Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated 1 Apr 2015

2.8

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Had lunch with other geologists and geology managers from variety of groups. After lunch, I gave a presentation to about 10 people. Followed by 4 one-on-one interviews. The last meeting was with an HR representative. Took a tour of the facility (which is incredible). That was the end of the formal process. Waited 3 months for a response.

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a senior engineer to schedule a phone interview. Another senior engineer joined on the phone so there was a 3 way conference call, which normally would be awkward to manage but it went quite smoothly.

Overall it was a great conversation as the questions were not super technical, but more behavioral wanting to know my motivations, mid to long term career plans, and familiarity with Anadarko's operations.

They ended up going with a more senior applicant which was fine as it wasn't the exact type of role I was looking for. That being said both interviewers were impressed as I was equally impressed with them and still very interested in a career at Anadarko.

Interview Questions

• What inspires you to want to work in the oil and gas industry?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Unlike most oil and gas companies, Anadarko recruiters are given the ability to hire interns directly without having to go back to HR. The process usually involves an initial wave of interviews with most interested students on campus. This first interview was short (~10 minutes) and rather combative. Second interviews were then conducted that afternoon with a handful of those who interviewed in the morning. The second interview was predominately a discussion about my thesis and previous work history, and I don't recall any behavioral questions being asked. Offers were made the following business day.

ITS Analyst Interview

Interview

Met the recruiters a few times through the career fairs held at my school. Got an interview. The interview was all behavioral but one of the interviewer seemed a little too full of himself. Have not heard back yet but it's been less than a week.

Petrophysicist Interview

Interview

First two interviews were over the phone. Very casual conversations. Invited to a whole day interview. Very polite, respectful, and talented people. Interviewed with a panel and then by teams of two/three. People are very spirited and enjoy working there. Very proud employees. Very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview requires mastery in public speaking skills. No real surprises. Clear expectations were set upfront. Very professional team leads interviewing in groups.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (College Station, TX (US)).

Interview

The interview with Anadarko was great. The person interviewing was very laid back and wanted to help you shine as much as he could. He asked questions that were easy to answer and went at your pace. They seemed to want candidates that were down to earth, and like-able. I got the impression that they are turned off by nerdy students.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Really bad, because they ask you to record your interview and then send it to them. So if you are camera conscious you are toasted. Bad way to rule out good candidates. Lack of human interaction. No phone interview and no personal interaction!

Interview Questions

• One feels stupid looking into the camera and answering questions. And you have 2-3 chances to time yourself. Gave only a day and a half to submit the interview.   Answer Question

Land Department Interview

Interview

Interveiwers were very knowledgeable and nice. Asked very good questions about my experence and how much i knew about the job I was appying for. They were very courteous and it didn't feel like I was being interrogated but rather interested in what kind of experience I had.

Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Applied online. 1 year later was called to set up a phone interview. 40 minute phone interview. Face to face round table interview with two different panels, about two weeks later

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for an Aviation Safety Advisor position in January of 2014, received an invitation for an interview in April. The interview was with a panel of decision makers within the department. All of the questions were pretty straight forward, no surprises. Everyone I met was very kind, considerate and accommodating. The interview itself took about 2 1/2 hours and was semi informal. I received a tour of the facilities and then met with an HR representative. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult questions asked involved my knowledge of the company. I had some difficulty answering which was my fault for not researching more.   Answer Question