Anheuser-Busch

Updated 29 Jan 2015
Updated 29 Jan 2015

3.3

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

The first interview was an hour long case study. 30 min to review the material, 30 min to present and answer questions. Case study tested marketing, sales, and supply chain skills.

Second interview was behavioral. Questions such as what is your favorite non-AB brand? Why is your favorite brand successful? What is your favorite marketing campaign and why? Name a time when you failed?

Third interview was in St. Louis. First half of the day included a brewery tour and Q&A session with current GMTs. Second half was a 2.5 hour business simulation game. All candidates were split into teams of 5 and given a hypothetical company and targets for each month. Team has to work together to reach targets.

Final round interview was in St. Louis. Panel interview with company executives. Mainly looking for how you interact with fellow candidates and presenting yourself to senior management.

Did not negotiate.

Seasonal Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

A very long process for a rewarding position. Includes a personality test, phone skill test, math test, typing test, and 3-4 interviews depending on the position. Took about 2 months total, try scheduling interviews for the day after the phone call saying you advanced to the next step. Be prepared for interviews with two people at once, including with the Brewmaster and General Managers themselves.

Interview Questions
    Union-set pay, no negotiation but not a bad hourly rate.

Seasonal Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2015.

Interview has taken 4 weeks now.Two online sessions answering basic questions and aptitude test.
    Structured interview with HR and Manager.Telephone role play which is a little difficult. Awaiting results on this.

Brewery Development Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

I reached out to them through their website regarding the position. I was contacted by a women named Jennifer in HR 2 weeks later saying that they would like a phone pre-screening that would last 15 minutes. It lasted 45. I then drove to their New Hampshire Brewery where 2 female interviewers conducted a behavioral interview. During the Interview Jennifer came off very strong, asking me why I choose the decisions I made during projects at school. I hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to ask a group member to leave a project?   Answer Question

Global Traineeship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in November 2014.

Took over 2 months. Had 3 online tests. First a cultural fit, than behavioural test and finally a logical test.

After the online tests a phone interview with case study.

Interview Questions
    • What is the challenges AbInbev will face in the future?   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

HR took months to get back to me on interviews and scheduling. Interviews were disjointed and disorganized. At certain levels, you will have to meet with senior management (VP level) in order to qualify due to banding. Because of the additional level of interviews, it might take months to get a final offer - if at all.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were standard "tell me of a difficult situation" or "tell me about this" type questions. Nothing fancy.   Answer Question
    Always ask for a higher salary because you might not receive a raise for several years.

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2014.

I met them at our Career Fair and attended one of their info sessions. I applied online and they invited me in for an initial case interview. The case itself was almost impossible to nail. You work for a hypothetical company that currently produces 4 beers. They provide how much beer is produced each season and how much revenue each beer brings in. Then they give you another list of 8 beers with the same data, and ask you to choose two beers to implement into the current beer portfolio. They also tell you which beers appeal to which target audiences, and tell you what their competitors are doing. They also tell you to come up with a marketing strategy for your new beers. They ask you to do this in 30 minutes, and then give a 10 minute presentation of your plan.

This is pretty much impossible, but the idea is to focus on the key issues and make up the rest as you go. I was only able to get to a few of the important points in my presentation, but they invited me back anyway. They don't expect you to solve everything, they just want to see your thought process.

The second round interview the next day was a very laid-back behavioral interview. I thought it went well, but for some reason was not invited to St. Louis for the third round.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think Anheuser-Busch should do to improve our brand?   Answer Question

Category Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Go through Envision staffing services for initial phone interview, after that interview prepare to be barraged by behavioral/situational interview questions by a 3-4 person panel, and pretty much only those type of questions. Master the STAR technique: Situation Task Action & Response.

Interview Questions
    • paraphrased - Tell me about a time where you were faced with a hard situation in the work place. What actions did you take to resolve the situation and what was the result of those actions?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2014.

Smooth, typical interview over Skype. They said they would get back to me within the week. I've sent three emails and a thank you note and have only heard silence. Very unprofessional.

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in August 2014.

I was very surprised by how unprofessional the HR process was at AB. I was notified by email that I'd been selected to interview and asked to select my availability from a list of dates. Despite repeatedly following up by email and phone, I didn't hear anything back about scheduling well past the last date listed as an option. For a while, I truly suspected the interview request wasn't real. After giving up, I finally got a reply, giving me a single scheduling option two days later.

Once I finally made it to the actual interview, it was more like what I would expect from a company of this size and caliber. The questions were very tough and it did seem like their efforts to convey just how much and how hard I'd be working were a little over the top, but nothing too extreme.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which your short term goals were incompatible with your long term goals and how you resolved it.   Answer Question