AppFolio

Updated 31 Jan 2015
Updated 31 Jan 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio.

Process took about 2 weeks.

Received a call from a recruiter about a week later asking to set up a screening about my resume and interests.

Set up a date for a technical interview which was fairly straightforward about sorting arrays and software design patterns.

Interview Questions
  • What happens when you press the submit button on a website (networking question TCP/IP stuff)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AppFolio

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AppFolio.

Applied on line, the entire process took 3 wks.

1 week after aplication, contacted by recruiter. Talked about the company, project and resume, as well as the tool they were using.

Then the phone interview, asked a coding question about recursion and how to persistent the state of the object used in the question.

Rejected in the next week.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AppFolio.

3 skype interviews managed by a 4th person
    each interview lasts an hour.
    different interviewers who did apparently not speak to each other about the previous interviews. sometimes redundant questions (such as can you name your most proud programming project).
    overall relaxed atmosphere
    this 50 words minimum is not helping, i guess

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the box.
      some programming questions, recursive, then the same problem iterative, questions about my computer science background, different languages that i used and why etc.
      friendly ppl

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AppFolio in December 2014.

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few days. Initial phone screen to discuss my resume, after which we set up a technical phone interview with an engineer. Good interview experience, just got stumped on a technical question.

Software Engineer Interview

One phone interview with HR about behavior questions, and other 3-turn interviews with engineer, leader engineer and CTO. All the questions are not so difficult, but tricky. Just to make sure your codes are clean enough without bugs!

- Submitted resume at Career Fair Event
    - Got back pretty quickly in 2 - 3 days
    - One phone call for resume discussion
    - One remote interview on Skype with Technical Lead

Software Engineer Interview

Three interviews. First one has two general coding questions, listing all the prime numbers. Second one is about software design and computer network fundamentals like http, tcp protocols. There is a question like, what will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter. The third one is basically describe your project and explain your code on github.

Interview Questions
    • For the question "when will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter", you are supposed to give a lot of details, like TCP, IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AppFolio in October 2014.

Applied online for the Software Engineer Intern position and within approximately a week I had a initial phone screen with a member of the HR team. She was very kind and after that she set me up with a one hour technical phone interview with a senior member of the engineering team. The technical phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and covered questions on my background as well as questions relating to sorting, data management, and object-oriented programming. I was rejected at the end of the technical interview, but the interviewer was very nice about it.

Interview Questions
    • Related to sorting an array based on given specifications without creating any new data structures.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AppFolio in August 2014.

Very Exciting. Talk about some basic data structures. And the interivewer ask me some questions about BST tree. And use Triney tree to implement that. And also he asked me to convert a string to a number without using parserInt function in java.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AppFolio in February 2014.

Overall exp was good .initially had 2 phone interviews and 2 skype interviews .then I was asked visit SB office and the interviewers were friendly and lunch was provided .

Interview Questions
    • 2 skype interviews and 4 rounds of onsite interviews .Interview was general programming and some questions to test your aptitude .   Answer Question