Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep 2014
Updated 22 Sep 2014

2.9

Petrophysicist Interview

First two interviews were over the phone. Very casual conversations. Invited to a whole day interview. Very polite, respectful, and talented people. Interviewed with a panel and then by teams of two/three. People are very spirited and enjoy working there. Very proud employees. Very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • Interview requires mastery in public speaking skills. No real surprises. Clear expectations were set upfront. Very professional team leads interviewing in groups.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Station, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

The interview with Anadarko was great. The person interviewing was very laid back and wanted to help you shine as much as he could. He asked questions that were easy to answer and went at your pace. They seemed to want candidates that were down to earth, and like-able. I got the impression that they are turned off by nerdy students.

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Really bad, because they ask you to record your interview and then send it to them. So if you are camera conscious you are toasted. Bad way to rule out good candidates. Lack of human interaction. No phone interview and no personal interaction!

Interview Questions
    • One feels stupid looking into the camera and answering questions. And you have 2-3 chances to time yourself. Gave only a day and a half to submit the interview.   Answer Question

Land Department Interview

Interveiwers were very knowledgeable and nice. Asked very good questions about my experence and how much i knew about the job I was appying for. They were very courteous and it didn't feel like I was being interrogated but rather interested in what kind of experience I had.

Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Applied online. 1 year later was called to set up a phone interview. 40 minute phone interview. Face to face round table interview with two different panels, about two weeks later

Aviation Safety Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in May 2014.

I applied for an Aviation Safety Advisor position in January of 2014, received an invitation for an interview in April. The interview was with a panel of decision makers within the department. All of the questions were pretty straight forward, no surprises. Everyone I met was very kind, considerate and accommodating. The interview itself took about 2 1/2 hours and was semi informal. I received a tour of the facilities and then met with an HR representative. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficult questions asked involved my knowledge of the company. I had some difficulty answering which was my fault for not researching more.   Answer Question

EHS Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

I applied for a summer internship with Anadarko through my university. I first met with a hiring manager who conducted the initial interview. I was very nervous at first and the hiring manager seemed very tough but warmed up quickly when I asked her questions about the position. It went well though and about a week later I received a call from my would-be supervisor who said he wanted to discuss the position more. When I called back it turned into a conference call interview, so I didn't feel as prepared. He also asked less generic interview questions and more difficult, position-specific questions. A week went by after this second interview before the supervisor called me again to offer me the intern position. I was elated!

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe is the most effective way to develop and enact a new company policy?   Answer Question
    The original job listing gave an hourly salary range. I got the maximum amount, so there was was no negotiating.

Midstream Finance Interview

Was interviewed and hired through an MBA program.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I leave my former industry and position to pursue finance within O&G.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Work culture is work-hard, play-hard. Seems very fulfilling. People working there seem to really enjoy it.

Rotational Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

I applied through my college career website and was interviewed about two weeks after the application closed. Prior to the interview, there was a greeter who spoke to me about the position and company, and answered any preliminary questions I had. I was then interviewed by two employees, one of whom had been through the rotational program previously. This was the most relaxed and friendly interview I have had! They were very energetic about the company, funny, and just wanted to get to know more about you. The questions were mostly behavioral, with one or two relating to my past internship experiences. They were non-judgmental and made it easy to talk. They provided insight about the company and program in great detail.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like about your previous internship/employer?   View Answer

Worked for Anadarko Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!