Amtrak IT Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amtrak in May 2009.

I was a contractor, so I applied to the position via an internal referral. The interview process is standard; I was interviewed by three managers. The questions were typical, perhaps a couple I didn't expect but was not an issue.

Overall the process of being interviewed and hired can be an extensive one; it was for me. It can take about three to four weeks. Mine took almost two months. It is worth it though - being an employee of the railroad corporation has good benefits including an additional railroad retirement fund.

Interview Questions
  • What typical software and/or tools do you use and why? {This was a question towards the end of the interview - it is not hard, but your answer will be evaluated)   View Answer
You do have some room for negotiation, but it depends on the hiriing manager and/or director.

Worked for Amtrak? Contribute to the Community!