Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Applied online, and got the initial phone interview in a week.

Interview questions were pretty standard. They really care about your relative healthcare experiences and asked a lot of follow up questions on my healthcare projects during internship. Behavioral questions were standard, too.

Interview Questions
    • If you could re-do something, what would that be? How would you re-do it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interviews were not case-based, instead the interviews delved deep into technical skills. The interview was fairly short (only lasting about 30 minutes), so make sure you only highlight things that are important. If you start rambling, they'll move you along to the next question. The two interviews took place on the phone and involved two people interviewing me each time.

Interview Questions
    • If I said that I knew how to use a certain computer program, I was asked to describe how I did so in great detail. So only claim to know things you know really well!   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

I had a phone interview and in person interviews. The turnaround was quick, I heard back the day after my phone interview about flying out for in person interviews the next week. The questions in all rounds were pretty quantitative, focusing on past statistical research experience. They weren't brain teasers or anything, they just required critical thinking about statistical analysis. I had four interviews in person, two with analysts, one with a manager, and one with HR.

I did not negotiate.

Analyst Interview

I applied online after I talked to a representative at the career fair at my University. I just finished the phone interview. Interviewer told me I'd be contacted within 2 weeks for next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an instance in which you had to be a leader and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

The first round was a phone interview with an Senior Analyst. Took ~1 hour and was mostly behavioural questions focused on prior research experience.

The next and final round was 5 x 30min interviews at the office I was applying for (Boston) with Senior Analysts and Managers. Again, it was mostly behavioural questions focused on prior research experience. I was rather disappointed to not have any case interview questions because those are fun. As my interviewers did not co-ordinate amongst each other and seemed fairly new to the process, they all asked essentially the same questions: Discuss my prior research experiences followed by a question on any teamwork-related challenges I've encountered.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Phone interview, nothing really difficult, my interviewer was nice. Went into details in my past research experience. General behavioral questions like tell me about your role in a team, tell me about a time that you did xyz... Just be prepared to tell stories about your resume.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

Applied through university career center. Received an email about 2 weeks later for a first-round interview at the career center. Had interview with an Analyst and Associate at once. They had no case interview and focused solely on my past research experience. As others have said, make sure to know the methodologies and conclusions of past research projects.

Interview Questions
    • What impact did the conclusions of your research have on the field?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

Phone interview. Standard questions about experience working with data and interest in economic consulting and analysis group. Also asked about favorite classes in general, and economics specifically. Talked through the major points on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • brain teaser (three jars with red marbles, blue marbles and a mix. all of them are mislabeled. how many marbles do you need to pick to know which is which?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

The process is 1 phone interview and a "super day". The super day was a lunch with analysts and the recruiter along with 4 interviews with varying levels of staff. The types of questions were either behavioral questions or probes into prior research you've done. Be prepared to talk about your research; they will break it down and test to see if you understand it well.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Analysis Group in September 2014.

I was frankly appalled. While it should be an easy conversation about my background, the two female interviews were aloof and detached from the very beginning. For most of the time they simply stared at me without knowing what to ask. WORST interviewers ever seen. I asked them what kind of candidate they are looking for. One said people who study economics, enjoy economics, and do economics research. I found this answer hilarious as I come from a typical math and finance background. Apparently when I walked through my resume they were confused about the stuff I study at school and there were no followups. I just don't understand why they want to interview me in the first place.

Conclusion: show that you love economics in order to nail the interview. My interviewers at least did not care about your finance and mathematics background.