Aon Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The first part of the process included a webcam interview. It was not a live interview in that my responses to questions were recorded. Next, I went in for an interview at their location. I was interviewed for an hour total by two separate interviewers. Each interview took a half and hour to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a particularly difficult customer?   Answer Question

Corporate Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial meetings were via phone and video conference. As things progressed, meetings were in-person. Most interviewers seemed to have a personal interest in the success of the company and are seeking that of the interviewee. Questions were, generally, insightful and behavior-oriented. As a whole, the process seems to be a middle of the road in terms of "toughness" and formality (e.g. no group/panels, no testing, no case studies, etc.). Duration of the process has been lengthy and, logistically, bumpy. There are some small things they could do, in the process, to make the candidate feel a bit more special and a bit more interested and engaged in the company, which would be in alignment with how the executives represented themselves in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position   1 Answer

Benefits Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Aon (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Had to complete a 10-question video interview (5 essay questions, 5 video) within 48 hours of receipt. Then had four 30-minute phone interviews. Was told by interviewers that I would hear back anytime between one week and one month; I heard back in about four days and was offered a different role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made a process suggestion to your supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've lost face with a client and had to rebuild their confidence.   Answer Question
    • What is your strategy for training?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, as offer seemed fair to me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week. I had a digital interview and was moved to 4 in person interviews. I heard back after that in 2 weeks

Customer Servicerep Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aon.

Interview

I sent my resume in and received an email 2weeks later asking me to do an on line interview. It was all behavioral questions. Two days later I received an email thanking me for doing the interviewand due to the high applicant volume it would take a few weeks for them to get back to me. That was on 12/5/14. Still waiting.

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in January 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was a digital interview with recorded video questions and written questions. The purpose of this was so that my interview could be distributed across different sectors of Aon for employer review. Around 2 months later I was contracted by a hiring manager to come into the San Francisco office for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of several back to back interviews of a half hour duration each which were mostly conversational. Not challenging as far as interviews go, mostly standard questions: why Aon? Why this position? Etc. Still waiting to hear back at this point on an offer.

Process Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aon.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and was able to meet with the recruitment specialist in a week. Apparently the assistant was supposed to e-mail me an interview prep package but I never received it or knew about it. The interview were mainly behavioural based questions but they weren't anything out of the ordinary. The recruitment specialist said that I should hear back a week later and if I didn't I could follow up. He also mentioned that the hiring manager was also interviewing people. Anyways, a week passes and I don't hear back from them. I follow up and he said interviews are still going on so I should follow up in a week. I followed up and didn't hear back until two days later that the hiring manager chose someone else.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aon (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The first step in the process was a phone interview with a member of the HR Department. This consisted primarily of giving a more detailed description of all the relevant pieces of my resume. It lasted maybe a half hour and at the end the possible next steps were discussed.

About 2 weeks later I was informed that they wanted to have an in person interview and then about week after that we scheduled a time. The interview itself was a round robin interview meeting with 5 sets of people. Some were just meeting with one person at a time while others had groups of 2 or 3. All of the people who spoke to me were members of the team that was hiring. Each person had questions they thought of, as well as a sheet provided to them by the company

Interview Questions

• How many flights go in and out of Laguardia airport everyday?   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aon (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2014.

Interview

I had applied for another role online. Their HR rep contacted me by phone, reviewed my experience and referred me for this role instead.

On the day, the interviewers were late, grumpy (complaining about the inconvenience inflicted on them during their office renovations), unprofessional, rude and dismissive.
    I had researched the company and interviewers beforehand, and when I asked one of them about his current MA course, he was annoyed and cut me short.

Overall, I was very glad to get insight into how unfortunate I would be to work there. The interviewers showed themselves at their worst, and I was glad to get out right away.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in this role? [comprehensive answer] But what did you do? [reworded answer, with more details] But what did you doooo?   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL (US)

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied for the role on a Friday and got a reply Monday asking for an interview. I had a phone interview a couple days later and was asked to come in the following week. I interviewed with 2 men, super easy interview they made it very comfortable and more conversational. By the end of the interview they said I'd be a great fit for the role however there was someone else they were obligated to possibly hire but I'd most likely get a call for another opening. Regardless they said I'd be getting a phone call. I was supposed to be told the following week. 1 week passed and no notification, emailed the recruiter told me they didn't have a decision yet, same thing the next week, at the 3rd week she stopped replying, at the 6th week she told me again a decision hasn't been made. On Friday I emailed her again and received an email today(Monday) that they were looking for a specific skill set and simply just put sorry. Honestly shocked at how unprofessional this process was. Absolutely will not interview with the Lincolnshire office again. They didn't even feel that it was necessary to give me a courtesy phone call.