AroundCampus Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2015.

Interview

I met the woman at the career fair and we talked over the internship as well as the benefits of working for the company. I sent in a few small details along with my resume and had an interview in person then filled out a personality assessment. Overall, not a hard process, but the interviewer was basically reciting a script and the pay was absolutely terrible compared to the long Summer of work (May 13 to August 14 for $3000)

Interview Questions

• Sell an advertising space to me. Pretend I am a local dentist and have never heard of around campus.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2015.

Interview

The process took about 1 week. Met a great recruiter at Career Showcase and scheduled an interview for that week. Met for about 30 minutes to interview and discuss the position. Had to complete a short 35 question personality test post-interview. Was contacted less than a week later regarding a position.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus (Boone, NC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and emailed my schools recruiter and got a phone call from the recruiter a few days later. I did a virtual interview where you answer per-recorded questions then got a call to schedule an in-person interview. After the interview had to fill out a personality test.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses, Sell them the back cover of the planner   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

It was a three- step process. Even though the second base was interesting with the virtual interview, it was not very difficult. The last step was the Skype interview with short questions and case studies. One of the questions was "What is one thing you did that contributed to your development that I can't see on your resume?" which I thought was very interesting.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you did that contributed to your development that I can't see on your resume?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in December 2014.

Interview

I found this internship on Internships.com and first applied through there. About a day after that, I got an email from an AroundCampus representative, sending me a link for the full application. Then a few days after I filled that out, they called me and told me a bit more about the internship and asked me a few simple questions, and got me started in the interview process. The first interview was a virtual interview, where you answer pre-recorded questions into a WebCam. Kind of cool because you can re-record and watch yourself. Then after that, there was a Skype interview and a personality test. That happened around 4 days after the first interview. Then about a week later, I got offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Statesboro, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus (Statesboro, GA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

A lot of steps, but definitely worth it! Starts off with a virtual interview, phone interview, then a Skype interview, then so on. The interview took about an hour, but it was very interesting. The interviewer made things very fun. The company takes time in getting to know individuals. Exciting interview!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

The interview process was quick for me. I applied online and received a call that day. After a few short answers I had an online virtual interview followed by a skype interview. After those were completed I was called two weeks later and hired.

Summer Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

I got contacted by email then we exchanged emails for a few days until I was told to submit the app online. Afterwards, I got invited to a phone interview then a video-recorded interview then a skype interview. After a few days I got offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• pick your favorite restaurant & try to sell a product to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted, but after going through training I wish I would've decline the offer. It was nothing like I thought it was going to be & the whole thing is scripted. I felt like they pitched me a sale & sold me on their business, only telling me the good to feed me in. They didn't say how much work it would actually be & how long & tiring the training is. I got no sleep at training so afterwards when I got back to my hometown I quit the internship.

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

There are three interviews. The first one is a phone interview to get to know what exactly you are looking for. The second interview is a Skype interview, my Skype was not working so their was no video on my end. A couple of difficult questions asked. He asked me what I wanted to gain out of an internship, why I would be a good candidate. I was also asked to pretend to sell a company an advertising slot on the back of an agenda book, they said they were passed their budget so I had to convince them yet to still buy a spot in our advertisement. After this he called me back two days later offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this slot in the advertising section of this agenda book   Answer Question

It is not worth all the travel. It was cool that they had training in North Carolina. You only earn $200 a week but it is taken back after the summer and subtracted from all the commission you have earned. Commission is only 15% of sales. There is a lot of traveling required and a car is needed. The salary definitely was not going to cover the costs of all the travel involved. It did seem like a good experience but not worth the time if you are looking for something that pays well with good hours. Hours were 8-5 which is a lot considering you are only getting 200 a week. They try to lure people in by advertising it is a "PAID" internship but when you do the math definitely not worth it.

Project Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Step one: Submit your application on the web, or find them at a career fair if their on your campus. If you meet with the company at a career fair, you'll do an interview that's about half an hour. Their going to ask questions to see how easy/friendly you are to work with (tell us about a time you had to work with someone who was tough to work with, etc.) This is the best time to learn about all the different jobs they offer.

Step two: In-office interview: The questions will largely be exactly the same as those with step one. They'll also give you a quick little quiz to test your editing ability. You may want to bone up on advanced rules for alphabetical order, commonly misspelled words, and Advertising Capitalization rules.

Interview Questions

• I discovered I could stand a refresher on more advanced cases of alphabetical order. As in what's first: abc or abcd. (if your not sure, look up the rules)   Answer Question

Negotiation

It seemed more like an offer then a negotiation. I'd be curious if anyone has ever been able to haggle up their salary, or maybe got themselves some sort of perk.