Aon

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY (US)

Interviewed at Aon

Interview Details I applied online through my university career website, and the recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. I spoke with an analyst who was a recent graduate, and the interview was fairly standard with typical behavioral questions. A week later, I was invited to the Superday at the office. I had four interviews with principals from both the New York and Chicago offices. There were two case interviews and the others were behavioral. I was also asked a mini case question and given plenty of time to ask questions. All interviewers were easy-going and gave hints during the case questions.

Interview Question – How many USPS drop boxes are in Manhattan?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received another offer with a higher salary.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at Aon

Interview Details The Interview and Hiring Process went very smoothly. Met with both a manager and assistant manager. There were no trick questions by either managers, as they were just trying to get a feel for my level of experience and my personality. Both interviewers put me at ease and were very easy to talk to during the interview.

Interview Question – No "trick" questions or unexpected questions were asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details Interview was easy, one with the HR department and another one with my director. Spoke about my skills and my willingness to work for an international Brand like Aon. I expected a tougher interview. What they more cared was that my studies were about to finish and to have a good English level

Interview Question – I did not find a special difficult question,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I entered the company as a Junior with a standard contract called "Junior trainee" which has the increased salary agreed for the following three years.

Account Specialist Interview

Account Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in May 2012.

Interview Details Took over a month - I had to meet with several people. Some of them were ok and just checking the boxes one guy was a real weirdo and tries to stump you.

Negotiation Details – They offered me and I was able to negotiate higher salary, bonus and time off.

Broker Interview

Broker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in March 2012.

Interview Details Very dysfunctional. The worst part about the process was having one guy ask some off the wall questions. What type of animal would you be? What superpower would you ask for?

Interview Question – What type of animal would you be if you could change in to an animal.   Answer Question

Account Specialist I Interview

Account Specialist I
Denver, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aon in January 2014.

Interview Details Great experience informal and formal. you discuss just about everything in your personnel world and then you go into another interview with a background drill down. It is a great environment to walk into.

Interview Question – They have an informal conversation with you then send you to the manager and have a drill down of your background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, but they offered a fair salary.

Business Development Associate Interview

Business Development Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details First was a phone interview with one manager then an face to face interview with two managers followed by another phone interview with two other managers.
Tell us about your greatest weakness?
Tell us why we should bring you on board?

Interview Question – If we hire you, what would you bring to the organization that next person will not?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate an extra $5,000 per year in salary.

Producer Interview

Producer
San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Aon in July 2012.

Interview Details 3 interviews by 3 different middle level managers. Focus on past production and proof of production. No testing or background. Hiring based on past production and past reputation

Interview Question – Nothing to unpredictable. Hardest question was reason for leaving.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – back and forth twice. I pretty much got what I wanted.

Account Specialist Interview

Account Specialist

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details It was a long time ago, and honestly I can't remember anything difficult about it.

Interview Question – I can't remember, but it wasn't a tough interview. You need decent excel/word and an analytical mind and you should be ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated up by a few thousand annually.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details Laid back interview, easy people to connect with