AppFolio Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 13 May 2014
Updated 13 May 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AppFolio in February 2014.

Overall exp was good .initially had 2 phone interviews and 2 skype interviews .then I was asked visit SB office and the interviewers were friendly and lunch was provided .

Interview Questions
  • 2 skype interviews and 4 rounds of onsite interviews .Interview was general programming and some questions to test your aptitude .   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AppFolio

Software Engineer Interview

on campus recruiting but still need to apply online. They give me a phone interview but later they don't want to forward the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AppFolio in April 2013.

One on site screening in Richardson and then a Skype video interview with collabedit

Interview Questions
    • Division of a map getting results from an area over a map from a service. How would you make it faster   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AppFolio in January 2013.

It is quite a standard interview process. It emphasizes a lot on the breadth rather than the depth of knowledge in CS. All coding questions are reasonable and fair. From HR to CEO, all people there are very helpful and friendly. Their products are also very promising and starting to get a lot of revenue.

Interview Questions
    • Various types of sorting algorithms and their complexity. Process of a URL being entered to a page rendered to users.   Answer Question

This is my first offer and given the fact that this is a startup company and the pay is a bit below average.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AppFolio in November 2007.

The first interview was with the CTO, who described the general work to be done, with some talks about my background in software. The next was with a remote engineer over the phone, who asked more technical questions about my history and experience with Ruby on Rails and programming in general. After that, a one-on-one with their lead engineer who presented several programming challenges. A less formal chat with the president and CEO, then a follow-up with the CTO again.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current job, when you've only been there for so little time?   View Answer
    • How would you go about designing a text editor dialog that would let you hop around files easily by just typing parts of their name?   View Answer
    • How long do you think you would work for this company?   View Answer

Didn't feel I fit with the company culture.

Worked for AppFolio? Contribute to the Community!