Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group in September 2014.

I was frankly appalled. While it should be an easy conversation about my background, the two female interviews were aloof and detached from the very beginning. For most of the time they simply stared at me without knowing what to ask. WORST interviewers ever seen. I asked them what kind of candidate they are looking for. One said people who study economics, enjoy economics, and do economics research. I found this answer hilarious as I come from a typical math and finance background. Apparently when I walked through my resume they were confused about the stuff I study at school and there were no followups. I just don't understand why they want to interview me in the first place.

Conclusion: show that you love economics in order to nail the interview. My interviewers at least did not care about your finance and mathematics background.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Applied online through their website. Received an email scheduling a phone interview. First round phone interview with recruiter. The first round interview was a fit based one with a very nice recruiter. Clearly wants someone who has taken econometrics and done quantitative research.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a quantitative research project you have worked on? What are statistical techniques you used?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Straightforward. Applied through campus recruiting, had a 1st round interview with two alumni that worked at AG. Was invited to a 2nd round interview at the office, where I spoke with 5 different people who each held different positions in the company. Overall it was a great experience. I didn't get an offer (my interviews went well, but remember it's always who you're up against and partly luck) but I would consider applying again if the opportunity arises. Great people, great company. I love how they don't have case questions like many of the other big EC firms do. One's ability to solve a case question is very weakly related to one's ability to work in litigation consulting or do HEOR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in August 2014.

Applied online and was routed to the Boston office. First round was a phone screening with a senior analyst- asked about research experience and basic resume questions.

Invited Boston office for 5 one on one interviews with senior analysts, managers, and recruiter manager. Stressed leadership and quantitative work. Be sure to know your research projects as they will ask a lot of questions. One case questions about detecting outliers using daily data. basic to intermediate statistical and econometric knowledge helps.

Could not relocate to Boston

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

There was the usual cover letter+resume in order to get the phone interview. After that I was flown out to interview in person. The day interview consisted of 7 or so 30 minute interviews from various people in the firm. Each was pretty similar to the phone interview and mainly consisted of asking about past econometric projects and then being grilled on possible methodological hurdles and how to handle them

Interview Questions
    • They would go into great detail on the methodology of your past research. Be sure to have all the details fresh in your mind   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in July 2014.

The entire process took roughly one month. I applied online but had a referral, which might have expedited the process somewhat. I had a 30 minute behavioral phone interview, in which I was asked to discuss my interests in the EC industry and Analysis Group in particular. I then interviewed in person with five people, including HR, analysts and managers. Overall, it was a very positive experience. No case questions. We had thoughtful discussions about my previous research, academic experience and future plans -- I never got the impression that I should be intimidated. Know your resume well. If you come from a research background, be sure to know your previous work exceptionally well, as you will likely be asked about methodology/assumptions. I didn't receive an offer, but was impressed by the people I interviewed with and will consider applying again in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about research, methodology and assumptions. I was interviewed on these topics with people who had some experience relevant to my research.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Behavioral and technical questions, interests in economic consulting, questions about previous work experience and academic research, no formal case interviews, went through on-campus recruiting and then full day of interviews onsite, heard back on the same day regarding offer, no online assessment or presentation, process was fairly quick and streamlined

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

The recruiting process will be faster if you are referred by someone or through on-campus recruiting. The phone interview is not bad--be sure to know your resume well. They will ask very specific technical questions during the on-site interview. There is no typical consulting case interview if you apply for the Healthcare Analyst position.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Standard interview process: hour phone interview then a half day of interviews at the office.

Phone interview: essentially a walk through of your education and work experience. They also described their work and office.

In person: Meeting with a series of seniors plus a case study. Generally difficult questions more focused on critical thinking and recalling details of previous analyses you've done. Smaller amount of getting-to-know-you type questions. Case study in excel.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would estimate the cost of replacing a nationwide pipe system.   Answer Question

The offer was generous and the office was nice, but the atmosphere felt less collegial/laid back than I like.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in April 2014.

Two rounds of phone interviews. They will call to schedule first. The process is normal, no weird questions. They did a good job at being interested at your research work. Also they seem to know your CV and cover letter very clearly, so prepare well according to your CV and cover letter.

Interview Questions
    • They asked why I would like to work here, but I think it is reasonable and not very hard.   View Answer

Worked for Analysis Group? Contribute to the Community!