Arcadia Solutions

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Arcadia Solutions

Interview Details I was hired through on campus recruiting. The process was very seamless. They did first round interviews at my school, then a series of interviews at their office in Burlington. The interview process was difficult, but very fair. I would recommend being prepared for both case and analytical type questions.

Interview Question – I was surprised at the importance of the group case. I think this is particularly revealing about how each person will work in a group.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Arcadia Solutions

Interview Details Had a colleague refer me to the company. I received an email a few days after that from HR. HR staff will schedule a phone screening with you initially. They will ask about your interest in the industry. The next interview is a phone interview with one of their Senior Consultants; they'll ask analytic and case questions, but nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – Questions were straight-forward.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

Interviewed at Arcadia Solutions

Interview Details Applied through a job board and was contacted within a few days. Had a first phone interview, asked the usual resume questions and then a few riddles. A couple weeks later had another phone interview but only received 10min notice. Spoke to a team leader, again resume questions and then even more riddles. The process was straightforward but how many riddles to I have to solve to make it to the job. It seemed completely unnecessary to keep asking riddles and I did not get a single analytical question. Did not make it to the final round.

Interview Question – Resume questions standard and an ungodly number of riddles   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2013.

Interview Details Previous hiring admin was a wreck, but the folks who do most of the phone screens and the on-site interviews are live employees. They want to work with great people. Despite its flaws, Arcadia has a fairly difficult and competitive hiring process.

1) Informational interview
2) Phone screen with current consultant. Includes analytical "riddle".
3) On-site, which many other folks discussed below. Includes behavioral case, analytical case, presentation to sell yourself, and social lunch.

My advice here would be that it's alright to goof up; circle back, acknowledge your error, move through the corrections methodically and quickly. Especially when it comes to math errors.
And don't let them see you sweat. Clients don't want to see you sweat.

Interview Question – How much does it cost to wash all of the windows in NYC, once each?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation---HR completely bungled the hiring process. That's why the new HR administration is there.

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Interview Details Four interviews - 'Case', 'Analytical', Presentation and 'Social'. The case and analytical are simple versions of any case pratice you've ever done. The 'analytical' focuses on a quantitative approach to choosing a business solution and is very straight forward. The 'Case' focuses instead of more practice project management issues and is easy to walk through. The presentation is merely verbally relating how your resume relates to the job with a powerpoint and the social is just a business lunch.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. Salary negotiation was simple enough having them state their preferred compensation first.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Burlington, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in June 2012.

Interview Details Submitted an online application and then completed two phone interviews before coming to the office for a 4 hour-ish in-person interview.

Interview Question – Here is a bunch of information about a hospital. What does it mean and how could this situation be improved?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a similar offer in another city that I preferred to work in.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Interview Details Three week interview process. My first interview was over phone with a recruiter. The 2nd (over phone) interview a week later, was with one of their consultants. My last interview was in person w/ the team which included a couple of principal consultants and Senior Director.

Interview Question – My advice is to not get nervous. The analytic questions are actually pretty easy, but nerves can get the best of you. It was a good experience and they are really looking to work through and solve the problems together with you during the interview process.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Interview Details Half hour on campus interview. Went through resume, asked why I was interested in the company and the position. Asked me a brain teaser type case question. Time for questions at the end. Asked to do an on site interview. 5 parts: 1. Going over resume/what I know about the company/why I'm interested. 2. Case Study Question 3. Math/technical question 4. Lunch 5. Had to prepare a 20 minute power point presentation as to why I was a good fit for the company. Everyone at the company was very nice, thought interview went well.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary for a consulting position.   Answer Question

Consultant/Technical Analyst Interview

Consultant/Technical Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Interview Details The interview process is pretty straightforward. I applied online, and the hiring manager contacted me within 2 weeks. The first interview was straight forward and lasted 30 mins. They went over the resume, tell me about yourself type questions. The second interview was a mix of behavioral and analytical questions. The third interview was with a senior analyst which lasted about 15 mins and was again going through the resume. Generally there are 2 interviews, but very rarely they take a third interview before calling onsite. Overall the interview process is pretty straightforward.

Interview Question – What is the angle between the hands of a clock.   Answer Question

Providence, RI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in October 2012.

Interview Details Very strange initial process. Was not initially contacted for an interview, then received an e-mail the day before the on campus interviews. Very short, mostly informational (going over resume) and little behavioral interview. No case was worked over during this interview and was intended for a second round apparently. A week later received an email stating that I wasn't chosen for the next round. Overall unclear process.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Walk through resume. Why consulting. Why Arcadia.   Answer Question

Worked for Arcadia Solutions? Contribute to the Community!