; 10 hour long interviews and a presentation. They don't this for Bachelor level anymore, only Masters and up. The day was long and dinner provided at the end. THey asked me to stay in a hotel the night before even though I lived in the area. THings have changed though and they are much more careful with the money. I am very happy I got the job and everyoen was extrememly friendly.

Global Strategic Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

I was initially contacted by the manager that I would be working with via phone interview. After two phone interviews, I was given an offer. The interview process was very informal, but again, this was for an MBA internship. The manager was very nice, wasn't looking to rattle you; just wanted to learn more about my experience and qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions; mostly questions about my resume and my work experience. Strategic sourcing experience, procurement experience, project management experience was required.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internship, so there was no negotiations; the only option was the dates and terms of internship; 8 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks.

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview
    Background: Ph.D candidate in Biostatistics.
    1. 0~15 min. I introduced my clinical trial background, mostly about the clinical trial course project.
    2. 15min ~ 25min. Discussion on programming, mainly SAS.
    3. 25min ~30 min. Interviewees said they cannot hire me since I do not have experiences with SAS MACRO programming. They need someone immediately working on SAS programming.