ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions

Updated 21 Mar 2015
Updated 21 Mar 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

I first submitted an application online. Then was screened to come in and interview on campus. The recruiter was friendly and they explained SAR techniques to me before the interview began. Very general questions about teamwork and improving processes etc. The interview was pleasant and easy overall. I got an offer to move onto the second round, but I had already accepted an offer with a different company. Easy process, nice people, and sounded like they had a good program for their interns.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Tuscaloosa, AL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted approximately an hour. I have a bachelor's degree in physics and was applying for an engineering job so the interview probably wasn't typical for the job. The interviewer wanted to know all about the classes I had taken and my work experiences, particularly the internships I had done. There were a lot of situational questions toward the end - some asked about situations that I had been in and some were imaginary.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Process - about month for total, from first computer test, to first working day. Interview - full working day, with lunch provided. Met about 14 people during the day - from HR to my current coworkers and chiefs. Atmosphere was very friendly, it was easy to communicate with guys.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any super-difficult question, as well as something really unexpected. Of course, it is good idea to learn a little bit about company prior to interview and to research some popular questions, like your weaknesses, your 5-years goal etc.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician- Electrical Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Applied online then scheduled a test for the electrical position. After taking the test which was scheduled one week in advanced they call the next day to tell whether one passes or fails. Once the test is passed then one goes through two interviews on the same day and once an offer is made then a drug test and background check.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

not sure wasn't too much, interview was short, aybe 5 minutes, then got a call back tat i got the job, so i took it but wish i had a better offer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

I talked to them at my university's career fair and they scheduled me for an interview during the fair. The recruiter I talked to was very sincere, answered all my questions to his best extent and really wanted to help students grow. The interview was on campus the next day and was about 4-6 behavioral based questions all STAR format. No technical or creative questions, pure behavioral questions. Some questions were: what was the hardest programming project you have completed, what are your strengths and weaknesses, describe a time where you and group members weren't getting along, describe your leadership experience, and a few more.

Interview Questions

• So you volunteered for a non profit organization, what didn't you like about the organization?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

I originally submitted a letter of interest and résumé on my university's online career service center. About a week and a half later, I was invited via e-mail to select an interview slot for the interview day. I was also invited to their info session the night before interviews. Attend this if possible! If you can mention a certain point or two in your interview, it shows you cared enough to attend and think critically about their presentation and business. My interviewer was impressed with this and the fact that I got my end-of-interview questions from points mentioned there. The interview was simple and behavioral and lasted about half an hour. It was conversational and informal, a true learning experience for both sides. Then I was called about a week later and offered my job. HR is very pleasant to work with to get your summer set up for you.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 3-4 main questions with smaller individualized follow up questions. First he went over my résumé and we talked about the main academic project I completed from school (only one really as I am a sophomore) and my experience at past jobs. Second he asked about why I was interested in working at ArcelorMittal. I talked about being part of an industry that drives a lot of critical industries in society and is a real leader and solutions provider. The last question I remember was "What is your ideal work environment?" I said one that is diverse, collaborative, and SAFE! You will very likely get this question, do yourself a favor and mention safety. ArcelorMIttal employees pride themselves on their Journey to Zero (work injuries) and improving safety standards. Make it your goal to mention safety at least once in the interview no matter what. Hope I helped, guys. Practice and do well!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intern pay scales here are pretty structured from what I understand. I know some people asked for slightly different start and end dates and those were approved as far as I know.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

I first applied through my school's career website. Then, I scheduled an interview on campus about two months later. After the interview, I never heard back from the company, so I just assumed that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give a time that you took on too much work and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a team and had a problem that needed to be solved.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer - Mechanical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an initial interview through campus career fair recruitment. Since I was the last entrant, they accommodated me early morning. The interview went great and I received an email I was selected for the on site interview. They paid for the airfare and stay near the Burns Harbor plant, and the other expenses were paid too, however I have yet to receive the reimbursement. The interview was all STAR behavioral questions and then a plant tour which was really informative.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the most difficult conditions you have had to work in. ( Not that hard, but hard out of the other STAR questions)   Answer Question

Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Georgetown, SC (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I saw them at the Career Fair at my university and they were looking for a metallurgical engineer. I got an email from them asking me to come for an interview on campus, it was a very general question, typical asking about my leadership experience and my experience working in a manufacturing environment.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty straight forward, the hard one I found to answer was why steel, I should've been prepared for that question I just said some things about my passion for steel and Materials Science but I think they saw right through that.   Answer Question