Anheuser-Busch

112 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Weekender Interview

Fairfield, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in August 2013.

Interview Details I have a friend who works there and he told me to apply for the Weekender Manager position. I had a little managerial experience but nothing in the distribution field, which is probably why I wasn't offered the job.

Interview process was pretty intense, and time consuming. Even though I wasn't offered the job it was a good experience in dealing with a long, multiple level interview. Here is an outline of the interview process:

1) 30-45 minute phone interview, asking all the normal questions, and going over your resume and qualifications.

2) If you pass the phone interview you have to go in to the plant to do a Math test, and then a test depending on the job you are applying for. The math test was about 15 questions and was simple percentage and scheduling type stuff; this part was timed (I think it was 20 minutes to do 15 questions). The other test I took was much longer, not timed, and asked situational questions. The majority of the questions would lay out a situation and ask you to select two answers 1) what you would MOST likely do in the situation, and 2) what would you LEAST likely do in the given situation. I felt like that test was two fold, partly seeing how you would manage a difficult situation, and partly a psych evaluation.

3) If you pass the basic skills test, they then invite you to the plant to do a structured interview. When I say structured I mean insanely structured; the interviewers each had packets and would literally rate you on a number scale as to how well you responded to their questions (very impersonal). I had two people interviewing me, one was the HR guy who I was in contact with through the entire process, and one was a senior manager at the plant. The questions were very generic and really let you pick how you wanted to answer them, overall no really surprising questions. At the end they ask you about 10 questions asking you to rank your own proficiency in certain skill areas, which is annoying because you don't want to come across as over-confident, but also want to let them know your strengths. During the interview the manager got called on his walkie talkie and had to leave temporarily, which was kind of strange but understandable, the plant is running all the time and I guess there was an issue.

4) After my interview I didn't get asked to continue to the next part, they said they had other candidates with years of managerial experience so I wasn't too surprised. I guess the next part in the process is another managerial assessment, where they give you mock situations and you have to plan a response. Apparently its pretty in depth and takes about 2 to 3 hours.

Not entirely sure about the next step in the process, but I think if you pass the mock situation part, they have one final interview where they offer you the job.

Interview Question – When they asked me to rank my proficiency in electrical circuits I responded "very proficient". I guess one of the interviewers was skeptical that I was proficient and asked me "Ok, whats Ohm's Law?" Never thought I'd get that question applying for a managers position, but luckily I knew it.   View Answer

Hourly Production Operator Interview

Newark, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details Comfortable

Interview Question – What is the skill you have the most difficulty with and what are you currently doing to improve it ?   Answer Question

Seasonal Production Worker Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2014.

Interview Details Hiring process is sort of a long process. Fill out app on-line then had to take online behavioral, then onsite skills test, then your structured interview, then TAP test and finally your final interview with management. The Skills test is reading, basic math with some percentages, tables and graphs, mechanical. The TAP interview is a phone exercise where you're given a pamphlet of information to go over before the phone rings(30 mins to review) and your role playing starts with a disgruntled employee you're to convince to become a team player and then the second one is you're supervisor calling about a problem that occurred on the line that you have to own up to.

Interview Question – It's all pretty straightforward questions like what would you do in this situation or name a time when type of questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got phone call a couple weeks after final interview saying I got the offer if I was still interested and I accepted.

Electrical Maintenance Technician Interview

Fort Collins, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2014.

Interview Details The interview process is one that's fairly typical for the large corporations. The first step is go to go in to take a computer based exam. The questions aren't very difficult, but there is a ton of them and you only have a certain amount of time to answer them. My approach was to just make sure that the questions I answered were correct and not to get too rushed or freak out. I wasn't able to answer all of the questions in the allotted time and I have been called back for the next step in the process so my strategy apparently worked. I also had the part where they ask a bunch of canned questions, like were you ever in a situation where you were frustrated with you supervisor, what was the situation and how did you handle it. They won't let you get away with generalizations. You have to describe a specific incident and tell them how you handled it. So, be prepared to have specifics like that. Once again, I was prepared with specifics and I'm going to yet the next step in the process.

Interview Question – I haven't completed the process yet so I'm going to fill this in once I've either been hired or rejected.   View Answer

Sales Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2013.

Interview Details met them at a career fair then had a Skype interview the following week. It was very awkward and they did not seem to care about what was on my resume and just asked the typical behavioral questions. Interview lasted 20 minutes and that's all they made their decision based on.

Interview Question – just your typical star method questions   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Saint Louis, MO (US)

Interview Details Approximately a month after applying online I was contacted by HR via email to set up an in-person interview with the former supervisor of the position and the upcoming supervisor of the position. Was asked 6 specific "tell us about a time when..." questions that related to similar situations that would be expected to come up in the position at AB. Then was asked 6 technical questions, "how proficient are you using...", all relating to programs listed in the jobs description. Then was asked if I had any questions. That was the entire interview. Everyone I worked with was very professional, was told if I made it to the next step (the final one or two) I would be interviewing with another higher up manager. It was approximately 3 weeks before I was emailed that I did not make it.

Interview Question – All the "tell us about a time when..." questions could be associated with the job requirements and preferences found in the jobs description, same thing with the technical questions. If you can relate to most aspects listed in the job description you are applying for, it should be a comfortable process.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Group Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details Quite challenging but a great process. Lots of tell me about yourself questions.

Interview Question – The role play/TAP assessment   Answer Question

Senior Controller Interview

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in February 2009.

Interview Details Recruiting agency, AC

Interview Question – Being surprised of information I already detailed on my CV beforehand.   Answer Question

Brewery Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details multiple intervies, including Plant Manager

Interview Question – All behavioral questions. eg "What would you do if.....?"   Answer Question

Business Intern Interview

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in February 2013.

Interview Details Applied through university careers and had a phone screen, a Skype interview, then an on-site interview that consisted of a tour and a panel interview. The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult. Everything was pure behavioral (Tell me about a time when...)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation due to it being an internship

Interviews for Top Jobs at Anheuser-Busch

Worked for Anheuser-Busch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Anheuser-Busch interview questions and advice. All 112 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Anheuser-Busch employees and interview candidates.